• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Collecting the productions

• Thread starter DeletedUser7425
  • Start date

DeletedUser7425

I can't collect all the things together. I have to click everything individually.

DeletedUser5097

It sometimes happens with me too. When you switch from NB's to guildmembers or
friends or one of the 3 I can collect again in a smooth way. So far I can tell it's
a few years in the game, but I got used to it and forgot about it. The bug seems
to appear at random or at least with no clear cause.
Not sure or there is a sollution or this may helps. Leaving your city, switching
between NB's, Guildmembers, friends, etc. seems to help. Refresh also often
helps.

DeletedUser

This has been in the game for some time and you are correct that the trigger was never determined. One theory was that sweep collecting over some special buildings may be the trigger, but we have not been able to confirm that.
If anyone is aware of certain actions that trigger it please let us know here, otherwise I am not sure there is much we can do at this time.

WillyWuff17

Squire
The Rosarium seems to trigger this very often for me.
Addional today after leveling a GB (St. Marks) - so collecting, leveling, collecting.

DeletedUser5882

Long time issue this and I haven't been able to spot what triggers this either.
But there is a very easy solution. Much easier than refreshing or opening the tech tree.

Simply open the build menu and then close it (by clicking the X)
It immediately resets to its normal sweep collecting behaviour

mcsp

Steward
I have the impression that, if the problem occurs, it is always when you started sweeping, but for one or another reason you released (?) the mouse button after collecting the first building ... (so, in fact, you only collected 1 building) ...
It looks to me that there is somewhere a pointer that remains in status"one-by-one" in stead of switching to "sweeping" as soon as you restart sweeping after that first collection ...

Last edited:

DeletedUser

I have the impression that, if the problem occurs, it is always when you started sweeping, but for one or another reason you released (?) the mouse button after collecting the first building ... (so, in fact, you only collected 1 building) ...

I tried this yesterday, collect 1 building, then click again and try to sweep collect. I did trigger the problem once, but only once, and I tried it at least 10 times. I think there is still another trigger going on here.
Thanks for the info though, I appreciate it :)

On beta I tend mostly to collect everything in one go, so I don't see this very often, but from the live (Norwegian) server, I have experienced this happening when:
- I have sweeped to collect productions from a small number of buildings, released the mouse button, and then try to sweep to collect productions from some more buildings.
- I have clicked to collect productions from individual buildings, and then try to sweep to collect.
- I have clicked and dragged the map to move around the city, and then try to sweep to collect.

I have not paid any real attention to how often this occurs, but on the live server I use 24 hours production cycles, so when they comein I do about 13-15 rounds of sweeping 6-8 buildings at a time (recurring quests), and I think it once or more each cycle.

Opening and closing the quest overview also resets sweeping so it works again.

mcsp

Steward
I can reproduce the problem in my city on beta, though not (yet) in my main city (same browser, same PC) ...

I'm NOT in full screen mode, and browser window is positioned to the left of my screen ...

Positioning of my city: Textile mill is on the right site of the browser window, and only a small part of it can be seen ...
When swiping, the mouse cursor leaves for a second the browser window, but I don't release the mouse button ...

1.125.514f332eea (24.04.2018 8:22), mcsp (120242), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Windows 8.1, Chrome/65.0.3325.181, 1863x997, OpenGL Vendor=WebKit Version=WebGL 2.0 (OpenGL ES 3.0 Chromium) Renderer=WebKit WebGL GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 3.00 (OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.0 Chromium) (512 MB VRAM)

Feel free to visit my city, or to make a copy ... :)

Edit: yesterday it worked fine, after I switched to flash-mode

Last edited:

Amy Steele

Regent
Hey folks, we were unable to reproduce this issue so far with the given steps. If anyone has discovered consistent reproduction steps, please do let us know :)

DeletedUser7942

Hey folks, we were unable to reproduce this issue so far with the given steps. If anyone has discovered consistent reproduction steps, please do let us know :)
Because I play a lot of cities daily I run into this problem often but for the life of me I can't reproduce it, it's like a phantom bug, once it happens and you try to do it again it's gone. Intermittent problems are a nightmare for every troubleshooter, ugh.

mcsp

Steward
Very strange, but the last 2 weeks or so, I didn't have the problem anymore ... in none of my cities ...
I still try to watch very carefully what I did in case it would happen again ...

I start wondering whether it could be triggered by an external program, like e.g. a virus scanner ...

Last edited:

Amy Steele

Regent
Archived for now, as we cannot reproduce this issue with any degree of consistency. If anyone has the steps to reproduce this issue consistently, please do let us know :)

Pafton

Viceroy
While I do not have the steps required for its consistent reproduction, I have encountered this bug several times, both on live and here. The latest was only a few minutes ago.

I believe its completely random, which must be making fixing it all the more harder.

DeletedUser5097

This has been in the game for some time and you are correct that the trigger was never determined. One theory was that sweep collecting over some special buildings may be the trigger, but we have not been able to confirm that.
If anyone is aware of certain actions that trigger it please let us know here, otherwise I am not sure there is much we can do at this time.
Dear Zarok I did some more ressearch in this case and came up with something that this
has always in common. What I think might happens but I don't know what does cause
it. I hope it may help to find it.

What I believe that happens, is that when you collect something and holds on browser eh
pc your left mouse button. The AI gets confussed and thinks you want to navigate through
your city. Since for navigating through your city you click and hold the left button on your
mouse. The result is that you can move through your city. The same happens when this
bug appears. Perhaps the AI gets confused and thinks you just want to move through your
city, not collecting stuff in a smooth sweep.
Okay so my resseach didn't stop with this. I have a kinda broken mouse. The thing clicks
by times twice while I click 1 time. This appears to tricker this bug much more. I think
what maybe does tricker this bug is that a very small connection faillure makes that you
collect something and ''clicks'' again and hold your left button. So the AI thinks you just
collected 1 thing and now wants to navigate. However the AI gets stuck in this state, untill
you refresh or switch between NB, Guildmembers or Friends. This might help the AI
thinking again and resets your expacted intentions.

Not sure or this is exactly what is caussing the bug, but maybe this theory will help
in finding it.:)

If anyone has the steps to reproduce this issue consistently
I will do some more resseach in this case for reliable reproduction steps. Currently I
think the system thinks you want to navigate through your city and gets stuck in
this state. I don't know how this is possible, but this may is related to the bug.

What might help in doing ressearch to this are pod-homes and a mouse that
does click by times twice instead of 1 time. I know it sounds wierd to bring up
hardware. Anyways I'll keep an eye open for this on live and Beta.

Last edited by a moderator: