• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Create trades all but the guild can see

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nisse-X

Merchant
Would like a filter for either/and create/list trades for everyone but the guild.
ex.1. I create a trade no one in my guild can see (thus a shorter and the more relevant list for them).
ex.2. I sift through all the guild trades and have the option to filter out all trades made public, ie only see the trades made specific for the guild.

(edit: ex.2 is already possible)

Reason:
1. Sometimes you must help your guild with sweeter trades (for GE etc).
2. Trading is one way to advance in this game and make a profit, but NOT on the guilds expense.

What say thee?

Last edited:
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser7942

Alright I change my mind, Here's why this needs to be in game.

Such a change, to some degree, will make for a better and more enjoyable guild experience not only for those who are making the trade, but for the guild itself and the ones running the guild. This is a MMO after all and encouraging players to work together is at the heart of such and to that end certain considerations must be made. Such as, not everyone plays exactly the same way, and how boring that would be and in conjunction with that Guilds often implement some sort of uniform trade policy and so in order to achieve some semblance of balance, options are needed by a variety of types of players to allow them to enjoy the game as they play it while maintaining a healthy guild relation.

For example, many guilds have implemented a trade policy commonly referred to as "fair" trade, much as I despise such terminology and practice, we understand this to be the case. But not every player understands, wants or needs to always adhere to such policy while in a guild. The problem currently with the game that guilds and players have is there is no way to post such non compliant trades without them appearing to the guild as a whole. As such other guild members who are merely attempting to help their fellow guild members with their policy trades have to shuffle through all kinds of so called "unfair" trades in order to help the others and sometimes accidently picking up unfair trades. This makes guild leaders quite aggravated to deal with I can tell you and not a very enjoyable gaming experience.

Now while Inno obviously can't control everyone's behaviours and it's contingent upon guild leaders to enforce their own policies, Inno can certainly go a long way with a simple solution to facilitate the process by adding such a feature. I see no negative effects or consequences for implementing such and hope you find the same. Farewell and good evening.

Keritan

Squire
+1 I brought this up in Sep last year and had few in support and a lot in decent of the idea. Many guilds like to do the "fair trade" (however it is defined for that guild) and this would help those that want to make "unfair" trades.

DeletedUser

I have passed this on for consideration as a game improvement.
Thanks for all your feedback :)

Nisse-X

Merchant
- 1 Free trading at fair rate is one of the main reasons guilds even exist. Fair trading allows all guild members the opportunity to progress, this suggestion, if implemented would allow some guild members to have their needs met at fair rate and at the same time profit from their surplus, thus denying that surplus to their guild-mates.
It is why the majority of guild have trade rules and also why persistent unfair trades are often booted

I think you misunderstood and/or I explained badly....
One may advance in trading by having "unfair" offers on the market.
I would like to the option to make these "unfair" trades NOT visible to my own guild, as to avoid profiting on them.

Nisse-X

Merchant
This would actually be better

View attachment 3075

"Show only great deals" :)

Not bad but....
I don't want to anyone in my guild to be ABLE to see my "unfair" trades, nomatter if they have forgotten or not to set these by you proposed settings.

Actually, I can even see two (four?) "clickboxes" in the actual tradebox (not globally):
[_] Make this trade visible to your guild.
[x] Make this trade visible to your friends.
. . . . .
[x] Make this trade visible to your neighbours.
[x] Make this trade visible to everyone else.

Last edited:

DeletedUser8859

Actually, I can even see two (four?) "clickboxes" in the actual tradebox (not globally):
[_] Make this trade visible to your guild.
[x] Make this trade visible to your friends.
. . . . .
[x] Make this trade visible to your neighbours.
[x] Make this trade visible to everyone else.

These filters will need a precedence rule for the special cases that a guild member is also a friend, and if the guild member is also a neighbor. If the "Make this trade visible to your guild." filter is Not checked, then the trade shall not be visible by the guild member no matter of he/she is also a friend or neighbor.

Also, a precedence rule for the case that a player is a friend and a neighbor at the same time.

DeletedUser7793

+1
This idea has been coming up time and time again ever since the game is live... Not sure if the devs gonna listen this time, but let's hope for it!

DeletedUser8859

Another good topic that needs answers no matter if the filters discussed here are implemented or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.