• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Changelog for Version 1.244, I find it absolutely disturbing

Fenix

Viceroy
Today I saw the translation of the next change log on the official forum on my server. I found the text absolutely appalling, and insulting to players. What a lack of respect for the players, and above all the lack of professionalism is extremely bad.
Whoever wrote the original "deserves a medal"

Last edited:

Fenix

Viceroy
These extra comments may be ok in an informal setting, but not in an official communication describing changes in the next update. Let's be professionals, not kids.

Harold Nat

Squire
Baking Sudoku Master
Actually I also start to feel a bit annoyed by them. There is no need to make jokes for every line of update. Sometimes, less is more...

Fenix

Viceroy
don't blame Inno
it was the Google translator
o_O
I wished, lol. But no, unfortunately for all "collaborators", even those who receive nothing, they do not have free will, they are obliged to translate all the rubbish, even if they do not agree with them.

Kronan

Viceroy
I'll just say this (after decades of software engineering...) the humor is appreciated, but NOT unique to updating products.

Take a look at what Google, Youtube and a host of others have been doing for years with their mobile (iPhone, Android) updates. It's funny stuff, and I see absolutely no reason that, within the bounds of professionalism, humor can't exist.

Update notices do not have to be clinically sterile, dry and mundane expressions of purely technical data.

What would bother me a LOT MORE is if they just said: Bug fixes and product improvements.

No animals were harmed making the update or delivering it, no one was shot or injured, no one was slurred, everyone's rights were preserved, and it's not a bad thing to remember that the people making this game are fellow human beings, too. They laugh like us, and have families like us and it's good to see they can take the game seriously, and make fun of themselves (or even us...) in the same breath.

Keep doing it as respectfully as you've done, Inno. As a fellow software engineer, I truly believe it does not reduce your professionalism in any way, shape or form.

But in this modern world, everyone will share their opinions, of course.

Last edited: