• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Castle System

The Babelus

Steward
then that is a bug and should be fixed

because #52 is level 4 and according to the CM that should give 60

but actually it shouldn't work like you describe but like the CM described

It seems there is some little division/modulo bug and the ranges for levels are wrong. It seems like #36 is giving also 30 instead of 45. Shall someone report a bug? :)
CM only described bonus for big chests. Did not mention that you see also additional daily fighting/negotiating bonus included

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
The rewards on all lvls are different.
If you would still receive points for negotiations or fights, these points are also displayed on screen.
If you think something is wrong with it, please contact us via the Support and we will have a look at your logs to see if something is wrong.

BeeVee

Squire
The rewards on all lvls are different.
If you would still receive points for negotiations or fights, these points are also displayed on screen.
If you think something is wrong with it, please contact us via the Support and we will have a look at your logs to see if something is wrong.

The only thing that's wrong is that the first big encounter of level 2 , 3 and 4 announce not the right amount of castle points that you will get.
I received the right amount, which is more than anounced: 45 for level 3, while only 30 is promised. Evaluate the picture in my post #309

jtrucker

Baronet
why is level 3 and level 4 daily reward chest giving the same ?

in all other level their is an increase
I've already reported that as bug some 10 pages ago, but no response and no fix. Who knows what they think. It is dumb though, to have same rewards...

lordwasa

Regent
Community Manager
I'm sorry but you are mistaken: There is bug that rewards on lvl 3:

are identical with rewards on lvl 4:

I've reported this bug on July 31 but nobody responded:
I will make a bug report about it but it might be intended.
For future reference, please report bugs here. We read all feedback but a bug report might get lost in the many feedback posts in the event feedback thread, which is not the case in the designated forum for bugs.

jtrucker

Baronet
I will make a bug report about it but it might be intended.
For future reference, please report bugs here. We read all feedback but a bug report might get lost in the many feedback posts in the event feedback thread, which is not the case in the designated forum for bugs.
Saved the bug link for future, thanks.
Intended? But that would make no sense, since the rewards increase at EACH other level, just this one doesn't. That seems like a bug.

Ok, So ! The Castle System.... I actually rather like it. :)
It rewards you for just playing on a regular basis, does not require you to do repetitive, mundane or stupid useless time and resource wasting quests or tasks.
All one needs to do is log in and do what one would normally do on a daily basis.
I think some of the rewards are actually quite :cool:, although a few of the one time rewards will probably end up on sale in my pawnshop, some, like the permanent discounts and city boosts would be rather useful, especially for newer players.
so in summing up i give it a thumbs up ( unfortunately no thumbs up emoji )

How about giving a few more of those guys, like a thumbs up and thumbs down ? king YES.jpg

DarkUros222

Farmer
looking forward to it, but looks like they prefer release a settlement nobody likes instead of a feature most would enjoy.. baffled
I don't play settlements to be honest, but this will surely reach live, seeing how hyped the playerbase is. PvP Arena rework needed quite some time to be released, but we have it again.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
@Emberguard so it seems but it would’ve been better if they did put as much time and effort into the last settlement. Due to the lack of that, I’m surprised they’re taking testing the castle system seriously apparently. Though it’s working pretty well and as intended as far I’ve been able to observe so far.
Though castle points for completing 1/2 event quests and extra bonus points for completing all event quests would be helpful making completing event quests more appealing. Also giving an decant amount of points for completing settlements would be well deserved as it’s also part of activity.
Giving the top10 of contributors of GbG within each guild bonus castle points and giving such for every 10th advancement (5 negotiations or 10 battles or combination of the 2 resulting in an total of 10 advancements) in GbG bonus castle points similar to negotiations and battles. EG 40 for the first 10, 30 CP for the second, 20CP for the third 10 and 15 CP for the fourth, 10 CP for the fifth and 5CP for the sixth 10x advancements of the day woud help motivating players to attend GbG actively. For example for top 10 bonus CP:
1.) cp = number of members / 80) * (1.700 CP/((5/league*))
2.) cp = number of members / 80) * (1.500 CP / ((5/league*))
3.) cp = number of members / 80) * (1.300 CP / ((5/league*))
4.)-10.) cp = ((number of members / 80) * (1.100cp - (# distributor x 100))) / (5/league*)
11>.) cp = (number of members / 80) * ((50CP / ((5/league*))
Above applied only for anyone with 140 or more advancements total at the end of the GbG season.
Top 3 guilds in battleground could obtain bonus CP for their contributors. For example:
#1 - 15% bonus cp for active contributors
#2 - 10% bonus cp for active contributors
#3 - 05% bonus cp for active contributors
This would really be rewarding activity, especially for those who are actively supporting their guilds and motivates guilds to actively competes others. The formula is in place to counter act potential abuse by purposely making an small guild as it would be more easy to reach the highest reward as an contributor within an smaller guild, thus maximising your CP from GbG. As for the league formula:
Copper (first league)
5 / league = 5 / 1 = 5
Silver (second league)
5 / league = 5 / 2 = 2.5
Gold (third league)
5 / league = 5 / 3 = 1,67
Platinum (fourth league)
5 / league = 5 / 4 = 1,25
Diamond (fifth league)
5 / league = 5 / 5 = 1
If you manage with the largest possible guild to become the #1 contributor while in diamond league but your guild isn’t too 3 you’ve earned yourself 1.700 cp. Much more than you would’ve gotten from 2w daily daily challenges. However if your guild also won that round of GbG it’s topping out on 1.700cp * 1.15 (15% bonus) = 1.955cp, that’s a lot but it’s well deserved for diamond and being the most important player for that victory in an maxed out guild. However if you where in an 3 member guild it would be: (3 members / 80) x 1.700 cp = 63,75 -> 64 cp. if the guild would be victorious it is 63,75cp * 1.15 (15% bonus) = 73 cp. As you can see this does promotes also bigger guilds as an means to severely countering abusing the system as an mini guild.
Trying to abuse it by playing in copper only would also severely cut the potential. Even in an 80 members guild:
1.700 / (5 / league) = 1.700 / (5/1) = 1.700 / 5 = 340 cp. As an mini guild 340 * (3 / 80) = 13 cp. As you can see through math abusing the bonus cp severely cuts in the potential. Smaller guilds are defiantly hit but in the bigger guilds that find managing stuff at times a bit harder and competing within the guild is harsher the rewards are much better to compensate. While non-contributors or low contribution (less than an average of 10 advancements daily) are not rewarded unlike the personal rewards from any position after an GbG season. Explaining this concept is a bit complex and thus lots of text, sorry for that but I feel GbG activity should be included for CP rewards and contribution should be rewarded with CP. Especially the bigger guilds and the higher the league is giving more motivation to getting active with GbG and as an guild to get an as high as possible league. For GE I think the rewards of CP are already good the way they are.

