• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Will Not Fix: Clicking on Social Bar, clicks on background Buildings too [46813]

Achaeus

Marquis
If my screen is positioned such that my city is under my Social Bar, then I click on anything in the bar, like Visit a Tavern, then what I clicked on comes up, plus whatever was underneath comes up too. For example if my Babel is under the Visit Tavern icon, the tavern window pops up, but so does the GB Window for my Babel.
This is true for any Icon in the lower left corner and for any building in my city.
I can prevent it by making sure there is only wilderness under the icons, but if I happen on an Incident the incident will pop up too.

1.120.d5fbae73e0 (09.02.2018 8:22), Achaeus (127556), zz1, en_US, WIN 28,0,0,161, Windows 7, Firefox/57.0, 1920x890, DirectX11 (Baseline Extended) (336 MB VRAM)

I also cannot hover over anything and get information about that building, button or option.

Edit Feb 10

Just to be clear this is not the same problem as mentioned in following posts which has been around for sometime. This actually opens the GB window and the Tavern window if the two are stacked on the screen. Displaying information while hovering is different and does not open the two windows.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7959

I confirm and want to add that it mostly happens when you are using touchpad (no issues with game mouse).

Andi47

Overlord
I experienced this quite often (Flash version), no touchpad, so only playing with mouse. I also keep getting tooltips from buildings under the social bar.

Workaround: Scroll your map in a way that the ocean is under your social bar before you start your aid/tavern round.

DeletedUser

I have tested this several times in HTML5 and can not reproduce it.
As long as my mouse stays within the social bar, anything I click I am not getting click through. I purposely positioned my city under the bar so there were many buildings behind it.
If anyone is still experiencing this please let me know the steps you did leading up to it as there seems to be a trigger I am missing, Thank you.

Achaeus

Marquis
I have tested this several times in HTML5 and can not reproduce it.
As long as my mouse stays within the social bar, anything I click I am not getting click through. I purposely positioned my city under the bar so there were many buildings behind it.
If anyone is still experiencing this please let me know the steps you did leading up to it as there seems to be a trigger I am missing, Thank you.

Zarok, Ice Dragon had done a big update and it seems a lot of things were pretty screwy, so I switched over to Opera and played there for a while without a problem. I went back to Ice Dragon after a day or two and things seemed to be running better and the problem was not present. I think the issue was something Ice Dragon did in their update.

DeletedUser

So I have tested this further.
The only time I get the background popups is when I drag my mouse pointer across my city into the social bar, then I end up with popups from buildings in the background.
If I can actually get my pointer to the social bar without popups dragging along, then clicking anywhere in the social bar does not produce click through. This is in HTML5 on Chrome.
I can also confirm the exact same behavior with the chat window. dragging into it carries popups, but if you are in the window without popups then clicking anywhere in the chat window does not experience click through.
If anyone else would like to confirm, or disprove my findings, I welcome it.
Thanks all :)