• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Changes to Road costs in Vikings and Feudal Japan

DeletedUser

I just read the announcement to this thread. Actually, if people remove streets temporarily in order to increase their diplomacy they do so because it is necessary and not because they want to "unbalance" the game. If you don't want this increase the diplomacy available from the diplomacy buildings. Anyway, you used the old worn-down argument of "balance" of the game again. This is not an argument at all, it's an evasion. Please be honest for once and admit that your one and only reason is that you want the players to buy more diamonds!
I would give a hundred likes to that if I only could...

MasterofDeath

Merchant
I guess no matter how poorly this is being implemented, we seemed to be stuck with it. I really don't know what Inno is thinking. even spending diamonds doesn't buy roads. Why sabotage 2 settlements so randomly. even more frustratingly, there is no announcement when you delete a road. It's the only thing that costs cultural goods yet swipe you mouse by accident and you can sell pieces of the road by accident.

Heinrich IV

Merchant
It is definitly required to have at least a message box for teh road to avoid acidently deteling. Today I deleted a road by a missclick. So 200 deben lost by a simple wrong click. This is very hard on start of the settlement :(.

MasterofDeath

Merchant
It is definitly required to have at least a message box for teh road to avoid acidently deteling. Today I deleted a road by a missclick. So 200 deben lost by a simple wrong click. This is very hard on start of the settlement :(.
I just did the same thing, trying to delete a couple buildings to put up totems for diplomacy points and I was must have missed. It is just too easy and no warning.
This road cost has me hoarding roads, where I'd normally put runestones, I put extra roads, so I'm selling MORE diplomacy buildings than before. Really the Viking diplomacy buildings are so slow in worth and 360 more are needed to completed to finish than Japan. But that's a side issue.

One possible change is to make some of the quest rewards cultural coins instead of supplies or coins or just another self aid if the daily allowance is so low and they aren't going to change the cost of roads.

I guess I am making more of a fuss than most because the rewards, especially the Ygg tree with the military boosts are indispensable. I don't plan on just not doing settlements, either here or in my real game. There I am focusing on Vikings before any changes are made since they are harder to do.

Last edited:
I also noticed the rewards for main building at max level has been updated. I can't see it in the changelogs..? Maybe it was mentioned earlier somehwere. The royal bathouse now provides 12fp and 10 units instead of 8/8 as was shown before.

DeletedUser9570

Thank you for listening to the users for once but you should, at least, reduce the road costs in the Japanese settlements.

DeletedUser9396

Darn it. :) There goes my excuse for cutting down on Foe time. Thank you for reverting the roads change.