• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Cultural Settlements - Ancient Egypt

DeletedUser6015

tips for the hard fight ?
I never have enough troops to pass the second wave

Attachments

• 1ª.png
    1ª.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 30
  • 2ª.png
    2ª.png
    77.3 KB · Views: 30
you can pass with 8 nubian archers but with more losts

Yes, I can confirm that. I made a video from a heavy - 3rd fight - with only 2 losses. Used 6 Archers and 2 Camel.
But as you can see, I usually can't really use the Camels. Had to hold them back, otherwise they will be destroyed from the range of the enemy army.

Sorry for the video. No music, no tone, no cutting. But it may give an idea, how to battle the harder fights.

Umbrathor

Baronet
people are still building other military buildings than Nubian Archer Camps o_O
Absolutely. Haven't tried 8 arhcers yet, but there are enemy combinations that would kill many of your Nubian Archers. Especially the infamous chariots+mounted camel archers, of which there are several combinations. I always use Nubian archers, and combine them with Khopesh of mounted archers depending on the enemies. And the elephants are amazing against exactly the type of enemies @jmtiago asked about: chariots+mounted camel archer combinations.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Absolutely. Haven't tried 8 arhcers yet, but there are enemy combinations that would kill many of your Nubian Archers. Especially the infamous chariots+mounted camel archers, of which there are several combinations. I always use Nubian archers, and combine them with Khopesh of mounted archers depending on the enemies. And the elephants are amazing against exactly the type of enemies @jmtiago asked about: chariots+mounted camel archer combinations.

8 archers can handle camels + chariots if it's two waves.
You start with 8 archers, them with 6 anti-archers. You avoid them til they come closer. You kill 2 camels/chariots. You lose 1-2 archers (depending if you managed to stay out of range of 1+ of the living ones). You kill 2 more. You lose 1 more. You kill the last two and take 5-6 units into wave 2 where you do similar against no more than 4 units at the start.

It's only the 1 wave of 8 that's problematic. Technically it's probably possible with many restarts til you get an advance where you can avoid most of the chariots/camels while killing 2. I just dismiss it though.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
8 archers can handle camels + chariots if it's two waves.
You start with 8 archers, them with 6 anti-archers. You avoid them til they come closer. You kill 2 camels/chariots. You lose 1-2 archers (depending if you managed to stay out of range of 1+ of the living ones). You kill 2 more. You lose 1 more. You kill the last two and take 5-6 units into wave 2 where you do similar against no more than 4 units at the start.

It's only the 1 wave of 8 that's problematic. Technically it's probably possible with many restarts til you get an advance where you can avoid most of the chariots/camels while killing 2. I just dismiss it though.
That is pretty much what I have been doing for the second half of the settlement... Only downside is, that the archeries need so much space - so for the next settlement I will likely do kopesh for the first two days and then switch to the archers as soon as possible...

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
That is pretty much what I have been doing for the second half of the settlement... Only downside is, that the archeries have such a strange form factor - so for the next settlement I will likely do kopesh for the first two days and then switch to the archers as soon as possible...

DeletedUser9851

Yes, I can confirm that. I made a video from a heavy - 3rd fight - with only 2 losses. Used 6 Archers and 2 Camel.
But as you can see, I usually can't really use the Camels. Had to hold them back, otherwise they will be destroyed from the range of the enemy army.

Sorry for the video. No music, no tone, no cutting. But it may give an idea, how to battle the harder fights.

Good job! As for me, I am now fighting in this Settlement using ONLY 3 X Nubian Archers Barracks (so I always have 15 Nubian Archers available every day) and rarily lose more than 2-3 of those Units for all 3 Battles (EASY, MEDIUM and HARD)

I have made a video for my Guild members to show them that those Nubian Archers were GREAT Units overall for those Battles, showing the outcome of a HARD Battle :)

I just completed the first Egyptian settlement in about 15 days. I never thought I could finish 12 days before...
I completely agree on the absolute usefulness of the Nubians, the easy and normal battle can be done quietly with only those units.
I am curious to read the guide :)

qaccy

Emperor
Yeah, the more I play Egypt the more I come to realize that, much like normal battles, range is the most important stat. Nubians outrange everything, therefore they're the best unit and you don't need anything else.

DeletedUser9019

Of the three settlements the Egyptian one sucks the most, of the 23 expansions I have opened, 16 have impediments with only 2 free pickaxes being available so far. A pickaxe for 50 diamonds is abit steep so how about you have more free pickaxes for completing the quests instead of the other stuff.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Of the three settlements the Egyptian one sucks the most, of the 23 expansions I have opened, 16 have impediments with only 2 free pickaxes being available so far. A pickaxe for 50 diamonds is abit steep so how about you have more free pickaxes for completing the quests instead of the other stuff.
It is about choosing the right expansions where you only need few removal tools to get a decently open area. Not all in Impediments need removal (especially not the ones at/near the border)...

In total you will get 6 free removal tools throughout the questline - that is plenty. I only wished they maybe came a little sooner - the last one or two removal tools are barely useful.

Overall you do not really need more than 20 expansions (8 from the start + 12 bought ones) as the loot income does not really allow for more goods production anyway - might be different in the later settlements though...

Considering 12 bought expansions is the norm and you get 12 removal tools (6 free, 6 for diamonds), I think the tools are well balanced.

Also you likely miscounted - AFAIK, all expansions besides the starting ones (which have no impediments) should have exactly one impediment.

Beta-OD

Squire
Feedback (from live but doesn't change it):

After doing this 6 times (gold all times), I've noticed an issue with the order of quests: Quest 20 Nefertiti: "Gather 300 Loot" and "Gather 20 Sacrificial Offerings" comes way to late in the order of quests. For the last 3 runs through, I've already collected enough loot and Sacrificial Offerings by the time that this quest appears, making me spend troops and loot unnecessarily. It would make way more sense for it to be directly after Quest 16: Nefertiti: "Have 1 Place of Prayer" .

Pretty much all of the other quests flow really nicely and in an order that makes sense.

qaccy

Emperor
@Beta-OD Are these costs really 'unnecessary' if they're required for a quest, which is in turn required to complete the settlement? Same reasoning as the last quest, which exclusively focuses on producing resources that are not needed at all except for completing the quest.

Beta-OD

Squire
@Beta-OD Are these costs really 'unnecessary' if they're required for a quest, which is in turn required to complete the settlement? Same reasoning as the last quest, which exclusively focuses on producing resources that are not needed at all except for completing the quest.

I think yes, that's why I mentioned it. While I think the last quest is also dumb, it doesn't really ruin your flow doing it.

Beta-OD

Squire
Is feedback still useful here? I'm curious about motivation of the Bathhouse.

Because motivation doesn't change the number of fp you get from it, it seems to be way low on the motivation chart, at least on live.

Are people here seeing that? I wonder if it wasnt thought about since this is the first building that motivation only gives troops. Since it is so few, I think troops and FP should be on the same level, maybe combine the two for math purposes. IE a building making 4 fp would be motivated first, then a building making 3 fp plus 1 troop, then a building making 3 fp alone. Alternatively, fp should come from motivation putting it way high on the m/p list.

Also, due to this one can plunder this building, (I've done it on live) and gotten the fp. Seems like a building that should be protected by m/p a lot easier.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
Is feedback still useful here? I'm curious about motivation of the Bathhouse.

Because motivation doesn't change the number of fp you get from it, it seems to be way low on the motivation chart, at least on live.

Are people here seeing that? I wonder if it wasnt thought about since this is the first building that motivation only gives troops. Since it is so few, I think troops and FP should be on the same level, maybe combine the two for math purposes. IE a building making 4 fp would be motivated first, then a building making 3 fp plus 1 troop, then a building making 3 fp alone. Alternatively, fp should come from motivation putting it way high on the m/p list.

Also, due to this one can plunder this building, (I've done it on live) and gotten the fp. Seems like a building that should be protected by m/p a lot easier.
I am pretty sure that is intentional - was the same with the winter train

Dudettas

Emperor
InnoGames
Troops production currently does not feature on the priority list for motivation. The Forge Points are produced irrespective of motivation. It has been fed back that players would like to see unit production on the priority list. :)

Beta-OD

Squire
I am pretty sure that is intentional - was the same with the winter train.

Quite possible and I'm not saying some buildings shouldn't work like that. I'm just feeling the effort to get the rewards on this one are so time consuming, they could fix it to work better.

Troops production currently does not feature on the priority list for motivation.
It has been fed back that players would like to see unit production on the priority list. :)

Appreciate it, thank you.