• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Will Not Fix: chat censors words like "perfekt" and "effektiv" (german for "perfect" and "effective")

Andi47

Overlord
  • Browser and Version: Google Chrome Version 80.0.3987.149 (Offizieller Build) (64-Bit); game version 1.176.830eb3a5621 (02.04.2020 20:05)
  • Overview of the bug:
1.) in the chat or in a message type the german words "perfekt" (engl.: perfect) or "effektiv" (engl.: effective, efficient) and send the message
--> the word is ****'ed out.

Why are these words censored? I don't see any dirty words here, or is there something in an old Irish or Welsh dialect or so?
  • Screenshots: none
  • How often this occurs: every time when a chat message or a message in the message board contains one of the words "perfekt" or "effektiv" (P.S.: I have also observed this in the German version of the game)
  • Urgency: hmmm..., it's a bit strange and irritating, but not very urgent
  • Preventative Actions: use the English words instead of the German ones
  • Summary: The words "Perfekt" (engl.: perfect) and "effektiv" (engl. effective or efficient) are censored with **** for no known reason

Pafton

Viceroy
So I have been told that words like "perfekt" and "effektiv" are censored out as the "fek" part can be considered as an Irish way of using the F-word, which is not allowed by the system.

Andi47

Overlord
lol - ¿and the censoring system can't distinguish between whole words and words where the dirty part is only part of a longer word?

and it also censors german (and other language) message systems, where maybe 0.0001% of the participants know the Irish language and slang?

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
lol - ¿and the censoring system can't distinguish between whole words and words where the dirty part is only part of a longer word?

and it also censors german (and other language) message systems, where maybe 0.0001% of the participants know the Irish language and slang?

The partial word censorship has long been a thing in inno's system. "Arsenal" for instance is censored for a partial word ;)