• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8277

As it is now, way to many skip the settlement as it is way to stressfull
I agree with everything you said Freja. Considering you are someone who was more able to complete them in time than I was it confirms my opinion on both your points about the diplomacy and the time.

I think the last timer should not expire. Or, a 4th timer that doesn't expire added in with lower rewards. I'm on my 3rd in the live game and I've made a timer once. If you log in once or twice a day you cannot make it in time. This is why I think so many people are skipping it all together. Personally I find the non timed rewards to be good and being able to get them at a slow pace is okay with me, I've given up on greater rune stone. But obviously I certainly won't do it once my Yggrassi is done, if I can't make the timers why bother? It just seems strange to me that being a daily player isn't considered enough 'dedication' to get even the bronze level prize.

Andi47

Overlord
@Andi47 What's really wrong with settlements as they are now?

consequently doing five 4-hour cycles per day (otherways (i.e. with 8-hour cycles in my shrines and market places) my village will suffer a copper shortage and I would have to delete the 4th goods building); barely finished in time for the gold award:

Vikings_Beta_13_fertig.jpg

qaccy

Emperor
@Andi47 Is that a problem, though? The point of issue here seems to be some people wanting gold to be so easily achievable that you don't really have to work for it, or removing the benefit from those able to log in more frequently. I get that it may feel bad if you're someone who simply can't meet the gold timer due to real life circumstances or simply priorities, but are you someone who understands that it's ok for those who are able to put in more time to be better rewarded for it? That's the whole point of the timers. Additionally, as Manda pointed out, the better rewards from the Vikings (Yggdrasil and the emissaries) aren't even attached to the timer at all.

The distinction to make here is that the gold timer is designed to be achievable with some effort. However, it's not designed to be achievable for EVERYONE because if it was, there wouldn't be a point to having it at all.

DeletedUser7262

i must be doing some thing wrong i finish the settlements but after all 3 timers run out (gold, silver and bronze)

DeletedUser9712

I don't always get it cpmpleted in the time frame but I can only try :)

FrejaSP

Viceroy
The distinction to make here is that the gold timer is designed to be achievable with some effort. However, it's not designed to be achievable for EVERYONE because if it was, there wouldn't be a point to having it at all.
Noone are asking for the "gold" timer to be achievable for EVERYONE, but nor should it only be for a few, who can login each 4 hours, even at the night.
What I'm asking for is, if someone login 2-3 times a day, it should be possible for them to make it.
They should still need to work for it and count the need for eah goods and place the right buildings and find the balance between goods and cobber buildings.
I'm only asking for a little balance changes so a little more than the ones without family and work do have a fair chance

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Noone are asking for the "gold" timer to be achievable for EVERYONE, but nor should it only be for a few, who can login each 4 hours, even at the night.
What I'm asking for is, if someone login 2-3 times a day, it should be possible for them to make it.
it is possible to finish in the short time without playing the night.
night = 8 hours with more cultural goods building,
day = 4 hours and 1 hour with more shrines

only 3 times a day is insufficient and must remain so.

kaymedic

Marquis
I log in 3-4 times a day. with 8h production over night. one over the day and one 4h in the evening. In the evening I normaly have more time and can rebuild my city and do shorter copper productions. I am now in my 8th round without any problems and with 9 fragments every time. It gets more difficult every round because mysteriously I do not get the bonus more often but the time is reducing, but its doable.

And dont forget. there are still 4 time rewards and every one is able to get at least the main reward every time...

DeletedUser

I do 8h per night and 2x4h per day. I buy 8 expansions, hardly even use markets and I do it in the first term. Weird. And I still find it boring, but pink tree giving FPs is what every girl wants.

And if I had to wake up in the middle of the night to do this... I would rather put a fork in my eye.

So no, there is no need for further balancing.

DeletedUser8090

^^^^^^^
why?:rolleyes:

This is what I do, wake up, 4 hours, lunch break, 4 hours, back home, run 1 hours till I go to bed, then run 8 hours
I have no problem finishing one in about 9 days.

@Andi47 Is that a problem, though? The point of issue here seems to be some people wanting gold to be so easily achievable that you don't really have to work for it, or removing the benefit from those able to log in more frequently. I get that it may feel bad if you're someone who simply can't meet the gold timer due to real life circumstances or simply priorities, but are you someone who understands that it's ok for those who are able to put in more time to be better rewarded for it? That's the whole point of the timers. Additionally, as Manda pointed out, the better rewards from the Vikings (Yggdrasil and the emissaries) aren't even attached to the timer at all.

Agree

DeletedUser8277

Oh no, I don't think the gold timer should be for everyone or more people. I think there being no timer enough for a daily player to get is a bit disheartening, personally for myself but also based on chatter in guilds, friends chats and global. I don't think the last timer, bronze should expire or a 4th added in with lower rewards for everyone else which doesn't expire.

Mobile players having access 24/7 are obviously going to be more successful but these strict timelines don't seem all too inclusive of people who only play at their computers, have jobs or families or really even sleep. Some of these responses, people able to play 4-8 times per day everyday based around game schedule to get rewards doesn't seem like something the average person could do.

These timers, and strictly my opinion are: 'Gold'= Willing to get up in the middle of the night to play, can structure their life around the game to be on at specific times all through the day and night. Plays the app, takes the game everywhere. Either doesn't have young children or a job that requires physical presence and set schedules, would require an extremely understanding spouse. 'Silver'= Doesn't interrupt their sleep, plays mobile or desktop version at work and has a lot of free time after and before work to play. 'Bronze' Mobile player can't check the game while working and sleeping but does log in during their lunch hour, before and after work, misses most timers, doesn't arrange their life around the game but still allows the game to be a large part of their daily lives.

It's good to be appreciative of players making such an effort but the idea that these extremes are the ONLY players inno deemed worthy enough sends the wrong message to players like myself who log in 1-2 times per day, not at set times based on game schedule but on mine, 6 out of 7 days a week on average. If playing 10-15 hours/week isnt enough to be considered even the lowest echelon of appreciated players, not by other players or your score but by those who developed the timers it's not a good message.

This isn't treasure hunt, log in click a button log off don't make it no harm no foul. These are set up with waiting to build times of an hour or more. You're not just collecting/resetting. You're collecting, ripping up, putting down decos, ripping those up, putting back goods buildings and huts, waiting an hour, setting productions. And you need to do that multiple times throughout this process with varying wait times. Each timer gets shorter than the one before it.

It seems they based the timers on how quick devs were able to get through it but their job was to play it, the rest of us have to do our jobs and this on top of it.

Andi47

Overlord
These timers, and strictly my opinion are: 'Gold'= Willing to get up in the middle of the night to play, can structure their life around the game to be on at specific times all through the day and night. Plays the app, takes the game everywhere. Either doesn't have young children or a job that requires physical presence and set schedules, would require an extremely understanding spouse. 'Silver'= Doesn't interrupt their sleep, plays mobile or desktop version at work and has a lot of free time after and before work to play. 'Bronze' Mobile player can't check the game while working and sleeping but does log in during their lunch hour, before and after work, misses most timers, doesn't arrange their life around the game but still allows the game to be a large part of their daily lives.

True!!!

It seems they based the timers on how quick devs were able to get through it but their job was to play it, the rest of us have to do our jobs and this on top of it.

and according to the videos, which were published when the Vikings were released, the developers have a speed-server for alpha-testing, so they were able to run a Viking settlement from start to end within a few hours. No need to interrupt their sleep.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
I am mostly running on a 4-4-4-8 schedule - so no need to interrupt sleep or anything and I have finished the last few settlements (5-7) in 8-9 Days - so about 4 days to spare. With the increasing bonus, I do not think I will have big problems to get the finishing time below 7 days for the 14th/15th settlement, unless I am really unlucky with the "4x" - but until then I most probably already have the runestone maxed and do not really care about the time besides getting max Yggdrasil as quick as possible.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I agree with you you Manda and Andi. People do have a life, that comes before FoE and yes it's not done with logging in andharvisting, there are time used to break down replace and time lost from waiting on the build timer unless you are going to use lots of diamond.

I sure cant run it on a 4-4-4-8 schedule.
Sure I can login before I drive to work, then in my lunch, then when I get home and then before bed but that is very stressfull for me. I have 90 min driving to my home and the same home.
I had to stop doing that so now I do it this way:

Before bed, set 8 hours (10 pm)
(If I have extra time at the morning 6:30 am, I may set a 4 hours)
Lunch set 8 hours (11:30 am)
Evening set shine/markets to 2x1 hour, unless I'm rebuilding, then i may only have one hour.

