• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Design a Great Building Contest - Voting !

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

Please vote for your favorite Great Building entry below.

• 1 - Wardenclyffe Tower, Player: Galadriel Lothlorien, Post #2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 15 - Speicherstadt, Player: Andi47, Post #17

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

This is the poll for voting on you favorite entry in the Design a Great Building contest.
Please take some time and read through the entries (there are some great ideas posted), and cast you vote for your favorite.
You can only vote once, so make sure to spread the word so everyone has a chance to vote.

You can find all of the entries here. Once you pick your favorite, simply find it in the poll by GB name, Player name, or Post number, and vote.

I disqualified 2 entries. One for being a second entry from a player, and one for not having enough detail to explain it. This was nothing personal I assure you.

Thank you all for your time and participation,
Z. D.

DeletedUser8162

Hi Zarok Dai. how much time have we for voting? we are motivating our guild's colleagues, and friends too, but some of them ask me for time limits.

DeletedUser5491

Nice event, i hope the ideas also not for the winner will be considered in the future ;-)

DeletedUser

Hi Zarok Dai. how much time have we for voting? we are motivating our guild's colleagues, and friends too, but some of them ask me for time limits.

I want to give everyone time to vote even if they are in different time zones. I will post the end date for voting tomorrow, but it will likely be the end of the week at least, so there is plenty of time still. Tell all your friends :)

DeletedUser7813

Is there gonna be only one winner or maybe two?
I want that Terracotta Army So bad :). Its gonna be the best GB ever. Its great for beginners and also for end game players.

DeletedUser8061

Is there gonna be only one winner or maybe two?
I want that Terracotta Army So bad :). Its gonna be the best GB ever. Its great for beginners and also for end game players.
It was said "winning ideas" in the contest. So I guess at least 3 winners :)

DeletedUser

There will be more than 1 winner. How many more is a secret till the voting closes :)
Also, voting will end on Saturday night, and winners will be announced Sunday.

LadyHecate

Marquis
Personally, I think everyone that submitted an entry should be rewarded with something; even if it's only a token reward like 10 Diamonds. Otherwise Forum Members are unlikely to make the effort to submit future contest entries. Admittedly, the overall winner should get something a little more substantial!
A presumptuous "Gratz!" to Harleen, who appears to be the runaway winner! Perhaps you'll get a full set of BPs for your entry once it appears in whatever guise Inno puts on it!!!

DeletedUser8061

Personally, I think everyone that submitted an entry should be rewarded with something; even if it's only a token reward like 10 Diamonds. Otherwise Forum Members are unlikely to make the effort to submit future contest entries. Admittedly, the overall winner should get something a little more substantial!
A presumptuous "Gratz!" to Harleen, who appears to be the runaway winner! Perhaps you'll get a full set of BPs for your entry once it appears in whatever guise Inno puts on it!!!
Thank you so much!! :) It'd be awesome if they reward winners will full sets of their GBs' blueprints!
I also like your idea of a GB very much and hope it'll win as well!

DeletedUser8126

I want to say a ((Gratz)) to dear Harleen as well , so , Congratz !
But s.th was on my mind...Your idea was interesting , GB's boosts were amazing...But the GB itself is not that much like a GREAT BUILDING...You know what I mean? A big stage with thousands of people around , is more like a big gathering than a buidling...
If you win the contest - that is much likely - maybe you should reconsider or suggest a better ((shape)) for the building...
Or maybe I'm wrong?? ;)

Pafton

Viceroy
Not that I have participated in the competition but I would still be interested to know what the rewards are.

qaccy

Emperor
Votes on the poll should have been hidden, in my opinion. Especially with the option to change votes. I personally don't think the current leader was the most well-thought-out submission, even if it was the wordiest. There are larger GBs that do less than what's being proposed for that one. Up to 5 bonuses including 2 or more active collections? No wonder everyone's voting for it!

Because I felt many of the proposed bonuses were a bit over-the-top, I voted purely on aesthetics and so I went with the Dragonfly. Very stylized building!

Pafton

Viceroy
That is correct. Most of the bonuses will destroy the balance of the game as they are too overpowered, more than our well-known Chateau and Alcatraz (both of which were player suggestions).

DeletedUser8061

I want to say a ((Gratz)) to dear Harleen as well , so , Congratz !
But s.th was on my mind...Your idea was interesting , GB's boosts were amazing...But the GB itself is not that much like a GREAT BUILDING...You know what I mean? A big stage with thousands of people around , is more like a big gathering than a buidling...
If you win the contest - that is much likely - maybe you should reconsider or suggest a better ((shape)) for the building...
Or maybe I'm wrong?? ;)
Thank you for your comment! I know, this doesn't sound like a Great Building, but I had a few reasons for choosing it:

1. It was actually the first thing that came to my mind when choosing a design for a GB. I think the animation of the crowd and artists will look fantastic, being done by this astounding development team. :rolleyes: (Graphics of this game is what makes me continue playing, actually!)

2. When I came up with the idea of a changable boost, it fitted surprisingly well for a Festival. If INNO makes different animations according to each of the playstyles, it'd be a GB players can truly interact with. Choosing a playstyle will be actually choosing artists who will rock the stage, and the way this GB looks for the player! There hasn't been any GB like that in the past.

3. I work as a concert promoter (also made some festivals myself) and fond of hard music :oops: So I always wanted to see something related to Rock & Metal in FoE. We have only a Hippie Music Festival as a Premium Cultural Building, and, well, it's hippie! Rock & Metal music is a major part of live nowadays and has its own notable history. It's a rebellious, deeply thoughtful and motivational music. I can say without a doubt this music is able to save lives. It should be implemented if not in the way of a GB then as some other buildings. For example, a set of building for one of the events. ;) But, nevertheless, festivals have almost as many "visitors" as some of our real life Great Buildings. Sometimes they even attract much more people. :D

Do you have any ideas of other shapes this GB can have? If yes, I'd really want to know them. Please tell me! :oops:

DeletedUser

Please keep in mind these are players ideas for what they would like to see in the game.
Even if one of these ideas were to be implemented at some time in the future, it would still have to be evaluated for game balance issues, regardless of what specifications the initial proposal may have had.

DeletedUser8061

I personally don't think the current leader was the most well-thought-out submission, even if it was the wordiest. There are larger GBs that do less than what's being proposed for that one. Up to 5 bonuses including 2 or more active collections? No wonder everyone's voting for it!
Believe me, I spent a hell of a time thinking about my submission.

Because I felt many of the proposed bonuses were a bit over-the-top, I voted purely on aesthetics and so I went with the Dragonfly. Very stylized building!
That is correct. Most of the bonuses will destroy the balance of the game as they are too overpowered, more than our well-known Chateau and Alcatraz (both of which were player suggestions).
I agree that bonuses I've suggested are much more than what the current GBs have. However, what matters is not the boost itseft, but the percentage this boost will have while leveling.

You may have seen under a spoiler tag in my entry possible stats for this GB for leveling. Even if they're high enough, that's the rule of negotiations! Developers will certainly cut all the numbers and will exclude some of the proposed bonuses, that's why I posted so many of them.

Here they are:
(I haven't divided them in this table by playstyles though, but I can do it if you want, so you'll see the game won't become unbalanced with it..)
LEVEL 1 – None.
LEVEL 5 – 2.5% boosts / PPs = HoF amount divided by 2 / 2 FPs / 2 blueprints / Per 5 goods for Treasury / Trade limits increase to 1:2.2 and 2.2:1 / GvG Support Pool = 50
LEVEL 10 – 5% boosts / PPs = HoF amount / 5 FPs / 3 blueprints / Per 10 goods for Treasury / Trade limits increase to 1:2.5 and 2.5:1 / GvG Support Pool = 100
LEVEL 20 – 10% boosts / PPs = HoF * 2 / 10 FPs / 5 blueprints / Per 20 goods for Treasury / Trade limits increase to 1:3 and 3:1 / GvG Support Pool = 130
LEVEL 30 – 15% boosts / PPs = HoF * 2.5 / 15 FPs / 8 blueprints / Per 30 goods for Treasury / Trade limits increase to 1:3.5 and 3.5:1 / GvG Support Pool = 160

Most players stay on the 10th level of GBs, but for those who will tend to upgrage this GB to a MAX level, there's need in a major increase of the FPs amounts required to level up this GB for lvl 10+.

In the conclusion of my entry, I specially stated:

The stats shown above are approximate and only serve to show how all players could benefit from a GB which can change its boosts once in a while... I'd also like to note that ability to choose boosts is a great way to help people on different game stages to progress without sacrificing time and resources.

DeletedUser

This thread is really not the place to be discussing these entries specifications further. The entries were submitted as they are, and this thread is to vote on your favorite.

DeletedUser5955

i wont vote - i would not build any of them - sorry.
Those ideas are either too big for bonus they give or the bonus isnt the one i could need.

Status
Not open for further replies.