• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Feedback Castle System Additional Levels

Amdira

Baronet
I still hope there will be extended possibilities to gain Castle Points in the future.
Just remember, when The Arc was introduced. How long would you have needed for lvl180 at that point? Guess it seemed as impossible those days as lvl 20 Castle System looks to date.

mcbluefire

Baronet
Actually, with everything available as CP opportunities in free play 15 levels could be done in 2.9+/- years if one is willing to negotiate 15x in addition to fight 15x AND utilize the AD as much as possible.
Castle pointsweeklydaily
Daily Castle23534
Daily Quest1400200
15 negotiations1680240
15 battles1680240
GE6460086
AD*21030
AD**600150
TOTALS6405979
* Win one auction a day
**Buy junk only when you get at least double castle points for gems

Total Castle points: 1,039,500
162.3 wks or 2.9 yrs

Having folks drop $1.6K to get to L13 asap or $2K to get to L15 asap is not the same as presenting an opportunity to get to L20 for an additional $15K or 12 more years.

What's worse is it's likely that after the big spenders drop that kind of money to get the 3 expansions they'll be pulled a few months later from the CP system and called "game breaking".

• Think about it - 3 expansions is 48 squares!
  • If you drop a Level 2 Sentinel on each square that would provide +192% attack-defense from AD purchases while in any age!
  • Alternatively one could get 4 winner's plazas which is upwards of +56% attack-offense in SAV from next season's forgebowl (potentially)!

Completely game breaking according to the official word here on why the +35% attack-attack was removed from L13.

No way I'd ever spend $ via CP incentives, and if it's going to take 12 years to complete I'll just do minimums after I hit L10 this week... not worth the daily waste of goods, gems, and focus to attempt to get there faster. One would think they'll eventually make more opportunities for CPs and that will be great, but it's very tough to applaud adding more levels as the system stands currently.

Last edited:

maff

Farmer
amazing, I just saw the castle system, assuming you do every day all the things that give you coins for the castle except auctions or buying at the merchant ...... I would reach level 20 by February 2039 .. ......I don't think I'll live that long, much less play this game for so many years hahaha

Castle%20Logo.png

Dear Kings and Queens,
On Wednesday, February 9th, we will add 5 new levels to the Castle System!

This is the place to be if you have any questions about it or would like to discuss it with other players.
Please keep in mind that your opinion may differ from the opinions of other players, you don't have to convince each other of anything here. :)

We appreciate your feedback!

Please write your feedback in a factual and constructive way and stay on topic.
So that we can pass your feedback on to the developers, the following points would be important to note:
  • Feedback that only contains one sentence like "There is a crack in this castle of glass…hardly for you to see" is not helpful. Please make sure to include reasons for your opinion.
  • The same goes for positive feedback. We are happy about it of course, but describing what exactly you like is always very helpful!
  • Limit your feedback to the actual content. Feedback like "You should improve X" or feedback that refers to other game content or events is not helpful.
  • Use the "Like" button if another player has already reflected your opinion well.

Thank you very much and have fun!

Sincerely,
Your Forge of Empires Team
Well, may be in 2030 I'll achiev them

Actually, with everything available as CP opportunities in free play 15 levels could be done in 2.9+/- years if one is willing to negotiate 15x in addition to fight 15x AND utilize the AD as much as possible.
Castle pointsweeklydaily
Daily Castle23534
Daily Quest1400200
15 negotiations1680240
15 battles1680240
GE6460086
AD*21030
AD**600150
TOTALS6405979
* Win one auction a day
**Buy junk only when you get at least double castle points for gems

Total Castle points: 1,039,500
162.3 wks or 2.9 yrs

Having folks drop $1.6K to get to L13 asap or $2K to get to L15 asap is not the same as presenting an opportunity to get to L20 for an additional $15K or 12 more years.

What's worse is it's likely that after the big spenders drop that kind of money to get the 3 expansions they'll be pulled a few months later from the CP system and called "game breaking".

• Think about it - 3 expansions is 48 squares!
  • If you drop a Level 2 Sentinel on each square that would provide +192% attack-defense from AD purchases while in any age!
  • Alternatively one could get 4 winner's plazas which is upwards of +56% attack-offense in SAV from next season's forgebowl (potentially)!

Completely game breaking according to the official word here on why the +35% attack-attack was removed from L13.

No way I'd ever spend $ via CP incentives, and if it's going to take 12 years to complete I'll just do minimums after I hit L10 this week... not worth the daily waste of goods, gems, and focus to attempt to get there faster. One would think they'll eventually make more opportunities for CPs and that will be great, but it's very tough to applaud adding more levels as the system stands currently.
They made it to make us spend, but I've already stopped to buy diamonds, because INNO are very incorrect and obviously not very intelligent. They want to make you spend by forcing you and this is the worst marketing I've ever seen.

RKinG

Squire
For my part, I am happy:) for expansions.

Give + expansions.

My inventory a lot of nice buildings to build. But there is no space (Completed all expansions).

