• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Daily Changelog w/c 15th November

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Please leave any feedback for this week's daily changelogs here.
You can find all the details here.

Please report any bugs in our bug section here.

podkap1970

Emperor
can you please fix the really bad game performance (by fighting GBG on PC as example)

or is this the new feature to slow down cheaters?

how can someone enjoy this game with this current state of the game please?

Edit: it is an insult and an imposition to play this game right now

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
Any news regarding the heal all button debate solutions, the devs said to discuss with each other for picking the best? I've seen much more complex things getting processed by them many times quicker than this... so, any chance they'll turning their words in visible action regarding the heal all button debate solutions?

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Nothing I can promise, but the chance is high, that I can share something with you this or next week.
This is on a "need to know" basis and we need to know!
I said, that I can share some information with you. Sorry that it took longer than expected. The following text will cover multiple things you raised in the past. The situation is currently like this:

Firstly, we have put a lot of resources and development time into fixing technical issues in recent times.

In terms of GBG performance, we are actively putting resources trying to fix the guild battlegrounds performance issue. We have tried to fix it throughout the last couple of months, but it has proved challenging.

Unfortunately, there continues to be no easy fix, and we are continuing to work on a solution to this matter.

In terms of heal all, we are also investigating solutions there a well, but with Guild Battlegrounds performance taking priority, it is also not something we can give certainty currently on an immediate solution. However, it is on our agenda, and something we are investigating solutions towards.

Lastly, the requested balancing changes for GBG update, are something we can definitely consider for 2022, especially following response to this update in 2021.

In terms of the feedback, please also let us know how the current balancing causes frustration, and which desired balancing changes you would like in the feedback thread here.

Matteozzzo

Steward
In terms of heal all, we are also investigating solutions there a well, but with Guild Battlegrounds performance taking priority, it is also not something we can give certainty currently on an immediate solution. However, it is on our agenda, and something we are investigating solutions towards.

Come on! It takes only a couple of minutes to just remove that hideous 'Heal all' button that nobody wants.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
So, stop adding silly changes to the game and just fix all the issues.
You know: more changes are likely to raise more issues.
Please note that you cannot just stop the entire development process just to fix bugs. There is a roadmap, which already had some things removed so we could focus on fixing issues. Most issues get fixed very quickly, but some, like the GBG performance issues, are very hard to solve, so they take longer. We already allocated way more resources to fixing these issues.
Features like the current Guild Perks were planned a long time ago and already in development for a long time. So they were a part of the game for quite a long time already, even when not accessible yet.
Also in almost every update there are important security updates (we do not announce for obvious reasons), that have to be done. Completely stopping development is not an option.

Thanks @Juber, I get it that you're the messenger here. However, there are some pretty smart people on this Forum. At the risk of oversimplification I'll suggest that there are only 4 possible "solutions". (1) do nothing, leave the heal all button exactly where it is, (2) leave it where it is and provide players with the ability to disable it, (3) remove the heal all button entirely, or (4) move it to a less intrusive position on the UI. I'm not a programmer so I don't know how difficult any of these options would be to implement but it's clear to me that "investigating solutions" is, after all this time, nothing more than stalling. Thanks for trying.

Matteozzzo

Steward
Please note that you cannot just stop the entire development process just to fix bugs. There is a roadmap, which already had some things removed so we could focus on fixing issues. Most issues get fixed very quickly, but some, like the GBG performance issues, are very hard to solve, so they take longer. We already allocated way more resources to fixing these issues.
Features like the current Guild Perks were planned a long time ago and already in development for a long time. So they were a part of the game for quite a long time already, even when not accessible yet.
Also in almost every update there are important security updates (we do not announce for obvious reasons), that have to be done. Completely stopping development is not an option.

I didn't mean devs should stop the entire development process.
I just suggest they stop adding silly and useless features like the Event Hub, the Heal All, and so on.
There have been nice changes (the Castle System for example, and potentially the Guild Perks if they are better implemented).
But telling us that devs don't have time to fix the Heal All button because there are other priorities really seems to be fooling us.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Thanks @Juber, I get it that you're the messenger here. However, there are some pretty smart people on this Forum. At the risk of oversimplification I'll suggest that there are only 4 possible "solutions". (1) do nothing, leave the heal all button exactly where it is, (2) leave it where it is and provide players with the ability to disable it, (3) remove the heal all button entirely, or (4) move it to a less intrusive position on the UI. I'm not a programmer so I don't know how difficult any of these options would be to implement but it's clear to me that "investigating solutions" is, after all this time, nothing more than stalling. Thanks for trying.
I believe, that option 4 is the one, that is currently considered, but nothing official here.

