• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Changelog w/c 3rd August

Thunderbummy

Marquis
So just to confirm: Devs messed up settlements, took 2 days to sort it out, during which time it was not possible to delete buildings that were no longer required thus affecting the players ability to pursue a "timed event" and we all have to suffer as a result because you refuse to adjust timers, or to finish level immediately. You guys really treat us customers with total contempt. Don't tell us "this is Beta such things happen". There was no ongoing change to settlements, it was just total carelessness on the part of the devs. Something worked ok for months and then it didn't. There was clearly a code change which was not properly tested before being released. Shameful.

urine luck

Baronet
ive not had any multiple collections of loot in this settlement, 5 days or so. bad luck or was another bug introduced?

edit- i have had multiples of goods though

Last edited:

qaccy

Emperor
So just to confirm: Devs messed up settlements, took 2 days to sort it out, during which time it was not possible to delete buildings that were no longer required thus affecting the players ability to pursue a "timed event" and we all have to suffer as a result because you refuse to adjust timers, or to finish level immediately. You guys really treat us customers with total contempt. Don't tell us "this is Beta such things happen". There was no ongoing change to settlements, it was just total carelessness on the part of the devs. Something worked ok for months and then it didn't. There was clearly a code change which was not properly tested before being released. Shameful.
Sorry, but it is just the nature of things in beta. Don't forget all the free diamonds you get as part of the beta experience, either. Pretty contemptuous of them to do that, right?

Sometimes unexpected things break with an update. Better it happens here on beta, where it's explicitly a testing environment, rather than the live servers.

urine luck

Baronet
Sorry, but it is just the nature of things in beta. Don't forget all the free diamonds you get as part of the beta experience, either. Pretty contemptuous of them to do that, right?

Sometimes unexpected things break with an update. Better it happens here on beta, where it's explicitly a testing environment, rather than the live servers.

incorrect. inno employees have stated that regardless of bugs, its the same as live servers in that we will not lose possessions. if someone buys diamonds and spent them in the settlement, this bug has "lost" that rl money that was spent.

Umbrathor

Baronet
People have lost time on the settlements, if they were pursuing timed rewards. Time is more valuable than money, I think. : )

Inno, please make sure that this particular error does not get introduced on the live servers, or not without immediately fixing it.
I think it should be the policy for any game play affecting errors that they are not introduced to live servers, or not without immediately applying the fix for it. If current protocols do not allow for this, it is time to change the protocols. Either in planning, or in how code and the subsequent fixes get introduced to both beta and the live game.

Thunderbummy

Marquis

Sorry qaccy, I have to disagree with you. This has nothing to do with test diamonds which are as much for Inno's benefit as ours. Since there was no settlement update at the time of the failure, nothing in settlements should have"broken" to use your term. The delete building function has not been an issue in the past so should not have been affected by an extraneous update. The issue is that the failure affected an activity which is strictly time controlled. Despite quick reporting, the issue, it still took 2 days to resolve. That is a sizable percentage of the total time allowed for the activity and had the potential to adversely affect the outcome for the customers. It is not unreasonable to expect a timer adjustment to be made to all players settlements clocks, or if that was just too difficult (lol) the coding already exists to complete and reset the settlement. Either of theses would have been good customer service and caused almost no extra work for the devs, most of whom are apparently otherwise engaged in very protracted discussions regarding PvP anyway. It is not a matter of compensation which I well understand is "strictly verboten" in Inno Land, it is simply that if an activity has x days allowed to complete it, then all x days should be available.

CrashBoom

Legend
so you are using the test diamonds exactly for the feature Inno gave them to you :rolleyes:
or do you use them for things you want (expansion, events more than only the amount you get for events, ...)

500 diamonds for PvP arena = buying attempts (you can't spend them on something else in the arena)

1000 diamonds settlement release = using them at the start of the settlement
if you haven't used them all on the settlement you still have "settlement test diamonds" left

qaccy

Emperor
It is not a matter of compensation which I well understand is "strictly verboten" in Inno Land, it is simply that if an activity has x days allowed to complete it, then all x days should be available.
Again, you're expecting the beta server to be held to the same 'standard of play', if it can be called that, as a live server, which is an unrealistic expectation given the nature of this server being for testing, as a buffer to prevent issues like this from ever reaching the live servers.

And again #2, sometimes stuff just breaks even if it doesn't make sense on the surface. It's possible (maybe even likely) that this sort of thing happens all the time, and Inno just usually catches it and fixes it before the update goes out to players.

CrashBoom

Legend
sometimes stuff just breaks even if it doesn't make sense on the surface.
like old settlements getting a bug
not because there is work done on the old settlement

but there is work done on the next settlement

so it can't be said there is nothing changed in settlements
because with no changes there couldn't be the next settlement

with that in mind soon there will be diamonds for the settlements testing ;)

Thunderbummy

Marquis
Irrespective of new settlements or changes to existing settlements, if Inno mess up, they should adjust accordingly. It is just basic customer care. What I object to ever more, is the total arrogance and contempt that Inno show to both testers here and paying customers on the live servers. So much so, that I have started to dismantle my live server worlds which is where I used to spend real money. The current PvP debacle is indicative of the companies view of the future and it is not for me!