• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Delay when aborting quests & killing off Questing

Playstyle solely doing RQs all day long?

Well, I have reached the end of SAAB era at my main world:
  • nothing pending to unlock at the Research Tree,
  • all Continental Map sectors / provinces have been conquered,
  • all regular quests are done, the main storyline have stopped, no more regular quests until the start of next era.
  • all special quests (those rare quests at the end of an era that give diamonds as rewards) are done. No more special quests until the end SA-Venus era.
What the game allows me to do?
  • Collecting the city? Done, just a few minutes/day.
  • Collecting incidents? Done, just a few minutes/day.
  • Daily Challenge: Many are done in a couple of minutes, others in a few hours so to be finish in a second or third game session during the day.
  • Events?: Yeah, watching the boat coming and going... coming and going... coming and going... done. Now just 1 Event quest per day... just a few minutes or if requires productions to be completed then to be done in a few hours / other game session.
  • Guild Exploration?: 64 Encounters done on the first GE day, maybe Level 1 and 2 in the morning, and Levels 3 and 4 in the evening.
  • Guild Battle Grounds?: Yes, do my part during each season.
What else can I do to keep playing? Yes, Recurring Quests all the time paired with all the above activity:
  • RQ asking for 12 battle victories in a row + RQ asking for defeat 40 units?
    • Paired with battles at GE
    • Paired with battles at GBG
    • Paired with battles at the neighborhood.
    • Paired with other random battles (Mining Asteroid Ice, Event Quests or Daily Challenges with : "Defeat this small/medium/ large army"
  • RQ asking to collect 4 incidents or Sell 4 items at the Auction Dealer?
    • Selected when Incidents are around the city.
    • Selected when items at Auctions Dealers are sold and coins/gemstones can be collected.
  • RQ asking to Spend 150 FPs, + RQ asking for Spend 200 FPs:
    • Paired with city collection filling FP bar over 100 (several times)
    • Selected when rewards from Himeji Castle, and from GBG/GE fills the FP bar over 100 FPs.
  • RQ asking to collect x Coins and Y Supplies
    • Paired with daily city collection
    • Paired with any other two RQs being worked at the time since random rewards may serve to complete the X and Y amounts required.
Since the end of SAAB it has been RQ all Day for me for the past months (and it will continue to be until the SA-Venus era is released).
Or just limit my game to just a few minutes to basically collect my city and then that is all for today?

Last edited:

NorMags

Baronet
Mods needs to know if a player's views or opinions are shared by many or just by a few. The majority must be seen.
Other way to show the wide dislike of lack of official response from Inno is to add to your profile's signature the phrase " ANWAR we miss you ".
So you did'nt read what i wrote? I repeat : If this is not reversed i will delete my Cities. Can't be much clearer than that in what i think of the delay. Btw, it must be first time any game developers have intenionally made a game slower...

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
We have heard your strong feelings about this change and we have forwarded this feedback.
This however does not mean that the change will be reverted on the short term or at all.

m.s.b.

Farmer
Hey @lordwasa, any chance we can just get more of a story? Like the specific reasons for the change, and whether alternatives were considered (e.g. removing UBQ and fighting quests), and why this is the preferred route?

Irrespective of whether the change is reverted, I think 50% of my frustration is that it's a seemingly user-hostile ghost change with a rationale that is so opaque that it's hard to interpret charitably.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
If the goal with this slowdown is to combat abuse during RQ, then apply attrition as in GBG.
The first X cancellations of the day would not change, then you add a slowdown that increases regularly as in GBG.

If the goal with this slowdown is to combat abuse during RQ, then apply attrition as in GBG

Define "combat abuse".

If I battle all my way in GE, up to the end of Level 4 (64 Battles), and this is done during the same day (usually for me in two game sessions during the 1st day of GE)... and while doing those 64 battles, I plan to have both the RQ asking for "12 battle victories in a row" + RQ asking for "defeat 40 units" active. For that I would need to cycle through the RQs (13 aborts) every 12 battles, that is 5 cycles just for the first RQ (5x13= 65 aborts) to complete the 64 battles, and for the second RQ every 5 battles (if facing just 1 wave of 8 units) or less (if facing two wave battles).

Is this considered "abuse"? Completing GE in one day and pairing it with RQs?

Last edited:

xxGuruxx

Farmer
This is by far one of the stupidest changes to a game I have seen. No one is stealing from Inno here by doing RQ. Are they using CF's to their advantage, yes. Are they stealing, no. If you are worried about the diamonds people earn from this, then nerf the diamond rewards. Slowing down the game for maybe a handful of players that are using macros or bots? I hate to tell the devs this but you can add the pause into macro and bots too, so this only hurts the regular players.

Adding lag or "delay" to an online game intentionally is a recipe to decrease play by players PERIOD.

Motivating/Polishing a neighbors buildings are still relatively vital to the overall game play. You are now making it take even longer to do something almost NO player enjoys doing. I have 78 in my guild, and say 80 friends. I would need to cycle through a minimum of 5 times or 60 RQ cancels to obtain MAYBE 175 goods? Is this the abuse you are trying to stop?

I really hope Inno take a hard look at this. A delay in the game play will only decrease the desire to play.

CrashBoom

Legend
If you are worried about the diamonds people earn from this, then nerf the diamond rewards.
diamonds are given ONCE in every recurring quests in every era
so a delay doesn't matter for that because everybody doing RQ gets those diamonds
even if he only does one cicle a day

Tanmay11

Regent
thats bull****

if RQ gets exploited change the quests

not delay them until people are so annoyed that they will stop playing

what will be next?
prevent the exploitation of having a 100% Arc and using it all day in 90% sponsoring thread
after a donation there will be a 5 minute cooldown where you can't make any donations
they've clearly become experts at annoying people and pushing unwanted changes even when there's overwhelming feedback to not do so.
i wouldn't be surprised if they come after arc next.

if RQ gets exploited change the quests
this is the correct solution to the problem.

potentional abuse of the saab fighting quests has been raised when the era came out. don't wanna do more digging here, but i also noticed concerns when it came out on live.

the unbirthday quests in lower ages need to change, because there was no chateau frontenac when they were released.

Praeceptor

Marquis
this is the correct solution to the problem.

potentional abuse of the saab fighting quests has been raised when the era came out. don't wanna do more digging here, but i also noticed concerns when it came out on live.

the unbirthday quests in lower ages need to change, because there was no chateau frontenac when they were released.
We have heard your strong feelings about this change and we have forwarded this feedback.
This however does not mean that the change will be reverted on the short term or at all.

All this trouble has been caused by Inno ignoring the great advice it receives on the beta forum. Time and again experienced players have their views dismissed and the devs carry on regardless. It's a wonder any of us bother to keep feeding back. I've deleted my Beta city once before, and it wouldn't take much for me to delete all my cities and give up on this game totally.

Owl II

Emperor
We don't know really what devs are seeking with. Maybe it's not fights уeven. It would be less noise and more constructive if they didn't do such things mutely. And would explain to the players directly what they're chasing

CrashBoom

Legend
I've just checked the stats on my main server - someone did over 5000 fights again yesterday - so that nerf worked then - NOT
what has GBG or GvG to do with quest delay ?

but maybe they should implement a fight delay of 10 seconds after each fight

CrashBoom

Legend
GbG and GvG add some fights, but if you do over 5000 a day you need plenty of RQs too
no you don't :rolleyes:

but even if someone would do 5k RQ battles
if you want to prevent that:
very simple solution: don't count quest battles in the ranking
then people will stop doing them

but that is what I already said in the past
if there are quest abuse: change the quests.
and that would be adjusting battles in quest

Last edited: