• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Mughal Empire

I feel like the game became just hunt to get as much % for Attack/Defence for attacking army as you can. I think this building is really good for early/mid game and not every single new building has to have Attacking army bonus guys.

You can only blame Inno for that. GB for 11 days, only 3 days off... tens of thousands of forgepoints and goods... and you wonder why people going after attack? :)

-Alin-

Emperor
GBG devalued many buildings in the foe. I am in favor of GBG being removed, but then there will be a lot of whining.

No, no need to be removed the GbG, just decrease the camps/watchtowers boost, from 24 to 18-20 and from 8 to 4-6, swaps will be more valuable then and hard to do.

Owl II

Emperor
so everyone can abort their current running settlement without asking the support to remove 24 hour waiting time
Really? But not everyone can cope with that the timer in buildings with chain mechanics is feverish for unknown reasons in their main city

rebel129

Farmer
You can only blame Inno for that. GB for 11 days, only 3 days off... tens of thousands of forgepoints and goods... and you wonder why people going after attack? :)
Sure. I never said I don't understand why people want as much % as they can get. And I would love to see some change to GBs like longer breaks or something. Maybe after that it would actually be worth it to build more FP production buildings to compensate for the offtime when GBs are not running. But I agree with that GBs are breaking this balance like crazy and you are not rewarded at all for building some sort of "economic" (meaning FP and goods production buildings) in your city. Just buildings to boost your attacking army. (In my city I'm also building only buildings to get my attacking army bonuses higher so I'm no different I'm just saying I don't really like that this became a standard and nothing else matters)

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
I understand the reasons but I wonder if the need to defeat everything and everyone can replace the beautiful view of a city where there are multiple tasks to perform.
Honestly I'm developing a mainly combat oriented city but it grows and evolves into a more
balanced city between attack % and production. After Summer Event 21 I'm planning to
reorganise the city with a eye on specifically themed districts and trying to achieve some
beautiful looking city mixed with some regular buildings.
My needs in the attacking part of the game is creeping towards satisfaction. Where it is
good enough for me.

Anyways back to feedback. Basing off the announcement my first impression is that it'll
be a decant settlement with probably very interesting graphics. The implementation of
chain & set ability is something completely unique but I'm unsure how it'll be playing
out.
The main reward looks interesting and considering that it is a 1x deal only, it's suppose
to be fairly efficient in whatever it specifically offers. Vikings where Attack, Japanese
goods, Egyptians units and Aztecs defence for attacking armies. I don't have much
trouble with a high fp yielding building in this line and it defiantly makes it appealing
for going through the struggles of roughly 6 months work. It'll probs looking also
well into my main city. Looking forward for giving this settlement a shot.

aim83

Merchant
Nobody cares about FP anymore... you can have millions of FPs from Guild battlegrounds. This settlement gives nothing that would help you there and FP are like the only small incentive to even bother with Mughal... and you want them to nerf it? Great job...
Lots of players don't care about Guild Battlegrounds, bcause it's unbalanced in terms of matching strong and weak guild together most of the time. So lots of players do not get tons of FPs. They do not care much about attack either.

Legendary Kata

Merchant
As for the challenge, I am interested in how organizing the settlement goes in favour of the difficulty of the settlement. It will definitely be interesting to test these out.

As for rewards, I don't find them awful but that does not mean I am not disappointed for beginner/intermediate players the rewards can really mean a lot so that is a plus.

AGranolaBar

Squire
What I find strange in the announcement is that for both settlements rewards it's written that " Upon reaching level 6, it can provide you with:". I'm not a native English speaker, does that mean it has a reward system like the crow's nest or am I reading too much into it?

NandodeMC

Merchant
What I find strange in the announcement is that for both settlements rewards it's written that " Upon reaching level 6, it can provide you with:". I'm not a native English speaker, does that mean it has a reward system like the crow's nest or am I reading too much into it?
Well, maybe it's not written at it's best. The "can" there tries to mean that some of the rewards are only obtained when the building is motivated. All the other rewards are always obtained with each collection

Lots of players don't care about Guild Battlegrounds, bcause it's unbalanced in terms of matching strong and weak guild together most of the time. So lots of players do not get tons of FPs. They do not care much about attack either.