In my opinion, that should be enough FoE to make the Gold timer in some of the settlemens and silver in the rest. The stones should be very nasty ro drop me down to Bronze.

I do use some Diamond, to skip the building time but that's ok, I do get some ingame and do buy when I get offeret more Diamond for same price.

When settlement startede, I was playing 5 live servers + Beta, that become to much, I'm now down to 3 live servers and Beta and I may close one more live servers to balance the extra time the settlement useof my playtime.

I'm ok with the gold timers I make and I can live with getting a few bronze.

It's not really about me but about others giving up on Settlement and not even try. When I can make it in time if i login before I drive to work and before I drive home, I believe there are a lot that won't make it. For some it may take 3 weeks or more to finish and here I agree with Mandi, they should at least make it in time for the bronze reward and if they put extra affort in it, thay may make it in silver time.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
qaccy, Hiip lin, Kaymedic, FinkAdele and Ntugladiator I have hard with understand why you are against a little love to the Settlement.
I expected to see a level 7 Yggdrasil in your town like in mine but no, if I found any Yggdrasil it was several levels behind my Yggdrasil.
Now I can't see what you have in your live town but I know what level mine is there :)

Yggdrasil level 7.jpg

Last edited:

DeletedUser

qaccy, Hiip lin, Kaymedic, FinkAdele and Ntugladiator I have hard with understand why you are against a little love to the Settlement.
I expected to see a level 7 Yggdrasil in your town like in mine but no, if I found any Yggdrasil it was several levels behind my Yggdrasil.
Now I can't see what you have in your live town but I know what level mine is there :)

View attachment 3904
No, I do not have level 7 Yggdrasil on my main. I never said I do every settlement in 8 days - nor that I start next settlement in the minute I finish it. Just that I don't have problems with finishing it in the first therm... Mind you, to me it still is boring, more like a job I must do to achieve a goal, surely not fun on its own.

Hiep Lin

Viceroy
Nj46zX_UDKGsueXQJZs3eWStHd9vwnL7buZNzPQKrmOzMx8t6kWoMfknJNYLK28VCw5npjPrVNuxtvNfHw91vWk5nZ_HB5bXuVw7faSsUnQHttdBNTVj6wNL-bQGkkq6kwgWg02SSr-SGao5XZnvfOMn1AINamJhF4o5VQLkG39KQGLVKWtBGZbRJk8A3N3gRPVvEinm7SgBs5CSk20OuP3Z7zJZpT7XR7oFZSbhIeiVvR9tK_dO75D_-dXXHPMmRjZjosG2ljB-N-DIiM1ntz0zTMKRJN9OljS7nxUA3zNJ1YANz1oFJgAvupw_jzRoZg10Yb8uZxs4IQYYHoqM882rmLebJLn2lOOfL9fsnpYx2i4hGW_0_TPHB5sldIsfk9SZNgviolzLKRPOdU0LXVTPwset3GnJ33tKWtj5htCkwLsT31qMEFeziZXbu8o3yD0D-1cGCPESbTAjB7HQ2Lsh-aUX1Tkffx9Mmx0dMbG3wmmJqP-IF8elO9OWZKlDcrpvr5mJdmQ8M9BXUPrjX0Sh1q70An5XlFWn16DcKMekOAKZMV22d3wcmOzv3jeLptmguNNdfq-mhR-LkBm55SY56Yt4Woa4m0wRAbsOHcQRzxK6LfzKQTL4vvyoU80iIdVOdAjMZL2NB8-Z9luyflRIXtouozc0WWpghXhjdIyq6B39i6UFOgDr5G_G8OSOgjcfY1jfE5L3NeedxtCufmo=w448-h326-no

Noarsil -----------> beginning January 3 (+/- 50 diamonds per settlement)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Noarsil -----------> beginning January 3 (+/- 50 diamonds per settlement)
Wow - that is damn quick... even with the diamonds... grats!

Do you collect every 5 min?;)
I am at least 3 settlements behind you - so you are somehow about 3 days quicker per settlement than me... it feels kind of humiliating...

Andi47

Overlord
And I thought that *I* am "speed-Viking'ing", but seems that I am waaay behind:

server .de8; start on 3th of January; no diamonds:
de_Yggdrasil_190322.jpg

@hiep lin what strategy are you using? And realy just *fifty* diamonds per village? Or is it rather *five hundred*?