• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Castle System

LordVaderIII

Marquis
I'd like to get a little more clarification on this:

Successful battles & negotiations

So far I have only received points from campaign map battles. Attacking neighbors, PvP, and battles in GE did not award any points.

EDIT: I just did a few more campaign map battles and it seems I am stuck at 408/500 points. Is there a daily limit of points?

Arya66

Squire
Apparently there is a limit to the number of fights/negotiations you get points for. Is this what others are finding? Is the number mentioned somewhere and I missed it?

Someone said 15 - is that total between fights/negotiations?

Last edited:

-Alin-

Emperor
Apparently there is a limit to the number of fights/negotiations you get points for. Is this what others are finding? Is the number mentioned somewhere and I missed it?

Someone said 15 - is that total between fights/negotiations?

-15 fights are 240 points
-15 negotiations another 240 points.
- in total are 30 which means 480 points daily if you do only the fights and negotiations.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
I noticed that Fighting + Negotiating gave 30 to start with, then dropped by 2 each time until it reached 0 after doing 15 of each (total 240 as noted by Granola)

Perhaps GE is the same - you only get bonus for the first 4 "big encounters" each day. After that, there is no additional reward?
-- if that's the case -- I don't like that. I understand encouraging players to log in daily, but it'll also encourage players to extend out GE over more time. No so good during a race week for guilds that care.

I didn't catch If it's the same amount for all 4.. that would at least help rather than encouraging players to only do 3 per day to max out rewards.

The daily chest didn't make sense to me. I was able to collect after level up from 0 to 1. I would assume that daily is possible to get even when you don't level up. is it just a set amount of progress each day? how is the progress marked? I'm done for the day, so i wont know until tomorrow unless someone bails me out :)

Doesn't seem it's the first 4 big encounters of the day. Since my earlier post I finished all fights and negotiations elsewhere. Then did #24 on mobile like I also did for everything else up to this point and #28 on browser to see if there was a difference. But still no castle points on either of them.

I wonder what defines Finishing big Guild Expedition encounters when it comes to castle points? Is it all bigger ones (4 per level) or just some of them?

Asking because I finished encounter 20 (first big encounter on level 2). Got my castle points for fighting as I should, but nothing else. But perhaps it's just you can't get castle points for both a GE encounter and fighting at the same time?

AGranolaBar

Squire
So, two of my guildmates reported getting points from the Campaign Map. One for negotiation, another for fighting. Anyone else?

Thunderdome

Emperor
Ok, so I got a castle in my city, LOL. Anyways, it looks promising but I do have a question: does the total accumulated points stay or reset once the timer hits 0?
1626894650374.png
It seems like the fights (yep, I am a fighter) in GE (the major ones) shrink in value with each successful victory. This is, in my opinion, a disincentive for anyone wishing to waste their resources/troops to get little amounts in the end. Those values should increase with each victory, creating an incentive for participation in GE for their guild since in a player's mind they would like better rewards with leveling up their castle and not the complete opposite.

Also, would like a composite list of what really counts as castle points (and how much) since most things are vague.

Arya66

Squire
So, it's 15 fights and 15 negotiations max.. ??
Good question about reset - does the total accumulated points stay or reset once the timer hits 0?

Also, when is the best time to collect/open the chest?

AGranolaBar

Squire
So, it's 15 fights and 15 negotiations max.. ??
Good question about reset - does the total accumulated points stay or reset once the timer hits 0?

The points accumulate.
The mechanism is very similar to the Guild Level one.

Thunderdome

Emperor
The points accumulate.
The mechanism is very similar to the Guild Level one.
Cool. It'll be a slow process for this bloke since I only do certain things that I find useful, but I will have the level 15 one day, LOL.

I would say when the timer hits 0 and you refreshed.

Guess I will find out in 3 hours to see what the "streak" is like that is being talked about.

PhoenixFenix

Baronet
Did they give more than the 30/28/-2-2-2?
No, but they shouldn't according to the list of what gives castle points in the announcement

Successful battles & negotiations
Finishing big Guild Expedition encounters
Buying items from the Antiques Dealer
Winning biddings in the Antiques Dealer
Successfully finishing daily challenges
→ Finish them in a row for the special daily challenge reward
Daily Castle points chest
Through in-game purchases

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Seems like an interesting addition. The maximum rewards from it are substantially worthwhile and it may drive some interest in antiquated features (i.e. I usually only do daily challenges when they're event-relevant. But I'd at least look at them again now I think).

