• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Changelog w/c 24th May

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
Please leave any feedback for this week's daily changelogs here.
You can find all the details here.
Please report any bugs in our bug section here.

• Match up in Guild Battleground within the same league will be random rather than on guild id
You might want to change this to "when having the same amount of LP" instead of "within the same league".

Is the randomization a quick solution for now? Will the issue be looked into some more?

Sibel

Merchant
You might want to change this to "when having the same amount of LP" instead of "within the same league".

Is the randomization a quick solution for now? Will the issue be looked into some more?

No, I think "within the same league" is correct. Sorting on basis of the same amount of LP will result in predictable groups.

Julian24

Viceroy
No, I think "within the same league" is correct. Sorting on basis of the same amount of LP will result in predictable groups.
No, @outofthedark is right. The current wording would imply, that now all guilds within the same league are now completely random, so guilds with 1000 and with 901 LP can match. This is probably not the case.

It currently is and always has been (I've been keeping track) like this: the guilds with the same amount of LP are matched together if there is enough of them.

I was able to predict groups like this in the past except for when there was a draw. Then something seemed to have changed and I have been able to predict all groups ever since, because when there was a tie, guilds were sorted by ID.

On de3 we have almost 60 guilds on 1000 LP, so there is nothing to predict when randomizing.

Owl II

Emperor
We are on 1.206 on Beta currently, so it should come with that update.
GBG season is now in full swing on the beta version. The next season won't be over by the time the live servers gets v. 1.206. In this case, we are not talking about testing. We will get the new matchmacing system as is

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
We have no confirmation on when this change will go live on the live markets.
It might be with 1.206 but could also be later if devs want to test/see the results on Beta before it goes live on the live markets.

Yekk

Viceroy
Will MMR stacking still play in? 1K guilds all together? Under 1K but over 900 together? Or all randomized?

Owl II

Emperor
In fact, sorting by ID is only one problem. This is important, but not the most important thing. The bigger problem is Diamond league has ballooned to incredible size. The spread in guild power is huge. No matter how you sort them, you can't avoid problems. But at least we're not doomed to be locked forever with the same rivals

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
Regarding the way the matchmaking appears to be happening in diamond atm (with tiebreaker being by id#), could you seek the answer to a few questions?
- 1) Was this an intentional change? Things seemed random early on - just the last few months seem to have these semi-static seedings. Perhaps sorting guilds by creation date (which id# is a proxy for) was intended to be nicer to newer guilds?
- 2) Should this be expected to continue for the foreseeable future? Given that this leads to predictability in terms of how you're matched up, decisions might want to be made about a guild to make the best of their situation with their current id#.
@lordwasa Can you please check if the change is random per league or random when guilds have the same LP? TVM
The league is sorted on League Points first and if guilds have the same ammount of League Points it is random sorting.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
  • The location on your continental map changes after using manual battle in exploration sites. This has now been fixed.
Unfortunately it's not. After completing a battle on the Asteroid belt exploration side, I'm slung to
my current campaign on Venus.