• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: "Connection Lost" even though connection is fine.

TheFlyingMan

Merchant
Reproduction Steps:
Start application normally.
Switch to other application.
One minute later come back to FOE.
"Connection Lost" window is displayed (Please check your internet or Wi-Fi connection and try again, Red "Back to Login", Green "Retry")

Issue Description (10/10):
As above. No amount of "Retry" or "Back to Login" followed by a login attempt seems to get the application aware that the connection is actually fine (I have other applications using it and everything else finds that connection acceptable).

Player: TheFlyingMan
World: Dunarsund (ZZ Beta server)
Operating System: Android version 7.0, Kernel version 3.10.9-10949424 (29 Mar 2017) on Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (SM-T810)
Browser Version: N/A
Viewport Size:

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
Could not find any article with a keyword search of "Connection Lost".

DeletedUser

This is going to be very difficult to test to be honest. Connection drop outs can be affected by so many variables that reproducing the conditions is near impossible.
If others feel they are experiencing connection issues at a higher degree recently please post here, but without a lot of additional information and being able to see a pattern in reports, I don't know what else we can do with this one right now.

WillyWuff17

Squire
Can you check your powersave settings in android? As far as I remember there was something which causes the described issue. Don't remember exactly what has changed. Only read it somewhere.

DeletedUser8079

I see the same thing sometimes. On an Android cell phone.
It will show that icon on the right side that can mean either download an update or connection lost. Click it, retry, nothing changes, but it was fine in the first place anyway. If I ignore I can keep playing. If I retry it still shows but I can still play normally. Close and reopen app to make it go away, but it's just cosmetic and a nuisance. When I really have a connection issue it says session invalid or whatever and the option is to reload (which works), not to retry.

TheFlyingMan

Merchant
The power saving settings was (is ?) indeed the issue.
Fiddled with the settings, and now the session remains valid, even if the app is in the background for a while.

Thanks for the suggestion.