• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Construction Mode - add option to add/delete roads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason
Construction mode is very useful, but I always end up with a road surplus that I have to put somewhere before I can apply my changes. It's hard to rearrange the city to optimize space, only to have spend more time at the end finding additional space for roads I don't need or want anymore. They just get deleted as soon as changes are applied anyway, so it would be much easier and less time consuming to be able to get rid of them within construction mode.
Details
Would only need to add the delete button at the top of the screen in construction mode that would limit it's applicability to roads, or maybe just have a delete option appear once roads are the only thing left in the inventory that haven't been put back on the grid.
Balance
Should not cause an imbalance. Would just have to track happiness/resources that would be subtracted upon applying the changes.
Abuse Prevention
Can't see any way this could be abused
Summary
Make construction mode more convenient by allowing roads to be deleted. Would save time for players and allow quicker and more efficient reconfiguration of cities.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
yes - didn't find any results
Within construction mode, add in a delete option that's limited to just roads.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

Thunderdome

Emperor
I like this idea. However, we can work it so it can place event buildings back into inventory provided the player has a "store building" item in their inventory and/or sell buildings not needed when changes are made. Takes the task of trying to find which buildings to sell/put away so a new building can fit.

I like this idea. However, we can work it so it can place event buildings back into inventory provided the player has a "store building" item in their inventory and/or sell buildings not needed when changes are made. Takes the task of trying to find which buildings to sell/put away so a new building can fit.
I think that's a great idea. I don't care so much about the sell building feature within construction mode, but store building would be great if someone has those in their inventory.

I don't like how we cant place new buildings in the menu, how am I supposed to know if I want to build 100 blacksmiths if I don't know if that many will fit and in what configuration? Would have to be able to move roads for this too

not just roads please, any other building in inventory, or available from build menu should be buildable as well. any leftover non-event non-diamond buildings/roads should then be sold-off for cash/supplies if new layout is accepted. also, any it should be made possible to put any leftover event buildings in inventory using store item kit, if available. as for any leftover diamond buildings/roads the player must confirm manually what to do with them, obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.