I didn't mean devs should stop the entire development process.
I just suggest they stop adding silly and useless features like the Event Hub, the Heal All, and so on.
There have been nice changes (the Castle System for example, and potentially the Guild Perks if they are better implemented).
But telling us that devs don't have time to fix the Heal All button because there are other priorities really seems to be fooling us.
Well, the Event-Hub was introduced with the Soccer Event, which is already a while back, more than the gbg performance issues. And I can't think of any bugs (except GvG related ones), that are left from that time.
The Heal All button was added of a part to align the app with the browser (in this case a feature from the app was introduced to the browser version). I know it may sound not true, but there are many players, that use this button. I know that, because there are some times support requests related to it, where players wanted to use it, but could not. So it makes sense to also introduce it to the browser version.
The devs know, that the current implementation has issues, for some even major ones, but the gbg performance issues are higher priority, than the heal all button currently. So we will probably see changes, when the gbg issue is fixed.
I am sorry, that it takes so long and takes longer, than I and the developers have thought. :(

Owl II

Emperor
The Heal All button was added of a part to align the app with the browser (in this case a feature from the app was introduced to the browser version). I know it may sound not true, but there are many players, that use this button. I know that, because there are some times support requests related to it, where players wanted to use it, but could not. So it makes sense to also introduce it to the browser version.
Please consider adding logs of donations to the treasury to the mobile app. This is the only thing (apart from a little trouble called GVG) that exists in the browser version and not exist in the mobile version.

iPenguinPat

Squire
And I can't think of any bugs (except GvG related ones), that are left from that time
Gbg sector progress remaining even after losing all adjacent sectors is still a minor big that exists from well before then.

It can have major impact on gbg maps during competitive seasons. As in, it can completely swing the control of the map in some situations.

Juber

Overlord
Community Manager
Gbg sector progress remaining even after losing all adjacent sectors is still a minor big that exists from well before then.

It can have major impact on gbg maps during competitive seasons. As in, it can completely swing the control of the map in some situations.
Oh yeah, forgot that one, because it did not happen to me in some time ^^
But for this one I can say, that it is quite a complex issue to fix (interactions happen at the same time, which leads to this problem, but not always), so it currently has a very low priority. At least it is something, that can happen to every guild, so every one can profit from this bug. (Maybe say it is a feature, that you have a very small chance, that you don't lose all your progress? :p )

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Firstly, we have put a lot of resources and development time into fixing technical issues in recent times.

In terms of GBG performance, we are actively putting resources trying to fix the guild battlegrounds performance issue. We have tried to fix it throughout the last couple of months, but it has proved challenging.

Unfortunately, there continues to be no easy fix, and we are continuing to work on a solution to this matter.
If it takes that long to solve the problems and you also have to follow a schedule of charges, inno don't be hypocritical by giving all communities the opportunity to make suggestions.
Apparently you don't have enough time to meet our expectations. This will avoid a lot of frustration and it will be more "honest" on the part of inno!
Again, I'm not aiming at you Juber, you're just the communicating messenger, I'm aiming for the tip of the iceberg.

Sibel

Merchant
As far as I remember, I suggested a workaround which would eliminate the problem in most cases. But checking for consistancy during reset, and removing flags which cannot be there, seems to be to complicated for the programmers.

@Juber
- When something is wrong ("hell all" button) you remove it first, and correct/reload it when all is ok. That is named "revert" in good programing teams
- Fixing critical/major bugs is first priority in good programing teams. Evolution could be delayed (especially if it is not expected by players)

I manage projects for 20 years and never see a team of "Pieds nickelés" like yours. It's worse than amateurism.

Last edited:

iPenguinPat

Squire
Oh yeah, forgot that one, because it did not happen to me in some time ^^
But for this one I can say, that it is quite a complex issue to fix (interactions happen at the same time, which leads to this problem, but not always), so it currently has a very low priority. At least it is something, that can happen to every guild, so every one can profit from this bug. (Maybe say it is a feature, that you have a very small chance, that you don't lose all your progress? :p )
Appreciate the candid response. Personally, I think priorities are out of whack, and fixing some of these things should be higher on the priority list then adding more features that no one requested.

But at least we can reframe it like you did knowing it's not going anywhere.

Owl II

Emperor
The longer they are "solve problems" with GBG, the more bugs appear there. I was horrified after half an hour of playing in the mobile version yesterday. The fight indicator is not updated in real time - I have lost a province. Visually, the province is under lock, although the blocking time has already expired. But you won't see it until you enter it. It just gets scary to play.

Maybe you will postpone the final GBG breakdown in your calendar and at least remove this damn button?

Last edited: