• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Forwarded Character restrictions for guild/player names

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArklurBeta

Baronet
Reason
Currently there is a guild on US1 with the name of "⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀" (⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ -> https://foe.scoredb.io/US1/Guild/36792). It's bit of a non-sense that a guild can have a name like that :).
Details
I think restricting the usable characters would make sense, limiting to "human-readable" characters only. Maybe a few unicode characters should be fine though...?
Balance
N/A
Abuse Prevention
N/A
Summary
Obviously not a big issue, though I do see more guilds popping up with "hard to search" names, but...probably would be better no to have special characters in guild/player names.
Have you looked to see if this has already been suggested?
I did try to check, though it's hard to search for "guild name" and find if anyone has brought this idea up.
Restrict the characters to be used for guild/player names.

This suggestion has been forwarded. Votes are no longer accepted.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
I'd be in favor of this idea. Some guilds use special characters that actually make them impossible to search with a normal keyboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.