• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Changelog w/c 1st August

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
Please leave any feedback for this week's daily changelogs here.
You can find all the details here.
Please report any bugs in our bug section here.

• Search by Great Buildings in the Global Ranking did not show all Great Buildings.
Still only shows the top 100 ranked (by level) Great Buildings.

Yekk

Viceroy
Well the Update did not happen yet. So it is not surprising, that it is not fixed currently. :p

Update is out and yes the GB search function is still busted...looks like they expanded the parameters a bit to cover more GB's is all.

The beta really does not need a fanboy slowing the discussion.

Yekk

Viceroy
The example I used a few pages ago was the Lighthouse GB. Looks like the new search code shows GB's over level 90...

There is two problems with this.
First; on some worlds there is zero Lighthouses over 90 so the search function still brings back nothing.

Second; no one cares about the top 100 GB's. They will always be in a private 190 thread or shutdown on leveling by their owner. The sprints request on most servers was a search function to help find plans... That would be GB's is their sweet spot or slightly lower.

Yekk

Viceroy
Why in heck did the beta not get this, the GB search fix, first? THAT IS WHAT THE BETA IS FOR.... The beta does not get the same updates as live does on purpose.

Our, the beta crew, job is to make sure such bugs do not make it to live... I am confused as to what Inno looks at the beta as doing right now???

It is not like we did not report this booboo...

@lordwasa : Wednesday daily update : "Search by Great Buildings in the Global Ranking did not show all Great Buildings. "

It's still not Ok ! o_Oo_Oo_O

If i choose "Space Needle" there is more or less 85 GB on this server, if i search "Needle" i only found one GB level 25...
If i choose "Galata" there is more or less 4500 GB Galata on this server, i only found 6 Galata level 100 with search
I choose "The Arc" => 7 pages = 63 GB Arc shown i.e. from max to level 124, i go to page 7 then go back to page 6... the filter is gone, i see GB rank 51 to 60 on page 6.
I choose "Dresden", only found 3 GB level 80

Problem 1 : Search on GB only show max 100 first GB if level > 100 else only show GBs with the best level (as level 80 for Dresden)
Problem 2 : Move by page don't work, we loose the selection when we parse the list.

Same player shoot again

Yekk

Viceroy
AGAIN... change the parameters for levels from top 100 level 90 and over to a random 100 level 20-60. Then the players will love you. The coding is easy....

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
That would eat to much bandwidth for to little gained in my opinion.

Well I mean they handle this in the previous ranking windows by gathering 50 (5 pages) at a time. Then when you flip to page 6 it retrieves a new search of results 51-100, then on page 11 101-150, etc. Thus not sending a full list of thousands of entries unnecessarily at any point in time.

Yekk

Viceroy
Well I mean they handle this in the previous ranking windows by gathering 50 (5 pages) at a time. Then when you flip to page 6 it retrieves a new search of results 51-100, then on page 11 101-150, etc. Thus not sending a full list of thousands of entries unnecessarily at any point in time.

It would be awesome if that could be made to happen but there are 42 different GB's now in the game. Makes for a lot to compile in real time. Above my pay grade so I just suggested a solution.

That would eat to much bandwidth for to little gained in my opinion.
Which eats more bandwidth:

a) Searching for a specific great building and have all of them pop up as @xivarmy showed the system currently does for general searches, or

b) Searching page by page through the general great building until you find what you are looking for, potentially going through thousands of search pages?

I've done "b" before, usually when a new great building is introduced and I am looking to see who (if anyone) has built it yet so I can get prints. I can guarantee you that "a" would have saved many thousands of pages of searching, saving Inno bandwidth and me time.

Yekk

Viceroy
Which eats more bandwidth:

a) Searching for a specific great building and have all of them pop up as @xivarmy showed the system currently does for general searches, or

b) Searching page by page through the general great building until you find what you are looking for, potentially going through thousands of search pages?

I've done "b" before, usually when a new great building is introduced and I am looking to see who (if anyone) has built it yet so I can get prints. I can guarantee you that "a" would have saved many thousands of pages of searching, saving Inno bandwidth and me time.

Personally I just used foestats gb finder in the past. It is not real time though which does not bother me at all. I would be happy with a similar system in game with less bells and whistles.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It would be awesome if that could be made to happen but there are 42 different GB's now in the game. Makes for a lot to compile in real time. Above my pay grade so I just suggested a solution.

There's so many ways to go about it.

The cleanest would be changes to the database itself to add indexing so searching by Great Building is also fast. But messing with your database is no laughing matter and perhaps they lack the expertise on staff still to do so confidently.

What they appear to have done is hacked on a limited search with factors that were already indexed to make the not-indexed (and thus slow) searching by great building faster by looking at less entries. (i.e. by adding a & lvl >= 80 it only has to do the slow search across 7300 GBs instead of 177000 GBs (25 times less))

A better hack might be to take advantage that there's *only* 42 GBs in the game and just keep a local cached search for each of them on the server. The search might be 30 minutes or an hour old but that wouldn't make it any less useful really. That could then be fed to the client 5 pages at a time like other rankings.