• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

The Babelus

Steward
I thought the cost for Roads (Vkings, Japanese, Egypt) has been removed on Beta... Now checking new versions and it is back again?

I have a world which I do not play regularly... When I start Vikings or Feudal Japan, there is no cost for road. However, when starting Egypt,I can see cost of 200 Debin Coins for a road again.
On BETA it is now the same

//Edit: OK, so I just didn't read properly the chnage... They removed cost for Roads only in old Settlements... Sadly in Egypt they will remain...

Last edited:

Dessire

Regent
finally im playing this settlement (on live server) and I've noticed that ...the settlement doesn't worth your effort. 12 fp in 12 squares + 10 random units per day... guys, 1 to 2 events and you can have better things. this settlement requires a lot of time compared to viking and japanese settlement. i'm about to avoid this settlement, act like this settlement doesn't exist. what do you think guys? for you, it deserve the huge amount of time and patient the new building at level 6?

DeletedUser9851

finally im playing this settlement (on live server) and I've noticed that ...the settlement doesn't worth your effort. 12 fp in 12 squares + 10 random units per day... guys, 1 to 2 events and you can have better things. this settlement requires a lot of time compared to viking and japanese settlement. i'm about to avoid this settlement, act like this settlement doesn't exist. what do you think guys? for you, it deserve the huge amount of time and patient the new building at level 6?
I personally think that it is worth the effort, even though there are definitely better Rewards out there...why? Easy: remember the Yggdrasil for the Vikings Settlement? Once some players started complaining about its stats, Innogames beefed it up and it ended up offering 30% Attack Boost (originally set to 10%)...so I think that if not that many players play this Settlement due to the incentives, then they might adjust the outcome of the Bathhouse so players who started playing this Settlement will have an advantage over the others...we also need to keep in mind that Inno hopes to have players spend extra Diamonds via this Settlement (especially with the new option of buying a maximum of 6 Pickaxes for 50 Diamonds EACH), so if LOTS of players end up not bothering with this Settlement then they will most likely react as they did in the past :)

Last edited by a moderator:

FrejaSP

Viceroy
At last, I'm on the last task. I do find the last tasks a little heavy and timeeating and I did nok make it in time to the best reward. I really believe 30k deban og 30 af each Goods er a to much.

I am not sure if this was mentioned before (and I am not going back through 27 pages) but here is something we were talking about in my guild on live world. Royal bathhouse is not worth the time and effort, but there is easy fix to that. Instead of 10 random units, make it the same as Alcatraz. Nobody needs 10 units when 9 of them are crap you will never use. Make it 10 units from buildings you have in your city and then it will be worth the time and effort. Current itteration is not appealing.

Why must the Bathhouse have the same system as Alcatraz? If so I can better destroy my Alcatraz and create lot's of extra place in my city! Ok, less happiness, but all those event buildings that give me happiness is probably still enough to hold my population happy.

The Bathhouse must stay as something "unique", not a (half) copy of other buildings ..

I would like to see this (suggestions) :
1) That the higher your Bathhouse is, you also get some (little) extra for your NEXT settlement you do / start ! Like, for example, it give you some extra % Deben (daily) ... OR ...
2) each Anc. Obelisk you've build give a certain % of it's army boost ALSO for your Egyptian units !!

This will be cool and make each NEXT settlement a bit more smooth or give it some extra dimension !
Please just "think" about these suggestions ... probably not for Anc Egypt(?), but hope to see some of the ideas implemented in a next upcoming settlement ! Thanks for reading through this and good luck with brain-storming" for more new ideas !

CrashBoom

Legend
I have an idea for the next settlement
one without diplomacy

that is the most annoying part of every settlement

I am not sure if this was mentioned before (and I am not going back through 27 pages) but here is something we were talking about in my guild on live world. Royal bathhouse is not worth the time and effort, but there is easy fix to that. Instead of 10 random units, make it the same as Alcatraz. Nobody needs 10 units when 9 of them are crap you will never use. Make it 10 units from buildings you have in your city and then it will be worth the time and effort. Current itteration is not appealing.
but only those of the era of the building :D
because that building can't produce units which aren't from its era

but why even change it ?
if something in the game is not worth the time and effort for everybody then those players can easily ignore it

wouldn't be the first thing that isn't played by 100% of all players

For the effort needed to get a fully leveled bathhouse? Absolutely ;)
good for you.
make that and ignore the settlement :p

I will make it and those obelisks

Last edited:

Rakshas

Farmer
Looking at bug reports apparently the bath house doesn't have aid priority, and it's not a bug. So the unique feature of the bath house, unit production, doesn't get activated unless you self aid (unless I'm reading the report incorrectly). I think this is a bit absurd for a building that is so hard to get. Not that it's a big deal for a big Alcatraz owner, but I see no reason why it would need to be implemented this way.

wouldn't be the first thing that isn't played by 100% of all players

Well also wouldn't be the first thing they changed after going live... remember viking settlement that most people did not play? Most people only did 5 quests to get 20 FP and cancel it? People started play it seriously only after they fixed/boosted Yggdrasil. So that is why I posted this. Many people I spoke with on live server told me that building is not good enough (which we said here several times...) and they will do just one curiosity run and that is it.

Umbrathor

Baronet
I am glad to see that the Chariot Workshop and Elephant stable are now 4 hours to build. That is an improvement. If the troop just take 4h to make as well this greatly improves their value.

I am now on my second run-through in beta, and have avoided the chariots (the troops get killed too easily, which is good in a way or I would not be able to defeat the same troops as enemies) but I am building the elephant stable again, for the awesome animation. ; )

On live, I am running it one world at a time, twice per world at most to get the emissary that gives 1fp + slot, and to get one obelisk to lvl 2 (2fp plus 2%defense for attacking army is nice). I may do more than that eventually, when I have done it twice on every world, but the benefits of doing 5 viking quests every day are just better when compared to the bathhouse.

Royal bathhouse is not worth the time and effort, but there is easy fix to that. Instead of 10 random units, make it the same as Alcatraz.
Nice idea, and in that case it should give units based on buildings and not limityed to the age of the building. In other words, it should be 'no era'.

Why must the Bathhouse have the same system as Alcatraz? If so I can better destroy my Alcatraz and create lot's of extra place in my city! Ok, less happiness, but all those event buildings that give me happiness is probably still enough to hold my population happy.

The Bathhouse must stay as something "unique", not a (half) copy of other buildings ..

I would like to see this (suggestions) :
1) That the higher your Bathhouse is, you also get some (little) extra for your NEXT settlement you do / start ! Like, for example, it give you some extra % Deben (daily) ... OR ...
2) each Anc. Obelisk you've build give a certain % of it's army boost ALSO for your Egyptian units !!

This will be cool and make each NEXT settlement a bit more smooth or give it some extra dimension !
You can only have one bathhouse maximum, so it would never rival Alcatraz. It is a unique building after all. And every single event building is a half copy of most other event buildings or great buildings. Having a mini-Alcatraz is a great boon for beginning players who do not have the room for an alcatraz yet. It will never rival the actual Alcatraz, because a GB can be evelled up to a point where it would easily outdo the Bathhouse many times.

The idea for bonuses that aid the Egyptian units is nice, but remember that subsequent run-throughs wil already be made easier by the increasing likelihood of getting x4 goods or loot. It is the first few run throughs that you need bonuses more than the later ones, in my opinion. The only bonus you have on your first run through, is a huge amount of time.

Still, it makes sense that the Egyptian buuildings help you when you play the Egyptian settlement. It wpould be nice if the Bathhouse gives you Egyptian unattached troops in addition to the ones you get in the real gameworld.