• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Implemented City Planner Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
Proposal:
A (preferrably in-game) city planner tool where one can design new lay-outs for a city. This should include all buildings of any age as well as expansions.

Have you checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else?
Yes I have checked.
Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
No, not as far as I could see.

Reason:
The current in-game tool is NO planning tool, it is just a convenience tool for temporarily storing buildings, before putting them back. BUT: What would be the best lay-out? Currently there is no in-game tool to help one deciding on what would be the best lay-out for one’s city.

Details:
It would be a tool where one can try out new city lay-outs. This by e.g. having a list of all buildings in one column and next to that a large lay-out field for designing a city.

Visual Aids:
I could place mock-ups here, but I’m afraid those would be considered inappropriate, since these would derive from a 3rd party source.

Balance:
As far as I can see, there would be no impact on other game features.

Abuse Prevention:
To my knowledge my proposal does not open up possible exploits or make it possible for players to cheat.

Summary:
I would very much like to have a city planner tool (preferrably in-game) , because the current in-game tool for redesigning a city is just not sufficient in my opinion:
• The current in-game tool is NO planning tool, it is just a convenience tool for temporarily storing buildings, before putting them back.
- BUT: What would be the best lay-out?
- Currently there is no mechanism to save drafts for a new city lay-out, which would be a huge improvement imho.
• With a city planner tool one should be able to redesign (position of buildings etc.) one’s city which is a totally different intake compared to the current in-game tool.

Last edited:
This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.
only about 13% until we reach my 80% target
And then what?
The development team will come to your house, with fanfares and golden sprinkles and carry you through the city because you are so glorious?

Get real, man. 80 percent on a freaking poll will not change anything. And some votes here will not change the time schedule for this game, at all.

Outlaw Dread

Baronet
Three days before you posted this the city planner you mention was shut down and no longer works.
I know, and that is a real, real shame, I expressed my disappointment, but essentially was told that it was a decision by Inno, and that is pretty much that.

Why they knowingly shut down a community of FOE players, and blocked the use of a tool that encouraged more city development, I just can’t figure out.

In my case at least (sample size 1, so probably meaningless) it did prompt me to spend some diamonds, as playing around with different layouts during events showed the value of spending for some extra event buildings (e.g. extra train cars in winter event).

However, as neither the developer nor anyone can get any explanation from Inno, I think we have to assume this is a non-negotiable area.

So maybe this proposal bears reconsidering.

Status
Not open for further replies.