• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected Daily Challenge - exclude FriendsTavern

Status
Not open for further replies.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Reason
feel that the missions one should perform to attain any goal of the daily challenge should be dependent on the player's own activity.

It should not be dependent on other players.
Details
I love the daily challenge, except when it includes a mission I cannot influence/control, such as:

the amount of silver I must collect from my Friends Tavern. It is something no player can control.
Balance
It wil acquire to remove collecting tavern silver from the daily challenge as an objective.
Abuse Prevention
No cheating is possible imho.
Summary
cannot think of any.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
Yes and no did not find any similar
I love the daily challenge, except when it includes a mission I cannot influence/control, such as:
the amount of silver I must collect from my Friends Tavern. It is something no player can control.

Sometimes the requirement is up to 4000 silver... :rolleyes:

I feel that the missions one should perform to attain any goal of the daily challenge should be dependent on the player's own activity.
It should not be dependent on other players.

Therefore my suggestion is:
remove
all objectives in the Daily Challenge that can NOT be controlled by an individual player.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
It is in your control to have a list of friends who aid you and visit your Tavern...

Sure, in the first couple weeks, with barely any game knowledge and no fully upgraded Tavern, a challenge for 4k Tavern silver is close to impossible, but especially since they changed the invite limit to 140 such task are no problem at all anymore... I never failed a DC because of a collect Tavern silver task.

Thunderdome

Emperor
And only 16 chairs max, you have to be there to clean out your tavern to collect more within a day. Notwithstanding, you have to have friends that have their taverns with some space for you to get lucky and get some silver for sitting in.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The switch-out in the partially-released daily challenge revamp does a lot to help with this. If you have a few tasks that you personally just will not complete due to playstyle, you can usually get rid of them when they come up now. Some people use them for production tasks, you might use them for tavern tasks.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Let's not forget two things:
- the challenges should not be achievable without difficulty.
- a list of friends must be worked on.

It is so easy to accept 140 friends, to realize that more than 100 are inactive or intermittent and then to complain.

Every day I waste 5 to 10 minutes to visit the taverns of my friends and motivate them and every weekend I take stock of my friends who are not doing the same. With only 100 SELECTED friends, I empty my tavern 6 times a day.
Quality is more important than quantity.

Last edited:

Ironrooster

Baronet
I don't worry overmuch about the Daily Challenge. Most of the time I can do it, but sometimes I cannot.

But as others have noted, that's on me to cull my friends list. I don't do that very often nor do I always keep my tavern collected often enough to always have available seats. But I'm okay with missing a few DC's

What I really want is all my event buildings aided/motivated and that does happen. I also aid everyone I can once a day. I also visit every tavern available when I aid my friends list.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
I feel that some of you misunderstood my point:
It is not about missions being difficult to achieve,
it is about being able to achieve them yourself (however difficult) without being dependent on other players.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
I feel that YOU misunderstood my point:
In order not to depend directly on other players, you have to do selective work beforehand.
Because having 100 visits to your tavern in 24 hours is very easy once you have been interested in it for days, weeks, months in advance!

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I feel that some of you misunderstood my point:
It is not about missions being difficult to achieve,
it is about being able to achieve them yourself (however difficult) without being dependent on other players.
No we got your point - you want to be able to clear challenges even on diamond worlds where you do not care for friends and do not have many tavern visits... thus make the game easier.

Our point is: if you have enough active friends those tasks are no problem unless you are not active enough (clearing your tavern), because there will be no problem with all of your friends stopping to visit your tavern all of a sudden. And having a list of active friends is well in your hand.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
No we got your point - you want to be able to clear challenges even on diamond worlds where you do not care for friends and do not have many tavern visits... thus make the game easier.

Our point is: if you have enough active friends those tasks are no problem unless you are not active enough (clearing your tavern), because there will be no problem with all of your friends stopping to visit your tavern all of a sudden. And having a list of active friends is well in your hand.

