• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Rejected change the design of "SoK" and "terrace farms"...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dessire

Regent
(english is not my native language so try to not focus your comment on this...thank you)

so 60% to 90% of your city is composed by SoKs and terrace farms?
you are tired of change of era and see the same visual design in your city?

what about if the "visual design" of SoK's and Terrace Farms changes to a more similar design of your era?

doesn't matter if im in the future era or artic future era or oceanic future era, always looks similar because most of my buildings are SoKs and terrace farms. with a change in the design of those types of buildings atleast our city will represent in a better way the era that we are in.

post your opinion about the idea of change the visual design of buildings like SoKs and terrace farms.

This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.

DeletedUser8859

Very few buildings change their visual design with Era increase, like Town Hall and Tavern for example. Each design represent a cost to Inno. Maybe we could have three (3) designs of Shrines / Terrace Farms instead of an individual design for each era (too reduce costs for Inno):
  • one (current one) covering from Stone to Late Middle Age,
  • another from Colonial up to PME(?),
  • and last one for the remaining Eras up to OF.
Shrines: A shrine is a holy or sacred place, which is dedicated to a specific deity, ancestor, hero, martyr, saint, daemon, or similar figure of awe and respect, at which they are venerated or worshipped. Shrines often contain idols, relics, or other such objects associated with the figure being venerated. A shrine at which votive offerings are made is called an altar.
  • By definition Shrines are not limited to antique rustic wooden stick structures like the SOK and the other 2 Shrines we got at FOE.
  • We could have Shrines built with bricks, or other materials, shapes.
  • The Alamo in San Antonio Texas is considered an "historic shrine". (But "The Alamo" as a 2x2 building ?)
  • Lenin's Mausoleum in Moscow, Russia is another "historic shrine". (Another too big complex building to fit as a 2x2).
Terrace Farms: In agriculture, a terrace is a piece of sloped plane that has been cut into a series of successively receding flat surfaces or platforms, which resemble steps, for the purposes of more effective farming. How to change the visual of a Terrace Farm from Middle Ages to be different than a Industrial Era, or a Future Age Terrace Farm?
  • Insert horse or ox vs fuel-motor farm equipment?
  • change look of fences / materials used?
  • change color of plants / crops being harvested?
  • clothes, hats used by people on the farm?
  • electricity illumination?

DeletedUser7779

Costs? Hey, we all know they love drawing :p
I very much like the idea, it would really give the city the specific Era look. My main city on live doesn't look OF at all heh

DeletedUser8859

Easier to ask / obtain two (2) additional shrines visual designs, plus two (2) additional Terrace Farms visual designs than how many? 30+ additional designs?

Dessire

Regent
for TF you can put some tractors in the field, or other types of vehicles.. just check how looks the virtual era's goods buildings, some of them still looking rural but with the technology of the era.

and zwucki, thank you for your opinion. as you said, my city and cities of other players doesnt look like the era where they are, doens't matter the era, always look pretty similar because the shrines and TF, a visual change could be good.

SirSmithy

Squire
I was already thinking about this. I hate, that they create great designs for the eras, and I keep seeing only farms and SOKs.
I would really like if they would have different design per era.

+1000 (at least) for the idea.

DeletedUser7951

yeah, I like it. . Ofc a shrine from the LMA would still have to look like a SMA shrine even if the player itself is in Oceanic age.

Wouldn't mind it if the design wasn't era specific but more epochs, like Darrth suggested.

Dessire

Regent
I was already thinking about this. I hate, that they create great designs for the eras, and I keep seeing only farms and SOKs.
I would really like if they would have different design per era.

+1000 (at least) for the idea.
thank you for your opinion! i think like you :)

Pafton

Viceroy
The suggestion does sound interesting, and it would certainly help to alleviate the mundanity in our cities which we have to face everyday.

+1 to the suggestion. Rather, to be more specific, to the change in designs with time periods, that would be better than changes per era.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
I think it is a great idea. But, as developed by Darrth Eugene Vador, maybe not one design for each area but 3 designs (maybe a 4th one for the much awaited for next area).

Dessire

Regent
I think it is a great idea. But, as developed by Darrth Eugene Vador, maybe not one design for each area but 3 designs (maybe a 4th one for the much awaited for next area).
could be 1 design per era or 1 design per 3 or 4 eras. the thing is. i want atleat 1 design for bronze to iron age, from HME to LME, from colonial to progresive, from modern to CE, from TE to OC and finaly a different one for the new virtual future era.
(somebody knows if we'll have new music for virtual future era?)

DeletedUser

+1

Let me tell you my story. When I found out about VF and saw the new Town Hall, I imidiately skipped to AF, to be closer to new era. The only thing that changes in my city is Town Hall and I absolutely love its VF design. So it's a yes from me!

(but still I have to face OF Town Hall, which to me looks like a big can opener... ugh)

And second thing, I wondered why champions are changing look through eras but their camp does not. I think it should...

Dessire

Regent
+1

Let me tell you my story. When I found out about VF and saw the new Town Hall, I imidiately skipped to AF, to be closer to new era. The only thing that changes in my city is Town Hall and I absolutely love its VF design. So it's a yes from me!

(but still I have to face OF Town Hall, which to me looks like a big can opener... ugh)

And second thing, I wondered why champions are changing look through eras but their camp does not. I think it should...
1 more! thank you for your opinion! :D

DeletedUser8859

Everybody want now shrink kits for every big special building. I wonder which building gets the next Shrink Kit.

DeletedUser5097

(english is not my native language so try to not focus your comment on this...thank you)

so 60% to 90% of your city is composed by SoKs and terrace farms?
you are tired of change of era and see the same visual design in your city?

what about if the "visual design" of SoK's and Terrace Farms changes to a more similar design of your era?

doesn't matter if im in the future era or artic future era or oceanic future era, always looks similar because most of my buildings are SoKs and terrace farms. with a change in the design of those types of buildings atleast our city will represent in a better way the era that we are in.

post your opinion about the idea of change the visual design of buildings like SoKs and terrace farms.
+1

DeletedUser8277

I know it would probably be difficult and not productive for the design team to redesign buildings that are perfectly fine. I would like this though, even if it's just SoKs that change with era, even a small change.

I really love the design of the VF buildings. They are some of the best work I've seen on this game and that's really saying something considering how beautiful many of the pieces made here are. Unfortunately I know there's no rush getting there because I will have none of them in my city.

Status
Not open for further replies.