• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Delay when aborting quests & killing off Questing

Kempo

Merchant
There's good news. This was announced on the German forums today:

voraussichtlich mit dem nächsten Update wird die Verzögerung beim Abbrechen von Quests entfernt werden. Wie eingangs von uns beschrieben, handelte es sich dabei um eine Nebenwirkung der umfangreichen Code-Anpassungen im Hintergrund. Fälschlicherweise wurde uns und euch dieses Verhalten als "erwünscht" übermittelt. Es handelt sich dabei also definitiv um einen Fehler und die Entwickler arbeiten an der Behebung.
"Presumably with the next update the delay on aborting quests will be removed. As stated in the beginning, the delay is a side effect of major changes in the code [for the questing system]. By mistake, this was communicated to us and you as being intended. It definitely is a bug and the developers are working on fixing it."

Last edited:

Kempo

Merchant
Could that mod Der König in Gelb maybe find out about the zoom as well?
As far as I remember about the zoom it's the same feedback as it was here. It has been reported to the developers that many players don't like it.

However, there is this statement:
One user asked why the zoom is still in the game. Previously it was mentioned that the developers should just comment out that one line that triggers the zoom.
Der König in Gelb answered that it's more to do than just to comment out a single line of code.

Last edited:

lord2403

Merchant
There's good news. This was announced on the German forums today:

Presumably with the next update the delay on aborting quests will be removed. As noted in the beginning, the delay is a side effect of major changes in the code [for the questing system]. By mistake, this was communicated to us and you as being intended. It definitely is a bug and the developers are working on fixing it.

Good news. Very good news! :)

linuxgeek

Farmer
Great news!
I love my Chateau Frontenac at level 180.
Chateau Frontenac is the most powerful great building in the game.
I would never trade it for an Arc at the same level.
Well done InnoGames. :)

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Checks still in the mail.

I'll withhold my congrats, and my playing FoE, until I see the reversal implemented.
I can't help thinking that they'll introduce some other idiotic, game-damaging delay in place of this. As they were too cowardly and dishonest to even tell folks they were making this change, I don't doubt they'll sneak in some other poorly thought-out “fix”.

It’s only been 3 days since I dropped 3 cities, and I don’t miss them at all.

Fenix

Viceroy
@lordwasa Could you please tell us how many times can we abort the quests? Thanks.

To provide some context, for transparency purposes, we have been collecting feedback on quest abort exploits, and trying to figure out a way to tackle this. This week, we moved forward with an update that sets a limit on Quest Aborts to prevent this exploit, and the impact it has on our servers.

m.s.b.

Farmer
Thanks for the update. Looking forward to the lag fix and more details about RQ limits.

Would also just love to hear more about *how you think about* RQs (and CF). That would help calibrate my expectations for the future. I’ve invested a lot of time and thought into a fairly specific and niche approach. I’m quite ok with it become less viable, as long as I’m confident that it’s being approached thoughtfully.

Lastly, there are many who want some clarity on how you think about macro usage more generally, and whether and how you might consider curtailing abuse as time goes on. Relatedly, a number of changes are coming down the pipe that have minor UI changes with major usability implications for many players—particularly window sizing once PvP towers are removed. I’m not a fighter so I have no personal stake here, but I’m very interested in your approach to human usability more generally.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
@lordwasa Could you please tell us how many times can we abort the quests? Thanks.

To provide some context, for transparency purposes, we have been collecting feedback on quest abort exploits, and trying to figure out a way to tackle this. This week, we moved forward with an update that sets a limit on Quest Aborts to prevent this exploit, and the impact it has on our servers.

What was the source of this quote? german forum again?