Right. People in early eras, who are in their special little guilds. Who will not buy diamonds. Why do you think Innogames is forcing GB so hard? Because of whales. Those are only people they care about. People who are addicted to be 1st in ranks. Those are the people that are willing to pay. You can twist it all you want, but GB is the only course of action if you want to move up the ranks. And only people who want to be on top are paying customers. I agree totally that GB are inbalanced. I would even say that GB are downfall of FoE, because so many people starting to be sick of it. But, those few on top, who are willing to pay top dollar are those that Inno cares about. If it was up to me, I would completely remove GB from the game. I hate it. Everything else in game lost any meaning because of it. Most of the people dont care about great buildings anymore, because even high level gives you so little points that you can easily get with a few battles in GB. But because this is trend that is now in the game, I will adjust my city accordingly. Which means, buildings without boost for attacking army are useless to me.

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
Nobody cares about FP anymore...

That's definitely not true.

you can have millions of FPs from Guild battlegrounds.

Millions? I'm pretty sure that's hyperbole.
Also; not everyone does guild battlegrounds; in fact, I dare even say that MOST people don't do guild battlegrounds.

How lucky that you have a lot of fp every day, so you can help those who have difficulties to raise their GBs.

I do actually. Not everyone plays this game for 'blood and glory'. :)

Tahrakaiitoo

Marquis
I am in favor of GBG being removed, but then there will be a lot of whining.

Well, severely nerfed at least.
Also; I just think +att and def should be hard capped. No crossing that line; you get more; it goes to waste; focus on something else.
Alternatively that hard cap could be raised by a little bit every new age (like 1-3% tops).

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well, severely nerfed at least.
Also; I just think +att and def should be hard capped. No crossing that line; you get more; it goes to waste; focus on something else.
Alternatively that hard cap could be raised by a little bit every new age (like 1-3% tops).

Not a fan of hardcaps on city stats. With a time machine, limiting the availability so it's hard to get so far ahead, sure. But hard caps make for a poor system - i.e. the decision between more attack and a more balanced city is no longer a decision.

The rapidly escalating attrition in GBG sort of acts like a soft cap though in that the higher you're going in attrition, the more it takes to make a meaningful impact.

---

GBG farming practices do deserve a nerf though probably yes. Though the nature of that nerf, I'm unsure of. Some options:

- Cap Siege effect to say 75% attrition reduction (unlike city stats, this is more of a transient stat so a hard cap can make sense - indefinite "free" fights are the biggest issue in GBG)
- Change siege effect to be multiplicative but higher for a single siege camp - rationale here is to make building 1 siege camp feel better than it is now, while it still eliminates free fights at high number of siege camps. i.e. say a siege camp offered 30% instead of 24% but it was multiplicative (i.e. 0.7^camp count = % attrition taken). This would lead to:
1 siege camp: 30% reduction = significant improvement
2 siege camp: 51% reduction = slight improvement
3 siege camp: 66% reduction = slight nerf
4 siege camp: 76% reduction = huge nerf
This would act as a nerf to 6-times-a-day-flipped farming factions, but a buff to guilds that often have to deal with only 1 or 2 sieges. Furthermore even if you did manage to get 6 or 7 sieges on a target it still would never be truly free.
- More time off: i.e. instead of 11 days worth of farming and 3 days off, how about 7 days on and 7 days off? There's a lot of burnout from not much downtime between rounds. And it also reduces the total amount of profit farming coalitions get.

Yekk

Viceroy
I agree GBG devalued FP buildings. FP has much less value now even in the earlier ages. The building should have been on the first settlement. It is for all practical purposes useless. Yggdrasi gives plus to attack and is not a fair comparison..

The other thing about the main price building is hoping that it's high up on the MP priority list or else it's going to be the top target for plunders.

-Alin-

Emperor
Why any topic in this game come down to GBG? Starting to hate it

It was the same long ago with ARC and its profitability nerfing and making other building in the city almost pointless, people filled almost every topic with it and complaining about other buildings, not to mention the ranking before Inno changed them, people having trilions in ranking :p
Same its now with GbG, people will always have something to complain about almost everything, I am included myself, but thats the situation on all of this live service games, which are constantly updating and sometimes umballanced, speaking in terms of „future” plans, like GbG did now.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
The other thing about the main price building is hoping that it's high up on the MP priority list or else it's going to be the top target for plunders.

it's not - the FP doesn't require motivation, and goods are lower on the priority list. It'll be after SoKs and stuff - so if you're worried about it, you better make sure you don't have too many crappy FP motivations ;)