• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Delay when aborting quests

Status
Not open for further replies.

podkap1970

Emperor
If you want to counter the exploitation of the two quests "defeat this large army" why just not remove them instead of creating something that annoys everyone.
because they only can think one step, and always take the easiest solution

for me its maybe the final stupid thing you had done in the last few months, to stop me playing finally , thank you

Edit: so i do not need to see, how super creative you will be in the next GB or in the new SAV units

Edit2: i would write some more drastic words, but you are not worth it @Inno

Last edited:
This is not a bug.
This delay has been added to prevent exploiting of the recurring questline.

So in that case give me an option to mark reccuring quests I will never do so they dont appear again. I have 3 reccuring quests (2 for spending FPs, one for collecting coins/supplies) at the same time and every time I have to abort 12... that is 36 quests aborted! And you made it even more painful... lately I really think if your intention is to make all players angry... so many irrational choices... what changed at Inno that you started to be so hostile to us?

Last edited:
  1. Zoom that everybody hates... month has passed... no change...
  2. Removal of PVP towers that completely destroyed windows during battles and moved "OK" button to different place so it is even more clumsy to fight than before...
  3. Galata change... lazy way half change for no good reason that only harm everybody who dont have it already leveled up....
  4. And now this?

I am so happy I did not buy more diamonds last week when I was thinking about it... I will not support company that is openly hostile to majority of players... and yes, this might be final drop for me too... my wife will be happy...

Last edited:

Praeceptor

Marquis
As a Computer Science lecturer I taught interface design as one of the core units. This game breaks many of the rules of good design, forcing users to perform unwieldy operations to achieve simple tasks. The RQs are a good case in point. Anyone with a hand/wrist motor disability would be disadvantaged even more by the unnecessary number of clicks required to cycle through the quests.

It is arguably breaking European and British disability law.

Praeceptor

Marquis
There is a simple solution... ban exploiters... it is very easy to determine who is exploiting those battle quests...

Or even better solution, remove them and next time think before you put them there...

But no, punish everybody... this is Inno's way...
Inno wouldn't need to ban anyone if they didn't put so many exploitable "features" into the game.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
If anyone else finds this change annoyng, please contact support or post on the forum, and ask them to reverse this change.
Protesting has sometimes worked before: when they tried to charge for deleting roads in the Viking settlements, Inno finally had to back down because so many people complained.
This has made an already too busy and often tedious 'game' just a miserable chore.

podkap1970

Emperor
If anyone else finds this change annoyng, please contact support or post on the forum, and ask them to reverse this change.
Protesting has sometimes worked before: when they tried to charge for deleting roads in the Viking settlements, Inno finally had to back down because so many people complained.
This has made an already too busy and often tedious 'game' just a miserable chore.
there are 28 pages on the german forum about the zoom, i would say mostly negative, and we have this production-zoom since last year, at least few of the beta players, and nothing did happen
i know they did change some stuff, but lately they did not, if they can't see whats going wrong, there is no hope for them

Felair

Farmer
I get it, it was a while back, don't know what changed between then and now. Maybe some personnel changes, who knows but there was a time when they actually improved the speed because of feedback(after the initially broke it iirc) "In response to player feedback, we looked into options for speeding up the cancelling of quests, which should be a bit faster now."

Lets hope they come back from this very poorly made decision.. the majority should not have suffer a quality of life downgrade because some people abuse the system.
Especially when it doesn't fix anything, people with scripts just have to remake them or increase delays in existing scripts.. yeah they will get less goods/fp/points whatever but that would be the only change and I can't see that being a reason to stop doing what they are doing.

It would be better to invest in a solution to remove these abusers from the game..

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
How many years later are you adding this to try and slow down the use of CF+Recurrings?

Now that GBG farming is absolutely busted and infinite recurrings are one of the few things that can somewhat keep up with it? There are people doing 20k diamond fights a week -> about 34k FP every 14 days = 2400+ FP/day on average. Now they're the outliers but if you don't have such opportunity, one of the alternatives is spending the time doing recurring quests. If you manage 6 quests a minute (approximately best I've seen), and can keep up it indefinitely (which requires serious investment in ages where you can get this kind of throughput), this can hit ~120 FP/hr. So if you spent 20 hours a day with significant investment pressing abort in a favorable age you could keep up with a high-end GBG player.

Now that you've created an age that already has so many aborts many people have stopped trying to quest? (SAAB) It's already so annoying getting the quest you want in SAAB - and now you're making it 3 times longer?

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
I get it, it was a while back, don't know what changed between then and now. Maybe some personnel changes, who knows but there was a time when they actually improved the speed because of feedback(after the initially broke it iirc) "In response to player feedback, we looked into options for speeding up the cancelling of quests, which should be a bit faster now."
It would be better to invest in a solution to remove these abusers from the game..

Fully agree.

I know this decsion has nothing to do with the Mods or Custoemr support staff, so my criticisms are soley directed at Inno senior management.
This is insulting, and treats customers with disdain. Inno is punishing loyal players who go by the rules with, IMHO, an arbitrary, poorly thought out change to the game mechanics.

It is also profoundly dishonest, as "questing" has been a recognized playing style for almost as long as FOE has existed. see https://forum.beta.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/changelog-for-version-1-125.9013/

This is absolutely shameful on the part of Inno senior management.

jovada

Regent
It looks obvious to me, we old dinosaurs from the beginning are no more welcome , they attrackt new players with slogans as there is no other game with so much gameplay ( GVG, GE, GBG, PVP,events, settlements and province conquer )
That we the dinosaurs see the difference and notice that several things suck they don't care, all they want is new players that spend diamonds even only for one or two years and then leave because bored.
They have blinders like for horses for our complaints and are only focused on the app-players even if the gameplay is only 20% from what you can have on pc or laptop.
Our complaints are not even viewed by developers, no only transmission via moderators who come back to us and say they are not allowed to speak.

ANWAR we miss you, the only developer who came on the global to talk with the players

Status
Not open for further replies.