• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion Click Click Click Recurring Quests

How on earth did you get to SAAB and still do not know how it works?
I think the OP knows exactly how it works, just he/she does not like how it works, therefore he/she ask Inno to change it. 13 or 15 or 11 clicks is a detail based on era, and if the military related quests are showing up or not, that is not the real issue. The real issue is that you have to do a lot of clicks (8, 11, 13, other number) to get back to one of the few recurring quests you are interested to do next. Perform a reduced number of clicks is not make the game easier, just a possible way to use more effectively the time you allow (or can allow) your game session to be.

How many players do all recurring quests while staying in an Era? I have never heard of one.
How many players do consistently more than 5 or 6 different recurring quests?

Most players that I know, from 15+ worlds, stick to 3 or 4 consistently (while camping at recurring quests for any amount of days or weeks). The most frequent are (usually several times in the day, alone or mixed with others):
  • Un-birthday Party: Pay X amount of coins & Y amount of supplies (usually several times in the day, alone or mixed with others)
  • Fnord: Collect X amount of coins.
  • Spink: Gather X amount of supplies
  • R'lyeh: Spend X number of FPs
I usually stick to those above with
  • Spink done just one or two times in a game session,
  • Fnord as many times as my coins production and rewards from other quests allow,
  • Unbirthday Party until my supplies reach a pre-selected level I wish not to pass below, and
  • R'leyh as many times my FPs collected, rewards in FPs, and some of my FP Packages allow (not wanting my FP Packages reach 0 everyday).
Recurring Quests asking for:
  • X productions in a particular supply production of current Era? Well ok if I have enough buildings of that type in my city to be able to complete the quest at city collection time in one go.
  • Increase Happiness by X amount? Not fun in building and deleting decorations or cultural buildings over and over again until reach the goal amount. Better keep those at inventory for sale to the Auction Dealer.
  • Military related recurring quests asking to have X of a particular unit and Y of another unit? sometimes the reason to skip this one when pops up is that I have not unlocked the tech for that military building yet and not wanting to wait if random unattached units form GE or other sources drop by; or that those units dont fit in my fighting style. Or just I have enough units to prevent the quest to pop up.

DeletedUser8707

They could make 2 options when finishing a RQ, having Collect and Collect/repeat making the quest repeat its self again.
, quest loops became very short if we get such option... still current Asteroid Belt age gave lotsa quest´s what sane person just skip after got diamonds(few special persons say that they use these to get SAAB goods.... special really) eg.

"Win 20 battles or solve a very complex negotiation AND pay 150 SAAB goods or 200 SAM goods"

, there is few more where PAY hundreds goods is second option... Im just wondering why such condition is added - Events eat goods but recurrings shuold give them or convert coins/suplies to goods..

AllamHRK

Baronet
It really becomes exhausting over time to do the same thing over and over again, especially when it is at least unnecessary. In case you are going to take advantage of these recurring missions to earn goods, you have to cancel several other missions until you reach the desired mission, this is quite exciting, but I understand that there are several game profiles, some will use certain missions, others will choose others , there’s no way Inno can simply remove certain missions because some people don’t use them. What I propose is simple, create a playlist of recurring missions that can be accessed in the settings section of the game, where each player could select through a checkbox which missions he wants to do, which missions are useful for him.

In this way, for example, the player does an "X" mission right after that the same mission automatically returns to him, without the need to cancel missions that he has no interest in. I believe that this would solve this problem in a way that benefits everyone.
1589063192579.png

1BFA

Viceroy
It really becomes exhausting over time to do the same thing over and over again, especially when it is at least unnecessary. In case you are going to take advantage of these recurring missions to earn goods, you have to cancel several other missions until you reach the desired mission, this is quite exciting, but I understand that there are several game profiles, some will use certain missions, others will choose others , there’s no way Inno can simply remove certain missions because some people don’t use them. What I propose is simple, create a playlist of recurring missions that can be accessed in the settings section of the game, where each player could select through a checkbox which missions he wants to do, which missions are useful for him.

In this way, for example, the player does an "X" mission right after that the same mission automatically returns to him, without the need to cancel missions that he has no interest in. I believe that this would solve this problem in a way that benefits everyone.
View attachment 5310

With the introduction of direct input of fps to gbs, arent RQ's dying bread? It is very risky to slowly quest thru adding fps when someone can jump in and type in the fps to snipe. Yes admit I did some RQs when new age was released...but it has already slowed down.

Nessie

Baronet
the easiest solution is, when a RQ has been solved and harvested, we have to be offered the same RQ as the first offer again

I fully agree, that's the easiest solution and that way players keep all RQs but don't have to spend additional hours a week with stupid clicking.
Most players took care to have a rather high Chateau Frontenac and wish to enjoy this but the way it is right now there's only stress... CLICK CLICK CLICK

DeletedUser9115

In SAM, when doing RQ's, you could put them in order where you didn't have to click all around the place all the time, four clicks here, one just a tad lower and two or three below that. Now in SAAB, questboxes are different sixzes so clickin all over the place is needed atleast as long as all story quests are done, afterr that ordering can be done to some extent. And it's frustrating as he.. that all boxes vary the size. atleast put the abort button the same place all the time.