Last edited:

Emberguard

Emperor
@Emberguard so it seems but it would’ve been better if they did put as much time and effort into the last settlement. Due to the lack of that, I’m surprised they’re taking testing the castle system seriously apparently. Though it’s working pretty well and as intended as far I’ve been able to observe so far.
Settlements as a whole are no longer a brand new feature. The Castle is.

MerleCorey

Farmer
Though castle points for completing 1/2 event quests and extra bonus points for completing all event quests would be helpful making completing event quests more appealing. Also giving an decant amount of points for completing settlements would be well deserved as it’s also part of activity.
Giving the top10 of contributors of GbG within each guild bonus castle points and giving such for every 10th advancement (5 negotiations or 10 battles or combination of the 2 resulting in an total of 10 advancements) in GbG bonus castle points similar to negotiations and battles. EG 40 for the first 10, 30 CP for the second, 20CP for the third 10 and 15 CP for the fourth, 10 CP for the fifth and 5CP for the sixth 10x advancements of the day woud help motivating players to attend GbG actively. For example for top 10 bonus CP:
1.) cp = number of members / 80) * (1.700 CP/((5/league*))
2.) cp = number of members / 80) * (1.500 CP / ((5/league*))
3.) cp = number of members / 80) * (1.300 CP / ((5/league*))
4.)-10.) cp = ((number of members / 80) * (1.100cp - (# distributor x 100))) / (5/league*)
11>.) cp = (number of members / 80) * ((50CP / ((5/league*))
Above applied only for anyone with 140 or more advancements total at the end of the GbG season.
Top 3 guilds in battleground could obtain bonus CP for their contributors. For example:
#1 - 15% bonus cp for active contributors
#2 - 10% bonus cp for active contributors
#3 - 05% bonus cp for active contributors
This would really be rewarding activity, especially for those who are actively supporting their guilds and motivates guilds to actively competes others. The formula is in place to counter act potential abuse by purposely making an small guild as it would be more easy to reach the highest reward as an contributor within an smaller guild, thus maximising your CP from GbG. As for the league formula:
Copper (first league)
5 / league = 5 / 1 = 5
Silver (second league)
5 / league = 5 / 2 = 2.5
Gold (third league)
5 / league = 5 / 3 = 1,67
Platinum (fourth league)
5 / league = 5 / 4 = 1,25
Diamond (fifth league)
5 / league = 5 / 5 = 1
If you manage with the largest possible guild to become the #1 contributor while in diamond league but your guild isn’t too 3 you’ve earned yourself 1.700 cp. Much more than you would’ve gotten from 2w daily daily challenges. However if your guild also won that round of GbG it’s topping out on 1.700cp * 1.15 (15% bonus) = 1.955cp, that’s a lot but it’s well deserved for diamond and being the most important player for that victory in an maxed out guild. However if you where in an 3 member guild it would be: (3 members / 80) x 1.700 cp = 63,75 -> 64 cp. if the guild would be victorious it is 63,75cp * 1.15 (15% bonus) = 73 cp. As you can see this does promotes also bigger guilds as an means to severely countering abusing the system as an mini guild.
Trying to abuse it by playing in copper only would also severely cut the potential. Even in an 80 members guild:
1.700 / (5 / league) = 1.700 / (5/1) = 1.700 / 5 = 340 cp. As an mini guild 340 * (3 / 80) = 13 cp. As you can see through math abusing the bonus cp severely cuts in the potential. Smaller guilds are defiantly hit but in the bigger guilds that find managing stuff at times a bit harder and competing within the guild is harsher the rewards are much better to compensate. While non-contributors or low contribution (less than an average of 10 advancements daily) are not rewarded unlike the personal rewards from any position after an GbG season. Explaining this concept is a bit complex and thus lots of text, sorry for that but I feel GbG activity should be included for CP rewards and contribution should be rewarded with CP. Especially the bigger guilds and the higher the league is giving more motivation to getting active with GbG and as an guild to get an as high as possible league. For GE I think the rewards of CP are already good the way they are.
don't you think the game is already way too much GBG centered?? if anything, GBG central importance should be reduced, certainly not increased
do the same for GvG and I'll up vote you

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
Settlements as a whole are no longer a brand new feature. The Castle is.
So, no need for testing the game play and balance?
don't you think the game is already way too much GBG centered?? if anything, GBG central importance should be reduced, certainly not increased
do the same for GvG and I'll up vote you
I though about GvG too and agreed but GvG can't go to mobile versions of the game. From what I've heard it's because the developers of GvG are no longer with them and they where so far unsuccessfully in understanding the coding behind GvG. If GvG can be given CP it'll be giving an unfair advantage for desktop players.
Looking into discussions of GbG the game isn't fully GbG. An honorabel post pointed out for 3 person guilds vs larger guilds that there are often not that many actively participating in GbG in the larger guilds. So, except for the top players the game is far from GbG only. Sure it's the best multiplayer thing we got so far. If GvG could've been significantly improved and brought to mobile we could've 2 good multiplayer games for the game.
My main reason for asking for GbG cp and bonus cp from GbG depending on league and guild size is it makes more sense as the castle system is for rewarding activity. I feel like GbG requires most activity and should be rewarded accordingly. GvG should arguably for similar reasons added to it too, though it'll be unfair for app only players. I've played around with my example formulas for cp rewards and compared it to what is needed. It will not an massive deal missing out on it but for top players it'll be something they don't wanna missing out on and definitely wanna be in diamond for in top3 guild of their guild and preferably as guild nr. 1 of the season. Though for other players if participating actively it'll be an sweet bonus.

jovada

Regent
My main reason for asking for GbG cp and bonus cp from GbG depending on league and guild size is it makes more sense as the castle system is for rewarding activity. I feel like GbG requires most activity and should be rewarded accordingly.

More rewards for GbG ? A lot of guilds can do nothing once they reach 1000MMR because mostly the map is dominated by 2 guilds taking control of the whole map and doing endless fights with 0 penalty.
GbG should be more fair if there was only 1 slot in each province, this would prevent the endless farming points and make it a little more tactical, traps and palace becoming more usefull now it's only camps, camps and camps.
The topguilds will still be top but other guilds are not only condammed to watch and have more chance to participate.
But i guess this will be shoot down by players only interested in doing 1000 fights a day to farm points.

drakenridder

Emperor
Perk Creator
More rewards for GbG ? A lot of guilds can do nothing once they reach 1000MMR because mostly the map is dominated by 2 guilds taking control of the whole map and doing endless fights with 0 penalty.
GbG should be more fair if there was only 1 slot in each province, this would prevent the endless farming points and make it a little more tactical, traps and palace becoming more usefull now it's only camps, camps and camps.
The topguilds will still be top but other guilds are not only condammed to watch and have more chance to participate.
But i guess this will be shoot down by players only interested in doing 1000 fights a day to farm points.
Simple solution: remove siege camps from GbG and/or introduce an cap of maximum chance of
no increase of attrition. Also removing the maximum increase for opposing armies or raising this
to: 999.999.999.999.999.999% att/def bonus and goods per attempt to 999.999.999.999 goods
per slot as a cap. This will cause anyone to run out of steam eventually. This solution is well known
but never implemented. Another solution could be an cap of provinces any guild can take daily.
Though the removal or limiting siege camps and letting attrition do it's job as it's supposed to do
should be tested first as a solution, IMO.
Another solution could be attrition on the costs for any GbG buildings, which only resets after the
active season has concluded. Making it eventually so expensive for any guild to mindless placing
siege camps. For example starting attrition on GbG buildings when an guild has 3 or more
provinces.
Rewarding activity is what Castle System is supposed to give. This should include GbG. Technically
also GvG though it's unfair for mobile players. GE gets rewards already, why not GbG too?