• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements Update - The Mughal Empire has been selected

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
I wish finished the Aztecs before the Mughal arrive in live servers, but just today i finished the Egypt Settlement , I wanna finish the Aztecs for back the egypt and finished my second buildings for give 6% de defense for attack army. Someone have any advice about the aztecs for complete more fast? I started in one hour ago

Unlock the minigame as fast as you can. You can run 3 vegetable gardens for 4 hours to unlock shrines. And then 1 vegetable garden + 4 shrines til you unlock the Aviary and the minigame. Alternatively if you want to throw diamonds at speeding things up you can cutoff the first ~1 day's work and unlock the aviary immediately by just building a bunch of decos and spending 225 diamonds for the vegetables. This is most impactful on your first runs when your x4 bonus is low. The Aztec minigame does not benefit from the x4 bonus so while it's worth ~1 free goods building on your first playthrough, it'll be more like 0.5 goods buildings on later runs and the chance of catching a x4 on a goods building and unlocking it all sooner anyways is also higher.

Keep roads to a minimum at the start, beans are a seriously scarce commodity starting out (5-6 road tiles is ok in general for day 1/2).

Other than that standard non-egypt settlement crap. Buy the cheap expansions, remodel regularly for more efficient buildings.

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
The new settlement is currently still in development.
At this moment of time there is no more information available about the start date of this settlement or the details of this settlement.
With the announcement we wanted to give our players an insight and sneak peek of the settlement that we have selected based on your input.

aim83

Merchant
Poor Inno...cant win....

So...Inno had asked community which settlements they would like...

Community responded...

Inno comes back and says ....Hey Y'all...we picked Mogul Empire .

That's it folks....

They may take a year or whatever to finish the thing....

In the meantime y'all keep asking Inno what's up the community sprint....

Again....they cant tell us now..cauze it is probably still in concept/design/dev... sometimes what they think they can do ....may not happen....so they cant tell us now....cauze if they say it...and dont deliver it ...it wont be good.
All you said above is very pathetic and miserable.

Read carefully:

The new settlement is currently still in development.
At this moment of time there is no more information available about the start date of this settlement or the details of this settlement.
With the announcement we wanted to give our players an insight and sneak peek of the settlement that we have selected based on your input.

As I'm doing my final aztecs, I'm mostly wondering about the price buildings and the settlement /game/ mechanics. Will it be another fighter? Trader? Something new?

Julian24

Viceroy
Very deceptive communication, announcements followed by... NOTHING !!!
This is new how exactly? Poor communication and silence from the company are the norms at this point.
What should they communicate? That they have not started development or what? We don't have any ingame files pointing to the settlement, so they probably did not even start yet.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
@esoterism they have graphics for certain buildings ready but we don't no if
they have the background ready. It's likely that they're still working on the
mechanics, tweaking it, fixing bugs, etc. we have no idea of and will never
see. It's not like it's just making some cool drawings and it'll be magically
working as intended.
Usually in game development, as far I understand, it starts with an idea/concept
that concept will be flashed out and an detailed plan will be made and drawings.
From those concept drawings the best are chosen and improved until it's meeting
the requirements. Than they must write the codes for the mechanics for the
game, testing if it's working as intended, fixing unforeseen bugs, tweaking the
mechanics, balancing it out, etc. after all of that work is finally completed behind
the scenes, probs in the case of FoE, they'll release it on the open Beta server
for player test trials. Trying to finding unforeseen bugs and asking what the Beta
players feeling about the feature. Implementing further tweaks if needed, fixing
some more bugs, etc.
Making a long story short, there's a whole lot of work behind the scenes we don't
know about. It can take a long time before it's ready for Beta release for public
testing fase. Which is a very late part of development.

It's more like, why bother releasing images/information on the next settlement and literally saying nothing for months? Why not release the information in a timed manner where there isn't a huge period of down time in between? Its a bad buisness model because people become disinterested quickly.

Julian24

Viceroy
It's more like, why bother releasing images/information on the next settlement and literally saying nothing for months? Why not release the information in a timed manner where there isn't a huge period of down time in between? Its a bad buisness model because people become disinterested quickly.
It is bad to provide pre development information? I am happy about every piece of information I can get. I am very happy, that Inno decided to do this, even though we still have to wait.

It is bad to provide pre development information? I am happy about every piece of information I can get. I am very happy, that Inno decided to do this, even though we still have to wait.
It'd be better if they planned it out where there was perhaps a monthly update, even if they don't actually have any concrete information they could probably go into what inspired them to do it or what real life places the buildings are based on. When you set a schedule, you retain interest. It just seems like "welp we got some images lets release them" with no planning at all even though the spoilers forum does this perfectly and generates more information than we've been given.

Chained decos? What a crazy idea!

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
We have asked your input on this matter and have chosen one of the community's settlement themes for the new settlement and informed you about that choice with a sneakpeek.

Unfortunately settlements don't grow on trees and need to be fully developed before release.
So yes, it may take a while before it's ready to be tested on Beta but it is being worked on actively ever since.