From the level 0->1->2 progression it seems that these levels will last us a long while (500 for level 1, 3000 for level 2), but some thought should be given to the eventuality of someone maxing out this castle and why they should still want castle points then. Are you planning to release more levels at some point? Or perhaps it'd make sense to have some sort of payout for "castle points over max". Either way, this won't come up for a long while for me I expect - but it'd be really frustrating if someone bought into this system fully, finished it off, and then suddenly the playstyle they were enjoying has no more point.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
So... Points:
Attacks: Up to 240/day (30...2 decreasing by 2 = 15 * 16 average)
Negotiations: Up to 240/day (30...2 decreasing by 2 = 15 * 16 average)
GE milestones: An extra flat bit on top of whatever you get for attack/negotiation still. Though it only seemed to be doing that for difficulty 1 for me - a difficulty 2 milestone is only offering regular amounts.
Daily Challenge: 100 + 700 for the challenger chest (so an average of 200 each for a 7 day cycle)
Clearing out the Antique Dealer's Shelf: Variable, but huge (points based on the coin cost of the items it appears)
Winning auctions: Only one I've seen so far is 30, but perhaps might be variable depending on the minimum bid for the item on offer.
Castle Chest: Day 1 offered 10 points.

Thunderdome

Emperor
GE milestones: An extra flat bit on top of whatever you get for attack/negotiation still. Though it only seemed to be doing that for difficulty 1 for me - a difficulty 2 milestone is only offering regular amounts.
Again, this would make many lose interest in GE if no incentive is made to improve. I would like higher castle points for the amount of effort I put into higher difficulties, not lower ones.
Daily Challenge: 100 + 700 for the challenger chest (so an average of 200 each for a 7 day cycle)
Seems like so. Some of the daily challenges, reward wise, are not worth the quests they asked for.
Clearing out the Antique Dealer's Shelf: Variable, but huge (points based on the coin cost of the items it appears)
Theoretically, I would think the higher the gem cost, the higher the castle points given. I've seen one (before reset) that asks for about 80 gems that would give back 144 castle points. Too bad, I don't have the 80 gems, LOL.
Winning auctions: Only one I've seen so far is 30, but perhaps might be variable depending on the minimum bid for the item on offer.
I think this is the standard payout. It probably won't increase as I had seen a bid for 100k for an item with 30 points given for the win.
Castle Chest: Day 1 offered 10 points.
Yep, got that as well. Although, it sounds like chump change, then again, Inno is good at that.

After the first day of activity, I can say the points stay on without going away as I had initially thought (I was scrambling to get everything I can think of done when I awoke to only 5 hours left until reset)... so we got that out of the way (thanks to those that answered). It will be a long road, though.

xplorr

Farmer
We can finally tell you about the introduction of the Castle System.
What do you think? Do you have any questions?
You can read all about it here in our anouncement.
so we get a new settlement and a new feature at the same time? doesn't sound like good planning to me if you want decent participation or feedback

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
@xplorr there's a big difference between Beta server and live. Different features may
tested simultaneously but usually not released at the same time on live servers. In my
opinion, depending on how quickly they're satisfied with testing I think Castle System
will be released first. Through the settlement will have more community pressure and
people eager to see/demand results. So, it's also entirely possible that the settlement
get's a rushed release live release and the castle a bit later.

Amdira

Baronet
What about diamonds? We didn't get any for Mughal settlement either. Guess we are not responsible for the tight time table of Inno, are we?
There are players who startet on beta after start of the Summer-Event and thus didn't get any diamonds neither for the settlement nor for the castle system.

Last edited:

CrashBoom

Legend
"What's this Castle System about?!", you might be wondering. To sum things up in a few words, the Castle System is a feature that rewards you for your activity.
just wondering
why is following NO activity ?
- aiding , visiting taverns
- collecting in town
- doing settlement
- spending FP
- doing quests
- trading
- ... (there is sure more)

I think that should be included
to motivate players to do those things

Amdira