• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected City raster or grid

Status
Not open for further replies.

bromtor

Squire
Reason
Greater grid or raster
Details
gameplay
Balance
none
Abuse Prevention
no
Summary
why so many questions for 1 idea no fun to bring this way
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
dont no
Why not create a new grid now its 4 x 4 can be easely 16 x 16 not much changes in the game core yeh gives 1 time big problem
You catch simply first login for players world the city is at the build mode and that way player is forced to rearange the city.
The machines from today can easely handle every zoom in/out function.

Now you have major problem every action building is great or need many space i miss the old way 1 building a good one also players will spend often a little money
to get that one good building speak for my self now there no atraction for small players to spend some 1 grid space and small players dont have that much resources
in there town.

1 player can earn more pieces with medals
2 players do mostly spend there diamonds for extention city ( i did tll it cost 1000 a piece )
3 city can be more atractive many players wanted it.
4 its good for the warlords ( like me ) or just for those who love a nice city.

So many things better the grid or raster is really no longer from this time.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

Cardena

Squire
If than had only a quarter of the expansions we have now, that would make thinks more complicated and not easier.

If you have 4 expansion you can now put them on different parts of the city. This is very convinient, at least for me. You cannot do this when you only get one big expansion.

So I do not like this idea

bromtor

Squire
Same space as now but not a 4 x4 but a 8 x 8 or 16 x 16 same size fit on old place looks only smaller but the machines can easy zoom in/out
For the data base it needs a multiply 4 x 4 than its 8 x 8
Whole city grid can be x 2
example data now

a0 a1 a2 a3
b0 b1 b2 b3
c0 c1 c2 c3
d0 d1 d2 d3

extended data
80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87
90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97
a0 a1 a2 a3 a4 a5 a6 a7
b0 b1 b2 b3 b4 b5 b6 b7
c0 c1 c2 c3 c4 c5 c6 c7
d0 d1 d2 d3 d4 d5 d6 d7
e0 e1 e2 e3 e4 e5 e6 e7
f0 f1 f2 f3 f4 f5 f6 f7

and so on same square size only more rows and colums problem whole city grid needs replacement otherwise gonne look strange
when a building stand on a0 till a2 row a0 till c2 thats 3 x 3 with extencion stll sit on that place so every thing needs replace to get connected again
Same size looks smaller zoom x1 for the game it dasn matter only the build up needs adjustments.

And with todays machines at least 64 bits one byte you can have lots off rows and colums but it must be a balance between big and speed
the bigger the slower ,this game develept in a time internet not that quick as now so yes grid no longer from this time with
all our highspeed connections.Also the Graphic Card from now or then so more faster
Time from FoE i think CPU where double core and now how many core`s and threats things go fast.

A computer is only a thing dasnt make mistakes its the people behind it who made the mistakes ,computers dumb things
nows only 0 or 1 ( on or off ) thats all.And its the teamworking off all its ( 0 or 1 ) componends that gives us the fun.

Last edited:

Cardena

Squire
What does the screen resolution have to do with this?

If this game is going to exist, more eras will come and more space will be needed. So we the grid today will be smaller on the screen tomorrow when new expansion will be added.

bromtor

Squire
Can be endless but double will do , when its to small zoom it in its already in the game , you think its to big zoom out.
That way screen size dont really matters nowedays all devices have at least HD resolution.

No issues with zoom. The issues are with available unused grid areas size/shape vs new expansion size/shape.

For example, in my top developed city (EN4 Dinegu) I got the following areas available in the current grid to place new expansions:
  • North Area: No place available for new expansions.
  • South Area: A row for three (3) new expansions
  • East Area: A column for five (5) new expansions
  • West Area: column for ten (10) new expansions.
Summary: I have space available for 18 new current 4x4 expansions.

However:
  • If new expansions are 16x16 or 8x8, then I would not be able to place them.
  • If new expansions are 8x4, then I could place one at the south border leaving a 4x4 lot unable to use, and no expansions could be placed at West or East areas.
  • If new expansions are 4x8 then I could use them at the East or West side but would not be able to use them to expand to the last three (3) locations at my South border.
Until the current grid grows, and even when it grows placing of larger expansions would depend on how it grows.

Bottom line: Expansions shall stay as 4x4.

What could be changed is getting more than one (1) expansion at the same time, similar to the expansions for the SAM era's colony, more than one are unlocked in the same research tech.

bromtor

Squire
The whole city stand on a grid i dont mettion only the extensions for the city i talk about the whole grid

It not possible different size for extensions in or outside city so al have to x 2 thats shure possible but al things then needs adjusment.
More extensions not needed thats one off the things thats good grow get more earn get more or dia ( piece with that )

The whole grid is now diveded by 4 same space devide by 8 then only needs more rows cels 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 a b c d e f

Example english not my birth launguage so sorry for that draw a square place x at the left upper corner in a square 4 x 4 make the same square 8 x8 das the mark move no stand on same row and cel but now theres 4 extra free right from it free and also 4 more extra under it
The only thing that needed is ad more rows
Data counts hex 0-3 , 4-7 , 8-b , c-f

Last edited:
As an OCD person I have only used expansions to make perfect squares, but the rest of this idea to do a different type grid I'm confused by.

Status
Not open for further replies.