DeletedUser8858

It is now an increasing punishment to keep moving up in ages, the clicking has reached ridiculous levels. SaM was what 8 clicks and with UBQ? So 2 chances at reward, now its 12 or 13 with one chance only, so 24-26 clicks for that same outcome in SaM. In reality it's now 3x the punishment as SaM was. I cannot fathom a reason to remove UBQ, at least it gave us something to do with supplies and the cost increase always outpaced the reward increase each new age anyway. If you want to destroy Repeatable Quest's, make it the same for *every* age, stop punishing endgame players more and more.

GBG has become nothing but endless flag camping by dominant guilds swapping tiles with their allies loaded with siege camps. Another feature which is just a joke now since they can get so many personal rewards for trading tiles every 4 hours. Everyone is just flocking to those top dominant guilds like crazy now, good luck even getting off the beach if you dont do the same!

GvG is all but ruined since its no longer Guild Vs Guild. Stupid cheap siege costs, meaningless defense, one man wrecking crews, ghosts ad naseum etc. Dominant guild doesn't like you while they sit in the far corners of maps unreachable? Deal with their 10-20 alt's in other guilds endlessly sieging you to drain your goods should you even looks sideways at them. Note they don't have to spend anything to do so, cheat? Never, its just some person in that guild attacking you now, funny thing with all of them is its never during reset if dominant guild has stuff to do during reset as well! With attack and defense values attainable now + auto battle, sector defense is useless, you either watch maps 24/7 or kiss your goods/troops goodbye. GvG was the staple that drew me here to begin with, so much for that now.

The 50% diamond buys have been reduced to 40% a few months ago even with increased spending in GbG. Seriously? I've spent how much on this game and you want to do something like that? No thanks, the true colors are really starting to bleed through, players can take a back seat to profits even the really loyal ones who have spent lots of money.

Oh but wait! Another event is just around the corner, soooo much fun to do the quests! How many times has something like gain 30k happiness come up this event so far? 3 or more? No one can come up with any better ideas? Oh yes, make them gain 30k happiness and pay 2million coin!

I've worn out 4 mice with the endless clicking over the years. I really had hoped things would improve given the change to something long fought against by devs, i.e the FP entry box. But alas many other things continue to fall on deaf ears and continually go downhill without change, just ignore it or keep giving excuses.

I have seen a great number of people quit over the last couple years, even personal friends, yet all these accounts are still active, still in the same guilds just not saying or playing the same anymore. Guess accounts are just mysteriously playing themselves now. "Thanks for your report, we'll pretend to look into it. Nothing to see here, move along now, people really are not quitting the game."

Enjoy my rant and all the endless clicking in your future. Personally, I cringe at the thought of how much worse it will be in Space Age Venus and think it might be a good time to exit stage left permanently.

I wont be responding to comments, the trolls can move along.

DeletedUser8707

It is now an increasing punishment to keep moving up in ages, the clicking has reached ridiculous levels. SaM was what 8 clicks and with UBQ? So 2 chances at reward, now its 12 or 13 with one chance only, so 24-26 clicks for that same outcome in SaM. In reality it's now 3x the punishment as SaM was. I cannot fathom a reason to remove UBQ, at least it gave us something to do with supplies and the cost increase always outpaced the reward increase each new age anyway. If you want to destroy Repeatable Quest's, make it the same for *every* age, stop punishing endgame players more and more.

GBG has become nothing but endless flag camping by dominant guilds swapping tiles with their allies loaded with siege camps. Another feature which is just a joke now since they can get so many personal rewards for trading tiles every 4 hours. Everyone is just flocking to those top dominant guilds like crazy now, good luck even getting off the beach if you dont do the same!

GvG is all but ruined since its no longer Guild Vs Guild. Stupid cheap siege costs, meaningless defense, one man wrecking crews, ghosts ad naseum etc. Dominant guild doesn't like you while they sit in the far corners of maps unreachable? Deal with their 10-20 alt's in other guilds endlessly sieging you to drain your goods should you even looks sideways at them. Note they don't have to spend anything to do so, cheat? Never, its just some person in that guild attacking you now, funny thing with all of them is its never during reset if dominant guild has stuff to do during reset as well! With attack and defense values attainable now + auto battle, sector defense is useless, you either watch maps 24/7 or kiss your goods/troops goodbye. GvG was the staple that drew me here to begin with, so much for that now.

The 50% diamond buys have been reduced to 40% a few months ago even with increased spending in GbG. Seriously? I've spent how much on this game and you want to do something like that? No thanks, the true colors are really starting to bleed through, players can take a back seat to profits even the really loyal ones who have spent lots of money.

Oh but wait! Another event is just around the corner, soooo much fun to do the quests! How many times has something like gain 30k happiness come up this event so far? 3 or more? No one can come up with any better ideas? Oh yes, make them gain 30k happiness and pay 2million coin!

I've worn out 4 mice with the endless clicking over the years. I really had hoped things would improve given the change to something long fought against by devs, i.e the FP entry box. But alas many other things continue to fall on deaf ears and continually go downhill without change, just ignore it or keep giving excuses.

I have seen a great number of people quit over the last couple years, even personal friends, yet all these accounts are still active, still in the same guilds just not saying or playing the same anymore. Guess accounts are just mysteriously playing themselves now. "Thanks for your report, we'll pretend to look into it. Nothing to see here, move along now, people really are not quitting the game."

Enjoy my rant and all the endless clicking in your future. Personally, I cringe at the thought of how much worse it will be in Space Age Venus and think it might be a good time to exit stage left permanently.

I agree some but not all.

SAAB recurrings have also NEW ridiculous feature,

+ PAY 200 to 350 your age or age below goods

, why is this added. Recurrings are done so they may give something back but paying 200 to 350 and getting 5 to 40 back... even if option is pay 20 your chance get something back is low enough that quest is skipped allways after diamonds are done from it.

DeletedUser7107

Yes I agree 13 moves between the quests you use is really irritating and needs to be sorted.
I am hoping that when the 3rd storyline quests are completed they will be less.
You will have 3 quest lines, and yes 13 clicks to cycle thru them

DeletedUser7107

I agree about GvG, it has become pointless and the rewards just aren't worth the effort. GbG has exasperated the issue because the personal rewads are so good. My issue with GbG is the fact I keep ending up in platinum but with only 26 members I can't compete with the large guilds, and yes it is hell just getting off the beach.. I think they could definitely rewrite the parameters determining when you advance and or which guilds are on the same map. With equal guilds competing the province swapping can definitely be broken up, plus the cost of the siege camps in goods also has a tendency to slow things down a bit, especially toward the end of eac session

Hedning1390

Farmer
Isn't the problem that diamond league is so narrow? From 900 to 1000 there is no room for differentiation even if there are more than 1 group. lets say 8 1000pts guilds are put in the same group, then 2 will fight in platinum next round and 1 will be considered a low tier diamond guild and paired with those that just got to diamond, completely regardless if all 8 were very similar in power and should continue fighting each other.

In chess you gain or lose ranking pts depending on the ranking of your opponents you play, not depending on tier threshold lines. That seems to work a lot better.

lordgarth2

Farmer
I am in SAAB and atm got two recurring quests which cost me 13 (THIRTEEN) clicks. Where is the fun?

SAM was bad enough with 8 clicks between recurring quests; I honestly thought it couldn't get worse. I was very naive.

InnoGames, reduce some stupid recurring quests that don't make sense anyway - so many players would be thankful :)
I still can't get past all those same lng quests and like you 13 clicks what a pain. The only thing I haven't tried to shorten the clicks is click on each one and not abort it to see if that gets rid of them

1BFA

Viceroy
There are too many clicks in SAAB. Venus is just around the corner, how many clicks can be expected?

maybe 15..with multiple fighting and trading quests....click click click...points points points...

Last edited by a moderator:

aquila scutum

Merchant
The recurring quests are not there to farm the game by making thousands of clicks. People who do this recurring quests in this way have no life. Do every recurring quest when you get it and that's it, enjoy the game.

In SAAB there are a lot of good recurring quest to do, not only 2.
-Collect coins and supply
-Spend 200 fp
-Spend 150 fp
-Win a battle and collect 500 goods
-Recruit 5 units of your age
-Defeat 40 units
-Win 12 battles without loosing
-Collect 4 incidents or collect Antique dealer
-Motivate 40 players or activate a bonus on tavern

So when I collect my city I can easily do all this quests when they come, rarely I repeat the same quest. In total I think I miss only 5 quest which are not worth to do it. So believe me SAAB is much better on recurring quest than any other era.
(Of course introducing a system where you get an instant reward when you complete these task will be much more efficient then doing these recurring quests but this is INNO company, not Blizzard, your expectations are too high).

Once per day.

If that is enough for you , ok. But other players play several times in a day and each play session may last one hour or more. Completing a quest may take just a minute, and then what? Stop playing because you already did all RQs today?

Edit:
Today I completed the 64 GE encounters, two plus levels in a morning session, and up to level IV after work. Why limit myself to run the RQs of Win 12 battle in a row, Defeat 40 units, and Recruit 5 units of my age just once per day if I will do 50 or 64 battles at GE, defeat 100's of units, and win units of my age during GE?

GBG starts tomorrow, many players complete 100 or more battles in a day during GBG. Any logic reason to limit the battle related RQs to just once per day if they are going to do 100+ battles per day?

Last edited: