• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Mughal Empire

Havik79

Baronet
I have had a "bad burrito" and had more fun sitting on the toilet than playing this settlement, it's pretty and all, but getting no coins is just boring, and having to waste space to have the chain pieces in just the right spot is annoying as hell, and for what 30 FP a day, meh.

But if the devs actually do change the order of the techs, does that mean that since a lot of us are still playing or just started have to wait for the next settlement, that it will kick in for us, or that they just cant change it until it hits live like vikings?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
But if the devs actually do change the order of the techs, does that mean that since a lot of us are still playing or just started have to wait for the next settlement, that it will kick in for us, or that they just cant change it until it hits live like vikings?

If they really wanted to change something significant and it'd mess things up, they can just autocomplete everyone's current settlement and reset it. They stopped doing that because people balked at it during one of the settlements, but the technology is there ;)

Amphistaff

Farmer
I haven't seen any mention of the terrible performance problems I'm seeing. When I open the settlement on mobile (either my Pixel 3 or Galaxy Tab S) I get a really bad freeze (of 10 seconds or more) if I click any of the following:
Develop menu to look at new tech
Click the chest to see the timed rewards
From within the timed rewards, clicking the info box to see the stat details of the buildings

I also got this when I was on the settlement selection screen. It completely froze the app trying to see the stats of the buildings and I had to force restart it.

===
I would also like to add my voice to the frustration at early game. Coins are too scarce for how much is needed. Considering some of the layouts shown, looks like max you can get about 1k per 4 hours which as we know is enough to support one goods building. Considering we need 2 goods buildings to obtain more coin production this feels really bad as the player.

The Lady Ann

Baronet
Having played it for a few days while it is beautiful, the best artwork to date, thank you

I think the milestone rewards are terrible, totally unappetising, the final building reward is also totally uninspiring, and the emissaries, not good neither, did you intend to release this 1st April?

and this from someone who wholeheartedly bought in to the program, as much as it is beautiful, I will be returning to Egypt again and again in my main world

so in conclusion an A for aesthetics and a U for execution and playability

The forced decorations really puts a claw in this city. You cannot put enough culture buildings in their designated areas without unlocking inordinate amount of expansions due to the road decoration being in the middle of two expansions (have to unlock 2 expansions to be able to build more road) so you'd have to unlock at least 3+ expansions to be able to put enough culture buildings to be able to unlock the supplies building. And you only have 3 possible expansions on either side of the town hall for the canals. I'm not sure how I'm going to get enough happiness to unlock more techs with the space given.

1626745476630.png

Retired Guy

Marquis
In hindsight, I think it might have been better to just hunker down with Bhavans, build an inventory of coin, then work on rice, then weaver and just commit to a 4hr schedule for a few days.. but that's not real interesting, or fun , nor challenging to do..

Last edited:

estrid

Baronet
I did get the full 214 diplomacy when I had moved the town hall and finally aligned those pieces correctly.
This is funny. I just got enough stuff to open shanti. Then ripped off all the bhavans and the stuff-buildings to get space for diplomacy thingies.
Built 3 of each which were supposed to give 214 diplomacy and got 234 :D

Blackfir5

Farmer
Hm... this settlement is the most borring (more than vikings).
you need 20 bhavans to keep 1 goods-building running. so the whole space (+ expansions) for that one production.
so it takes days to collect all the goods needed for the next quest.
no way to get faster to coins by shorter production-options. coins can get only from houses.
I know such a statement is not relevant, but it's a stupit settlement. if nothing changes, the settlement can be turned off...

AGranolaBar

Squire
Added the Chhatri so I'm gonna get the +5 goods bonus. The decent news is the goods that you get from this bonus are not dependent on the player having unlocked that goods' tech. For ex: I'm gonna get 5 Spices, I haven't unlocked Spice Trader yet.
To be expected based on the previous settlements but for anyone that needed confirmation...

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
i wish we would get some official answers, about this slowly Rupees production

9 days later and not much happen here
I agreed, after I complete my first and only test run I'll completely forsaken this culture and steer clear
from it on live as it is now. The problems with this culture and much needed tweaks addressed by
the community must be answered by a CM, Inno or dev. team through solving updates. Otherwise
it's very sad that the huge effort of the graphical team goes to waste which will be a big bummer. At
least the first 3 settlements where good.
Settlements starts to look like a particular film trilogy. The first 3 original films where good. Than they
introduced a fourth as kinda expansion which was kinda okay and somewhat enjoyable. The fifth was
just a plain disaster and dropped everything what made the original 3 good and amplified what the
fourth did wrong. A hint the film series has the same theme as the summer event of FoE.
Like the majority of our comments in all subjects.
Inno and communication are two totally different things.
Underrated problem as a community we should've addressed this problem as what should
become part of the improvements int he community sprint update. Maybe it should be
introduced in a second community sprint update.
Installing good communication systems and good managers that actually address and fix
the problems discovered on Beta by players and rapidly communication back towards Beta
forum when confirmation can be given that listed problems addressed by the community are
acknowledged and scheduled to be worked on. This will be probably mainly be a much needed
upgrade for the HQ of FoE.

RoCoJo

Merchant
Like the majority of our comments in all subjects.
Inno and communication are two totally different things.
Maybe they won't reply to all those same questions because this settlement is meant to be this way and thus not a bug which needs to be addressed.

Personally, I like the new setup, the new challenge (although I started it wrong which I will correct in the 2nd run). Yes, it is slow(, but that has always been part of FoE). On live my FP production is much better than on beta, so I will place the Mughal temple here and maybe do a replacement on live. The Minaret is nice small FP-giver (better than an upgraded SoK) which definitly will be placed

Also reported the freeze on mobile (Ipad/Iphone) and the fact that it looks like the houses produce diamonds instead of Rupees (visual bug) which I guess will be adressed in a future update.