• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Castle System

the feature is to motivate the players do be more active
not to fight more

so instead of focusing on more fights it should consider all the other activities a player can make first

from announcement

it doesn't say: rewards you for your fighting/negotiations

and btw
there are limited 15 levels
so increasing the fight points (instead of now decreasing) would need to exponentially increase the needed points for each level to need the same time to get to that level 15
(current: max 240 each. new: more fights and 30+2 instead of 30-2 would give thousands)

but adding new ways to get activity points only needs to adjust the points for the level
(if the total points a player can get daily is doubled the level points would be doubled too)

So by your standards than, I can only do 5 fights or negotiations (120) and receive half of the total (240) each received. As opposed doing 5 fights/negotiations (30) each.

I know a lot of newer players have problems with doing 15 fights and 15 negotiations. So I guess this current format benefits those players more the the veterans. But players aren't going to want to expand their player style (hence more activities). Because players are afraid of changes.

Making people want to do more to claim all the castle points.

This will motivate players to be more active...

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So by your standards than, I can only do 5 fights or negotiations (120) and receive half of the total (240) each received. As opposed doing 5 fights/negotiations (30) each.

I know a lot of newer players have problems with doing 15 fights and 15 negotiations. So I guess this current format benefits those players more the the veterans. But players aren't going to want to expand their player style (hence more activities). Because players are afraid of changes.

Making people want to do more to claim all the castle points.

This will motivate players to be more active...

The point is to encourage people to diversify though. To negotiate some if they'd usually fight, to fight some if they'd usually negotiate, to do stuff in the antique dealer even though they found it discouraging, to resume the daily challenge.

People who do hundreds of fights a day are already rewarded enough for that. The point of this system is that if they want to rise faster they need to do more than just autobattle tile their wrists ache.

CrashBoom

Legend
The point is to encourage people to diversify though.
exactly

To negotiate some if they'd usually fight, to fight some if they'd usually negotiate, to do stuff in the antique dealer even though they found it discouraging, to resume the daily challenge.
but is the game only those 4 things ? NO

there are of other things a player can do
and those should also give point

wouldn't it be nice that a player has to motivate his neighbors because 250 aids give points (not 1 point each. would be too much. maybe 1 every 5 aid)
and he could only have a max 79 guild members to aid and 139 friends
so to get the full points in the category aiding he has to aid his neighbors what he normally never would do
;)

I can only do 5 fights or negotiations (120) and receive half of the total (240) each received. As opposed doing 5 fights/negotiations (30) each.
actually you should be happy about the system
you can only do 5 fights and get 130 points
a player doing all 15 fights gets 240

so for doing 1/3 you get more than half of the possible points in that category

if all 15 fights would give 30 points each you would get 1/3 of the possible points
so the gap between players who can do all and players who can't would be bigger

So I guess this current format benefits those players more than the veterans.
veterans already get many benefits

for example : how much FP does a player get doing 100+ fights in GBG ?

Last edited:

Amdira

Baronet
Yes, this feature benefits activity for beginners and low era players and I like the idea to motivate players with some little daily gifts. The long term boosts are helpful even for experiened players. Due to the daily chests you even are rewarded for just login in - what else do you want? The long term boosts are helpful even for experienced players. All the whining seems to be due to the fact, that you can't do lvl 13 within one day by doing thousands of fights, right? Even if it would be possible, it wouldn't be enough for some.
For solving the tavern issue they only have to change the event quests to the format of dailies like "activate x boosts in the tavern" instead of "spend x tavern silver"

CrashBoom

Legend
this feature benefits activity for beginners
no it doesn't

a beginner can't negotiate
a beginner can only fight world map
a beginner has no daily challenge (and when he gets them some are too hard to do them daily)
a beginner has no antiques dealer. and even if gets it he can't buy anything because he don't have coins/gems
and the the points chest. that is not much

a beginner could aid neighbors (1 point every 5 aids as already suggested above)
how about 20 times one point for doing a production in a production building. would be nice for him
how about 20 points for reaching his first achievement.
with more time thinking (the developers should do that) there would be sure more nice things rewarding beginners

this feature is unlocked after the "initial tutorial"
that is the tutorial at the beginning of the game (not a castle tutorial a few here thinks)
the basically ends after taking the first province (or so).
and at that point a beginner should be able to get castle points (more then only the daily castle points chest)

Due to the daily chests you even are rewarded for just login in - what else do you want?
I made more than 500 points the first day
10 points was the chest
that is 0.2% of the max possible daily points

isn't very much

what do I want ?
all activites rewarded.
most new features are only fighting (and negotation)

Last edited:

Amdira

Baronet
Ok, maybe we have to define beginners. Pls show me the beginner who is staying longer than 3 days in BA (except the very very few only BA-players and those are experienced players who know how to do it). For a beginner after tutorial even 1 FP and 5 goods daily is almost a big deal and even for era rushers it's something additional which cannot be plundered :). And we don't know at this time what will be the gift for opening the chests 7 days in a row by now. If they really quit after tutorial or within BA it won't be because of the low gifts from the castle system.
All activities are already rewarded - the castle system is just giving something additional and imho it's just fine.
I understand some just don't get enough no matter how much it is.

CrashBoom

Legend
I understand some just don't get enough no matter how much it is.
if that means:
more WAYS to get castle points: then YES

if that means:
get castle level faster: then NO

because more ways to get points obviously would need a rebalance of the points for each level

All activities are already rewarded
and fighting always get rewarded more :p

and yeah I get rewarded for aiding daily (for example)
a few hundred goods (because Truce Tower and Seed Vault)
a few diamonds (rare 50 diamonds because of the Seed Vault)
and a little bit more

but would it hurt the fighters (which would never ever aid neighbors) that I would get 50 points (250 aids every 5th giving 1 point) for that activity ?
obviously: because they don't get those points and for that reason get less points then players who would use ALL possible ways to get points . and they only do fighting the whole day (players doing 1000+ fights a day sure don't need a motivation for the first 15 fights)

Pls show me the beginner who is staying longer than 3 days in BA
bronze age needs 120+ FP
a beginner has a max of 24
that makes 5 days.

so pls show me a beginner who is doing BA in 3 days or less
(and I mean beginner. not a pro doing his 15th world)

And we don't know at this time what will be the gift for opening the chests 7 days in a row by now.
10, 15, 20, 25, 30 (day 5 already confirmed as coins for tomorrow)
so probably 40
but maybe they surprise us with 50 which is still less than 1% of the possible points a day
:rolleyes:

Last edited:

Amdira

Baronet
and fighting always get rewarded more :p

and yeah I get rewarded for aiding daily (for example)
a few hundred goods (because Truce Tower and Seed Vault)
a few diamonds (rare 50 diamonds because of the Seed Vault)
and a little bit more

but would it hurt the fighters (which would never ever aid neighbors) that I would get 50 points (250 aids every 5th giving 1 point) for that activity ?
obviously: because they don't get those points and for that reason get less points then players who would use ALL possible ways to get points . and they only do fighting the whole day (players doing 1000+ fights a day sure don't need a motivation for the first 15 fights)

I also prefer aiding over attacking neighbours, It gives me more rewards with less effort with TT and Seed Vault over time and I don't have to look at all those terrible rusher towns :p Agree, getting rewarded for aiding seems to be a possibility, but I guess 1 point for every 50th would be enough for balance.

bronze age needs 120+ FP
a beginner has a max of 24
that makes 5 days.

Ok, let's say 5 days or even 7, but that's no reason to change the whole castle system. Beginners still have to learn it's a long time game.

10, 15, 20, 25, 30 (day 5 already confirmed as coins for tomorrow)
so probably 40
but maybe they surprise us with 50 which is still less than 1% of the possible points a day
:rolleyes:

Being rewarded for just logging in at all is imho enough.

All in all we seem to have similar opinions anyway

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
I love the suggestion of @CrashBoom for motivating and extra rewarding aiding with a humble number of Castle Points. Personally I also appreciate the aesthetics that the castle brings. In particular at higher levels. The
additional benefits it offers are for me absolutely appealing enough to motivate me for DC but would also love more motivation for aiding and visiting taverns (also suggested by someone earlier).

SirAlucard

Steward
I would like this ridiculous aid feature to be removed from the game altogether. It is impossible to add something to the game all the time, and not remove obsolete elements. If the game does not burst, then the players will run out of time. This is already happening now...
That would make the Truce Tower and the Seed Vault also obsolete. And there are tons of player who rely on the Truce Tower. And the supplies aren't the reason for it.
then also plundering :rolleyes:
Yeah right, it would have to go side by side. Then the GB like Voyager V1 and the Atlantis-Museum would also be useless. Didn't thought of that.

sirblu

Baronet
Question for you all:
Has ANYONE ever received Castle Points for Fighting? If so which battles?

The Castle points for negotiations seems to be working fine. The limit is 240 per day. And that is ok.
So I did no negotiations nor battles for a full 24 hours and the Negotiation flag for Castle Points reset back to 30 for the first as I expected it would.
But, there is STILL no points for any battles regardless of where those battles take place. I have check out GE, GbG, C-map and Attacking other players and there are no Castle points listed for any of them.
So hence the question.

Amdira

Baronet
Question for you all:
Has ANYONE ever received Castle Points for Fighting? If so which battles?

The Castle points for negotiations seems to be working fine. The limit is 240 per day. And that is ok.
So I did no negotiations nor battles for a full 24 hours and the Negotiation flag for Castle Points reset back to 30 for the first as I expected it would.
But, there is STILL no points for any battles regardless of where those battles take place. I have check out GE, GbG, C-map and Attacking other players and there are no Castle points listed for any of them.
So hence the question.
I definitely received castle points also for fighting - in GE, GbG and also on C-map. The information box for battles is top left instead of bottom left for negs. I will do screenshots tomorrow.

CrashBoom

Legend
yes fighting gives points
doesn't matter where

here first of the day giving +30

battle.jpg

I have check out GE, GbG, C-map and Attacking other players and there are no Castle points listed for any of them.
points are only be shown in the battle result

sirblu

Baronet
Thanks Guys - I have NEVER received that screen regardless of where and when I did the battles and I have now done over 100 across 3 days and not once have received thst screen

sirblu

Baronet
OK so I just tried again a battle and finally received the Castle Point payout screen.
So for the negotiations the amounts are presented prior to the negotiation and for the battle the amonts are presents after the battle.
Very confusing. They should both be presented either at the begining or after for consistency.

shad2389

Viceroy
easy just need a lot of time to clic aid all guild members leave guild join other guild aid everyone leave guild join an other aid everyone ect till you have enough coins to buy the FP's to go through it in 3 days you only need 57 FP's to be able to join a guild that's doable in 2 days then you just need 46 extra FP's to get out of BA the 3rd day if you follow the arrows on tech tree you'll see what i mean
some players eaven keep that as a play style i can't do that it hurts my wrists if i clic to much

Last edited: