• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Discussion City Grid Expansion

The current City Grid is about to be completely full when new expansions released for SAV era are placed down. To where and for how many expansions it will / should grow?
Should expansions reach the ocean? Should the Friends Tavern and or Auction Dealer be relocated? Lets talk about space.

MooingCat

Viceroy
Spoiler Poster
Well, if they need it in the future they can always change the current background and move the outside buildings further out.

With the current layout there is plenty of space down by the oceanic terminal for example, and they could probably also move the antiques dealer and tavern a bit to make room for more expansions up there.

-Alin-

Emperor
It will be made like it was in 2014, when they expanded the grid(made a completely new layout) and added a lot more expansions but in a strange shape, It was strange because people were used with the square shape it was before, 10x10 or 12x12 expansions, cant remember exactly.

Umbrathor

Baronet
Running out of expansion slots is something only players in the Space Ages will run into. It makes sense to me to create expansion slots in space. Or maybe floating buildings / a floating expansion grid.

I was not referring to outer space, but to talk about space/area of the city grid, to where to expand, if outer buildings should be relocated....

Space at "outer space" is covered by space ages colonies, this discussion is about city space (city grid space).

CrashBoom

Legend
a bigger city grid should expand in all 4 directions

because not every direction is equally good for all players to increase their city

-Alin-

Emperor
Like I said, at the beggining were only 10x10 expansions and a smaller landscape, rocks, trees, everything related to the surrounding of the city was different.
Captură de ecran 2021-04-19 095626.jpg
They updated to this after the half of 2014, and expanded all city surroundings and made a completely new landscape.
Captură de ecran 2021-04-19 100004.jpg

It shouldnt be so hard for them again to move all buildings from city surroundings and make the landscape bigger again.

ehh, the current size of the map was not already made at 2014 iirc, it was only a short while after Oceanic Future was announced, and that's more like 2016 or 2017 iirc :)

-Alin-

Emperor
ehh, the current size of the map was not already made at 2014 iirc, it was only a short while after Oceanic Future was announced, and that's more like 2016 or 2017 iirc :)

Totally wrong, new city layout was made before the PME, which was launched on 8 May 2014 here on beta.
Because in ME You nearly reached the entire grid of 10x10 expansions.
Screenshot_2021-04-21-21-42-23-1992410823.png

-Alin-

Emperor
well, then there was another expansion afterwards, because i do remember one such occasion clearly, and it was more recent than PME release.

You remember only the rework made on graphics of the city landscape, grass and green colors accents, water and rocks have been updated in 2016-2017 as You remember, but the expansions grid remain the same since 2014.

49 new expansions would be needed if returning to a new square shape (16x16) is desired.

A complete and nice square should be nice to have again, so 49 expansions should be perfect.