• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: Counter above Tarvern incorrect

mbk28

Baronet
if you see on the files join, I have 11 /14, but if io comme in, there is only 1 free
Don't understant why it"s aviable on public words

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2016-11-23 à 13.04.29.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-11-23 à 13.04.29.png
    345.4 KB · Views: 18
  • Capture d’écran 2016-11-23 à 13.00.04.png
    Capture d’écran 2016-11-23 à 13.00.04.png
    673.6 KB · Views: 17

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
What are you doing to cause/reproduce that? Live counter outside is always correct here, even when the game is left open for a very long time, in the background, etc.

It would be easy for the live counter to stop counting if your connection has had lost packages or got completely lost, as then the data sending between your device and the game system would be interrupted. That would not be a bug though.

mbk28

Baronet
I just go to see the tavern and then open it and I see the difference, it's not the first time there is a problem in the outside count, I already post about it, if I remember

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I just go to see the tavern and then open it and I see the difference, it's not the first time there is a problem in the outside count, I already post about it, if I remember
What are you doing prior to that? Do you have the game running for a long time, is it running in the background or are you actively playing some other parts of the game? Which browser are you using?

mbk28

Baronet
if you want to see the bug, I have a video of it, of course it"s not on the beta, I know I don't have to post it, but the bug is there too

1.91.c0c08bd (23.11.2016 8:30), mbk28 (129057), zz1, en_US, MAC 23,0,0,207, Mac OS 10.12.2, Safari Version/10.1, 1307x721, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

Attachments

• Screen Recorded2016-11-23 18_56_02.mov.zip
    852.3 KB · Views: 3

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
if you want to see the bug, I have a video of it, of course it"s not on the beta, I know I don't have to post it, but the bug is there too

1.91.c0c08bd (23.11.2016 8:30), mbk28 (129057), zz1, en_US, MAC 23,0,0,207, Mac OS 10.12.2, Safari Version/10.1, 1307x721, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)
It's not about 'seeing' it, it's about what is causing it. This does not simply happen when you login to the game and look at your Tavern, or otherwise there would be a lot more reports on it. So if it does take place, something else during your gameplay has to cause it. That is why we need as much information as possible on the game actions leading to that point.

mbk28

Baronet
to complete for your ask, I play the 4 words on the same browser since this morning, of course, sometime, I'm not on the game, safari is in background.
Now i answer you on chrome, safari is not my first browser

DeletedUser6194

Taverna does not work ... I can not enter
Google Chrome

DeletedUser5429

Hi, I cannot say what I did, since I don't think I did anything particular, but my tavern counter is not up to date with the people inside.
It indicates 1/14, but 3 people are sitting.
http://prnt.sc/dc3fhy

My PC has entered sleep some times today I guess, but the wrong counter just appeared less than an hour ago.

Of course, when refreshing the game, the counter is good again.

Last edited by a moderator:

Artubar

Baronet
That's the same thing I had posted in the missions thread [which got deleted with a 'cannot reproduce'..]

It would be easy for the live counter to stop counting if your connection has had lost packages or got completely lost, as then the data sending between your device and the game system would be interrupted. That would not be a bug though.
I'd count it definitely as a bug when the game can't resync after a packet/connection loss. If your coders can't handle that, there should be at least a popup telling about it (and asking to reload).

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
I'd count it definitely as a bug when the game can't resync after a packet/connection loss. If your coders can't handle that, there should be at least a popup telling about it (and asking to reload).
Interact with the server and you'll get the update. Either you'll need to reload the game, or the interaction itself will update things.

Your device has cut off the connection, whether it is because you've put the device in sleep mode or your connection got lost. So you need to send some form of attempt to reconnect to the game servers. Click a building, start a production, do something ingame.

podkap1970

Emperor
well you know its a Inno server problem
i already reported that as support ticket many weeks ago
every 4 h, every player gets a disconnect from Inno server

Edit: and this do happen since over a half year now

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
well you know its a Inno server problem
i already reported that as support ticket many weeks ago
every 4 h, every player gets a disconnect from Inno server

Edit: and this do happen since over a half year now
Where are you seeing said disconnect? The 'chat' used to have a disconnect a very long time ago, but that's no longer the case.

This would also make it very easy to reproduce the supposed problem reported here. Except if I leave the game open for hours (more than 4) and the counter over the Friends Tavern is still correct, that would mean there is no disconnect whatsoever.

podkap1970

Emperor
maybe those every 4h disconnects we get, have nothing to do with the tavern
but on GvG map is this disconnect bad
i lost enough sectors and goods on my german server, because 2 min after timer reset, everyone got the 4 h disconnect, and you could not see if the siege is still there or not
so the siege layer could not resiege even the siege was gone, because its not gone for him
its same on beta server, but a diffrent time, and also we have winter time now,
next year march the german servers will have the problem again, i think, not sure since i don't play there anymore, one of the reason was this 4 h disconnect problem and never fixed

Edit: and after the 4 h disconnect is done, the mail is not blinking anymore when you receive a new one, sure it gets fixed when i do a relog, or maybe interact with something
but GvG map and mails can be very importent when you do GvG
and this do happen since april or march this year, since you did implemt the 4 h disconncts

Andi47

Overlord
Where are you seeing said disconnect? The 'chat' used to have a disconnect a very long time ago, but that's no longer the case.

wrong - it is still the case. Just look e.g. around 8 p.m. Vienna time. (and 4, 8 and 12 hours before and after this time):

The chat will disconnect (displaying "DISCONNECTED" for a second or two) and then re-connect.

Artubar

Baronet
Click a building, start a production, do something ingame.
Well, surely I did - eg. opening the tavern to post the screenshot with the differing number of guests (the sign 'outside' remained showing the wrong value).
The only action that syncs the sign is collecting your tavern silver [reloading as the other possibility]

As for the chat: As already some others mentioned, the repeated disconnects (and reconnects in 99% of all cases) still happens every 4 hours - and if you happen to send a message around that time, it simply gets swallowed... but that's another topic.

Back to sync - there's so much trash sent to & from the client - so nobody would complain if the client would send out a tiny ping to the server after, let's say 2 or 5 minutes without any server data (payload might be last received request id, so the server can decide if to send a simple noop/time update, or resend the 'missing' data since it got out of sync.)
Reloading the game constantly* is a workaround, but no solution.

* basically you would have to do that on a regular basis since there is nothing to show the sync loss - you only know that it hasn't been lost when something updates. No update can mean both: Really no update, or sync loss.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
wrong - it is still the case. Just look e.g. around 8 p.m. Vienna time. (and 4, 8 and 12 hours before and after this time):

The chat will disconnect (displaying "DISCONNECTED" for a second or two) and then re-connect.
There have now been 2 such 4 hour periods from that time and no such message has appeared on chat. Regardless, even if the chat refresh is still happening it does not disconnect the whole game - it just updates chat itself (which is why it reconnects on its own).

Just today we've tested this through 2 such periods, and we have also tried turning off internet connection, then connecting to the internet again after a couple minutes. At the same time the game page has stayed open through that whole time (over 10 hours and still counting). The counter above the Friends Tavern is still correct - even after the internet connection has been turned off and on.

So if anyone experiencing this has information to share about which actions you're doing before experiencing this, please do share them here.

Andi47

Overlord
Thanks for the info.

Have you also tested something like this (I did not check, just asking)?
1.) start a 5 min production
2.) disconnect your internet connection before the production finishes
3.) re-connect after the production is finished (or disconnect and reconnect when someone is polishing one of your buildings in between)
4.) check, whether the tavrn sign updates when someone visits your tavern

btw: sometimes (unfortunately difficult to reproduce) it happens that the game loses sync - especially annoying when restructuring the city (trying to 15-puzzle the buildings in better positions). I have seen the game losing sync in such situations quite a few times (during the last year or so) - quite annoying when having to puzzle for 1 hour AGAIN because everything is lost what was done during this time...