• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Balancing Changes

• Thread starter Retired Community Manager
  • Start date

DeletedUser8394

Would be a nice little addition if the Develop/Embassy Advancements menu showed how much of each resource in total was still needed in order to unlock everything.

DeletedUser9541

Egyptians
I could find a thread, but will Egyptian settlements begin sometime in the near future?
A "search" function for forums would be nice to help find your topic of interest.

FrejaSP

Viceroy
I'm almost done with my 17th settlement and it will be the last one as there seem to be no way for me to make it at least in 3th time.
I failed in both settlement #16 and #17 and if I remember right in #14 and #15 too.
Where I love the boost the settlement got, I can't see why I should keep trying after #15 as the time will run out for me each time. The FP I get for doing it is not really worth it when I fail to get just 2 fragments for the last time.
Maybe 8 hours are ok to get make it in first time but a little extra time to make it in 2th and 3th time. Where it was 3 days at 1th settlement it seem to be only 1,5 days between the last times. at least increast it to 3 days for 3th time to give people a reason to do the settlements after # 15 or remove last time limit so all who finish a settlement will get 2 fragments.
There will still be a reason to try to make it faster and get 6 or 15 fragments but some just can't make it.

Egyptians
I could find a thread, but will Egyptian settlements begin sometime in the near future?
A "search" function for forums would be nice to help find your topic of interest.
there is a search function in the top of your screen
but to answer your question, the japan settlement will come first

1BFA

Viceroy
Egyptians

Based on FB live, Japanese will start sometime soon Egyptians will be bigger and will take a while...

I'm on my last quest and have 2500/2540 for coins and no counters for goods. So I have no idea where I stand on this quest. Need a counter for goods. Or is this a bug? Do I have to rebuild my goods buildings and make 10 each goods?

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Do I have to rebuild my goods buildings and make 10 each goods?
That is what you got to do... As the quest says, you have to "gather" 10 goods each - not "have" 10 goods each.

The counter at the moment is a combined counter (2500 coins + 40 goods = 2540), but will soon be changed to two separate counters

DeletedUser9608

The change to the final quest made it impossible to finish in gold time without being extremely lucky with the x4s. Please readjust this.

When I saw these changes my first thoughts were how are we supposed to be able able to finish in gold time now? But I thought I'd give it a proper try in live first in case I was wrong. I wasn't.
Firstly, we will need to have produced an extra 8000 coppers to pay for the the extra 40 goods. I'd always calculated my coin production to make just enough to produce what I needed to make the goods to unlock the quests then removed the coin producers to make room for the goods producers. So the new system meant more time to produce those coins.
Next we have to spend an hour building whichever of the goods buildings we didn't still have on the go.
Then we had an 8 hour wait while those goods buildings did their work.
How many people have time between finishing work and going to bed for the nine hours needed to construct and then use those goods buildings?
It's pretty much bound to spill into an overnight production so we're effectively looking at needing a whole extra day to finish.
Before the changes I was chasing runestones in five of my live cities with something like an 85% success rate for gold out of the 50 or 60 run throughs I'd done in them.
It was difficult to achieve this because of my work patterns which are 24 hours on with no internet access and 48 hours off, but I was just managing by doing one hour copper productions while at home (yes the cultural settlements had drastically increased the amount of time I spent playing the game).
Since the change I've done 3 run throughs in each city spending the same insane amount of time trying for a 0% success rate for gold.
Now I'm not saying that these changes will make me stop going for the tree upgrades as I'm too close o the top level in all those cities to give up on it, but I will stop chasing runestone fragments and stick to the 4 hour or longer runs which will cut down my on-line playing time by well over half.
And if as I suspect I will have similar problems finishing Japanese settlements in time then I'll only be doing them in my two main cities, ignoring the fragments and simply not bother at all in the others.
I suppose I should be grateful for these changes really.
By introducing a difficult challenge my competative nature had not been able to resist doing it, even though it had taken a great deal of extra time.
By making the challenge impossible (at least for the fastest prize with my particular work patterns) I am now able to resist them and do something else with my time.

Last edited: