• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Changelog w/c 7th December

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
  • We have added the option to change your username ingame every 180 days

What will be the consequence with the nickname on the forums?
On the live servers, we were asked to establish a correlation between the pesudo in play and that of the forum.

This will be an awesome update for swap thread scammers. Hop, scam, kicked, hop, scam, kicked ... (180 days pass) ... change name, start all over again with new persona.

While a nice update for most players, especially for those with pre-selected random names who want to personalize their gameplay, I wish there would be some way to look at a person's name history in game.

Based on this feedback they all must be full of scammers and down to the ground.
Based on one persons feedback. Don't blow one comment out of proportion, tvm.

For me the game just feels more personal when people are not able to change their names all the time.
From my 7 year perspective it's just nice to see "common" names and faces around. See how other people developed and staying in touch even when people are not on your friends list is so much easier when the name stays as is.
One of my guild mates recently changed their name and got so many messages from people asking if they are still the same person playing or what happened yadda yadda and he got really annoyed with it.

I would suggest only one or two name changes per account.

CrashBoom

Legend
Yes that would be correct as the name will be available in the system again
sure after playing 8 years (on live) I would change my name
and then somebody else will steal my old name

there should be a history of names.
and nobody can take a name which somebody else already had
and an old name can only be taken again from the same player

All in the name of reducing support tickets?? What a bad idea.
does it really reduce tickets ?
most people know they can't change their name

how about all new tickets that will come because of somebody else changed his name

I think it will increase the amount of tickets (not knowing how many name change tickets are coming every month)

Yes. Great update. I hope I can finally use this feature on the live servers.

And cmon. Guild hoppers? Change your Guild settings if you dont like it.

I think an ignored player can chance his name so often he wont be able to write me. He will not be able to change the player ID with it.

You could certainly do it the same way as on Steam, where you can always see what the player was called earlier. That could certainly help to keep some players safe from getting caught by the wrong person.
IMG_20201209_123337.png

Last edited:

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I also would like the option to see a player name history. Or maybe an option for a private "blacklist" that updates the names according to changes (similar to the ignore list).

Limiting the number of name changes to one or two as proposed by outofthedark seems reasonable.

Limiting the amount of characters you can change would be another option - like you have to keep at least half the characters of the original name and they have to be consecutive, so at least a resemblance to the old name can be seen.

A previously used player name should not be usable by other players for a year or so.

What about a "regret option" - should a player be able to go back to his previous name before the 180 days cool down is up (thereby extending the cooldown by another 180days) or would that be up to support?

borbun=42

Farmer
I also would like the option to see a player name history. Or maybe an option for a private "blacklist" that updates the names according to changes (similar to the ignore list).

Limiting the number of name changes to one or two as proposed by outofthedark seems reasonable.

Limiting the amount of characters you can change would be another option - like you have to keep at least half the characters of the original name and they have to be consecutive, so at least a resemblance to the old name can be seen.

A previously used player name should not be usable by other players for a year or so.

What about a "regret option" - should a player be able to go back to his previous name before the 180 days cool down is up (thereby extending the cooldown by another 180days) or would that be up to support?
There will always be those who misuse their freedom, but the solution isn't to limit freedom.