• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Daily Challenge time change bug [44288]

DeletedUser8404

Earlier today (maybe 12 hours ago), I discovered the option to change the start time of my Daily Challenge and did so. It turned out to be a challenge I couldn't do, so I just left it. Later in the day, I discovered that it had switched to being completed and I'd gotten credit for it. I thought that was very odd, but figured maybe there was something I'd done that had triggered the conditions, despite the fact that I thought they weren't something I could do. (If I recall, it was asking for battle wins, and I'm usually a non-combatant.) I thought it was odd, and figured I'd keep an eye out to see if I could trigger that again.

Just now, I logged in to do my nightly run, and lo-and-behold, I've got a Daily Challenge available once again, even though I shouldn't have gotten one for another 6 hours. Also, I've lost the mistaken credit that I got earlier. It's obviously respecting my new start time, though, because I've got a whole 6 hours to complete the new challenge instead of the expected 24! (It's gonna cost me a bunch of Tavern Silver to get three boosts in before bed, cuz the first two will have to be useless GE turn boosts, but I think I can actually do it.)

So...yeah...this sounds like a great new feature, but at least the transition period still seems to need some work. I'll report back if I have similar issues tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser8408

I am confirming that I had the same issue this morning. I reset the challenge yesterday after I completed it, so that it would start at 14:00 ST. This morning when I logged on I had a new challenge available, which I selected without thinking about it, only to find that I have only 20 minutes to complete it. I had, however, completed the challenge from the day before and received the appropriate award. Unfortunately, I didn't realize the timing issue until I had already completed most of the quest; but most likely not able to finish it in time (unless a few more taverns open up). The other concern is that this particular challenge may have been the one to give me finally a full set of 7.

Update: The Challenge did reset at the time I intended; but it also counted the other mission as a loss, so I went from 6/7 to 5/7 completed with the reset.

Last edited by a moderator:

podkap1970

Emperor
i changed the starter time an hour earlier, so instead of 8 am to 7 am server time (after i have completed the challenge yesterday)
today i did open the challenge tab, and i got no new mission, but a counter 23 h 55 min to go for next challenge
my challenge counter did stay at 1/7,
lets see what will happen tomorrow :)

DeletedUser8484

The daily challenge should use the same timer as the City Hall Daily bonus - having a separate control doesn't add anything but confusion and bug opportunities?

DeletedUser8404

@podkap1970: That sounds like what I assume is the intended behaviour. They wouldn't want to give people an advantage by letting them constantly set their start time earlier every time they finished a quest. So, naturally, you have to wait for the first time a quest starts after the current one has completed. Going only one hour earlier is kind of the worst possibility, because you'd lose out on 23 hours of gameplay.

I'll be looking forward to seeing what you get tomorrow, though. They haven't said the bug is fixed, but it might be.

DeletedUser8404

The daily challenge should use the same timer as the City Hall Daily bonus - having a separate control doesn't add anything but confusion and bug opportunities?
I don't think that's such a good idea. Not everyone collects their Town Hall first thing in the day, plus it'll tend to drift forward over time, where the Daily Challenge always starts at the same time.

DeletedUser8404

Mine's been normal after the first day as well, though I haven't tried changing my time again, so it's possible that that's what's triggering the problem.

DeletedUser8461

The problem was indeed with changing the timer, and it should be working as expected now.

DeletedUser8523

olhe, o Dayle Challenge estava ótimo no inicio, dando bons prêmios e as missões para quem estava no inicio não eram tão dificeis, esse lance para doações ao tesouro e completar missões nas expedições negociando quando voce tem tão poucas mercadorias é muito dificil de completar e quando se completa só recebe 10 pontos de forges no final, e pelo visto acabaram os bons prêmios, isso é uma grande sacanagem. Podiam rever isso não é galera?

look, the Dayle Challenge was great at the beginning, giving good prizes and the missions for those who were in the beginning were not so difficult, this bid for donations to the treasure and completing missions in the expeditions negotiating when you have so few goods is very difficult to complete and when it completes it only receives 10 points of forges in the end, and the finished good prizes apparently, this is a great sucanagem. Could you review this, are not you guys?
I do not know if translating right, I used google translate