That is not the case at all:
1 - I do NOT maintain any diamond worlds.
2 - Only here on Beta I hardly play, I mainly check in here to see what is in store for the live worlds.
3 - I play 2 live worlds very actively: There I am online for about 8-12 hours per day, depending om my IRL schedule.
Also: there I ofc maintain active friend lists!
However, e.g. 4000 tavern silver is (nearly) impossible to achieve - this because I cannot influence the outcome myself.

I do not mind a difficult mission:
I just do not like the fact that a given mission should be beyond my reach to complete as an active player, due to the fact I have to rely on other players activity during a certain day.

BUT: So far the poll is clear that the majority here does not feel the same way:
as much as I disagree I do respect other opinions!

So I guess this topic can be closed;)

Finkadel

Marquis
with less than 100 friends, I empty my tavern 5 times a day with all chairs occupied, i.e. 5 x 1,232 = 6,160 tavern coins EVERY DAY!
Though, to be honest, there is still fair amount of players who play on PC strictly. They log in afternoon or even evening, for 1-2 hours, they empty they tavern and then what? I know I don't crave for empty friend's tavern, if it fits, I sits, if not, I try another day...

And even those who play on mobile but cannot login during work, lose a lot of tavern's currency, no matter how full is their friend's bar.

So a lady has a point.

BigCountry

Farmer
It is difficult to vote here, because to visit 10 - 30 Taverns is okay & to earn up to 1000 Tavern Silver is also okay. I think everyone should be able to have a friendlist with about 100 Player with at least 60-70% active players... - so this task (30taverns, 1000 silver) is doable.

I had already a challenge to visit 60 Taverns, this is not okay. As you can visit only one time in 24 h this makes really a dependance from other players.
And 4000 table silver I think it is also too much.

But the available answers do not formulate this clearly ...
So I cannot vote for one or the other answer...

I must say for me, the challenge I hate the most is always, when it includes to conquer sections on the card of continents. Because you should be go through there slowly - and not because of this challenges...
Always when a daily challenge includes a task with the contninent map, then I refuse & skip this task and challenge

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
Always when a daily challenge includes a task with the contninent map, then I refuse & skip this task and challenge
Because you haven't been looking for the right information. It's been at least 3 years that I no longer have this kind of quests while being in FUTURE.

DEADP00L

Emperor
Perk Creator
If not going back to this suggestion, remember that FOE is a community game and not a solitaire.
By removing quests that require interaction with your friends, neighbors or guild members, we will lose interest in playing together.
What's the point of playing on a network if it's to play alone in your corner?

ArklurBeta

Baronet
If not going back to this suggestion, remember that FOE is a community game and not a solitaire.
By removing quests that require interaction with your friends, neighbors or guild members, we will lose interest in playing together.

Although (and probably I've wrote it already?...) I agree it's doable to do this quest, it's a *little bit* exaggerating to say "we will lose interest in playing together." just because 1 thing that's related to interacting with other players would be removed (or adjusted).

Last edited:

Thunderdome

Emperor
HEY! I play by myself, sometimes, on certain games that would require a multiplayer online play. Some of us just have our own fancies.

Aside from that, I had to remove a lot of dead weight (thanks to Inno's online time feature) that my list went from 70 to just 25 that are active (and it will go down further since some I had added upon their request had been in hiding since that first day). While some event quests that call for a tavern visit or silver can take about 2 days (if I am lucky to slip in and sit, and hopefully they will empty so I can go in again), dailies that call for such would be impossible unless you get real lucky and collect the max amount of tavern silver from a visit and be proactive to join once a tavern seat is open (and be lucky to get tavern silver), to which I somehow do get lucky at times.

However, to the lady's question, they should have (should fix if they broke it) an option where a player can skip a task and get a new one in its place. A player can feel at ease in getting a new one they can complete on, unless malice was in play and that random new quest winds up to be the one he/she just clicked skip/change on.

Status
Not open for further replies.