• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Combat - Troop Priorities

DeletedUser

In combat, there is one glaring omission. Troops are moved according to some "invisible" order of priority. As such, I am unable to prepare, in advance, which troop is to move first, etc. Please provide a change so that is something we can prepare when we setup our attacking/defending armies.

In addition, it would be very nice to add a "wait" option for troop movement. At present, if you don't yet want to move a troop, you cancel your movement altogether. Preferably we could have it pushed back maybe 2 or so initiative positions.

DeletedUser

That would be cool for sure!
About the wait option, you can remain on the same spot by just clicking on your character on the battlefield. Pusing wait button or troop, all stays the same in my opinion.

DeletedUser

Will add my suggestion to this thread as it is very close.

Also would be good to add ability to set position of your units (like in Heroes)

Example:
Unit in first cell will start on the top of the map (left). Unit in 4th cell will start in the middle etc

It will add more strategy to battles

DeletedUser

To add to that, i think it would be a nice change to see how far the unit can move when you mouse over him. For "friendly" units for sure, for enemy maybe too, unless it makes fights too easy.

DeletedUser

To be honest I like the way it is right now.
It is unpredictable (I'm even doubting this because I ALWAYS have to move my slingers before my spearmen) but think about real combat, in a real war nothing can be 100% predictable :)
It is possible for you to have good tactics even without knowing when you can move who (which you can see in fact but not exactly which spearman or slinger or any other unit of which you have more than 1).
The combat system is unique and nice in my opinion :)

DeletedUser

That's quite a good point soul. I think if it was more predictable they would have to improve the AI a bit too, as otherwise combat will be too easy.

DeletedUser

Unpredictability is one thing, but if you have initiative, and have to waste that initiative because the target is not within range, it's not very good. The idea of, "waiting til you see the whites of their eyes" is lost, and that's a pretty good tactic used in old age real warfare.

DeletedUser

My tactics are far better than the automated "finish the battle" for me button. I lose less ppl when I do it myself.

DeletedUser

well it's a bit predictable if you spent a lot time battling.. I know how far units will move etc (rocks/forest/bushes take more moves away. attack order is most of the time ballista > legionnaire > slinger > spear > mounted archer ;
My strategy is to see what the attack order is at the start and my first hits (if they do more than half of enemy hp in 1 hit I continue).
If I see I can win, I continue, if not I just surrender and try again so I don't lose any units.

DeletedUser

fortunately that's not the case Freaker. I have a catapult as the 1st and 7th troop moving, a spearfighter at 5th and 8th moving. They are also not moving according to starting location on the battlefield. Still trying to figure out if initial placement in the troop assignments has any bearing on initial placement on the map and/or initiative.