I'm Castel 9. But levels too long, you need lower levels castel point

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
It was planned 15 levels in +/- 5 years.
some are already at level 15, they have to be given the opportunity to go higher.

Was something I discussed when it first came out before I realized level 15 was many years away: what are people supposed to do after maxing it out. "we'll just add more levels" was not the answer I was hoping for though.

Essentially the Castle System is a VIP system. You get to make moderate progress towards higher VIP levels free to play, but spenders vault up way faster. This is all fine - not a part I missed from other F2P games, but not necessarily the end of the world either.

What some games do with their VIP systems at max level is start having the points convert to a VIP shop. This has the advantage that someone who spends $100k when it only takes $10k to max it, still gets more incentive without limit to some extent. But without loading up even more "exclusive perks" that create a pay to win environment.

The VIP shop might include all-you-can-buy renos, rushes, boost bottles, self-aids - basically convenience items that regular players have some sort of supply of anyways, but not so many as to feel unlimited. Perhaps some number of FP or goods packs could be purchased as a limited-per-day item.

Alternatively, you could also have them get the 1-time-only rewards repeated every X castle points.

The solution is not "well we'll just add more levels" because some people will again get those levels very fast because they were going to spend anyways. The solution has to be something where once you're "done" with castle/VIP points, they instead have some other use - and not in the form of additional always-on perks.

I personally think that should've happened after 15 - which was already far enough away from 99%+ of players (not many players are going to spend $2k on the game, so it'd take them some years).

Thunderdome

Emperor
God. Now I feel old.

Been stormed in three times... check.
Been in the hospital for pneumonia... check a few times.
Been told I got Covid... check, even though I still say I don't.

My city still stands, though, even without a guild lol.

Anyways, being that said and done, I highly doubt I would go past level 10 if I decided to play more into this without the external stuff happening to me that kept me out for a long time. Although, I could do without the SoK upgrades (worse than getting Victory Tower upgrades that I keep selling to the AD) as residential stuff is useless to me at this point (could go for event buildings of the past along with such upgrades if we are going to pitch something). Expansions are nice, but if it comes with an "arm and leg" approach, I probably won't be enticed.

We shall see, said the blind man.

And so guys, any answer on whether they're going to change the CP on level 16+ or add it to other points in the city? I'll give you some ideas on how they can add CP in the city:
- incidents;
- GB that provides CP
- On guild levels where every 10 levels are added +10 CP, that is, guild level 100 would give +100CP daily.
- Create a GEX level 5 and put +600 CP distributed in the next 16 fights of the expedition until reaching 80/80. Since you at level 4 already get 64/64 600 CP.
- Reward in PVP Arena
- +50% CP collection bonus in Tavern Friends for 4 hours.

Thunderdome

Emperor
And so guys, any answer on whether they're going to change the CP on level 16+ or add it to other points in the city? I'll give you some ideas on how they can add CP in the city:
As much as I would like to see some improvements in gathering more CP than just being on 20 years to see the final levels, I highly doubt the Inno team would do something like you suggested. However, if this was my game, I would give you some feedback from my point of view.
- incidents;
This would be nice. Everything else has been generated to be collected through these to include event types. So a simple modification to code could happen with this as well.
- GB that provides CP
I highly doubt I would want to design something that will yield a small amount of CP. There are some GBs out there that gave out a small amount of medals no matter how high a level can be that you can obtain them from other places, so this might hold true when it comes to CP generated. Also, take in consideration that the smallest size is a 3x3 thus far, so it would not be feasible or efficient. Others might look at the castle in the city as their GB since a random amount of points is collected daily.
- On guild levels where every 10 levels are added +10 CP, that is, guild level 100 would give +100CP daily.
As an incentive, this might help guilds to be built stronger and to work for a common goal. Something that Inno would not want, but players might desire.
- Create a GEX level 5 and put +600 CP distributed in the next 16 fights of the expedition until reaching 80/80. Since you at level 4 already get 64/64 600 CP.
A new Guild Expedition level is overdue. Many of us can go through all 64 levels without breaking a sweat. Hopefully, with better rewards, but I rather to be given the Mona Lisa along with the Declaration of Independence since I know I will get those instead.
- Reward in PVP Arena
Technically, it's either the PVE, PVR (Player vs Repeats), or PVB (Player vs Bots) rather than PVP. To me, it's just cannon and quest fodder if I ran out of fights in the GE, GBg (high attrition), or the neighborhood. I don't know if we are talking about milestone rewards or ranking rewards that reward CP, but I doubt it will be very cheap (and not something that would make everyone use the feature).
- +50% CP collection bonus in Tavern Friends for 4 hours.
Nah on this. It wouldn't put a dent with the cheap amounts been given out. Only difference would make is if you have close to 100 to get.

CrashBoom

Legend
- Create a GEX level 5 and put +600 CP distributed in the next 16 fights of the expedition until reaching 80/80. Since you at level 4 already get 64/64 600 CP
so many people have problems with math

why should level 5 give the same as all 4 levels before ?

correct math would give: 300 for level 5

and for those who don't understand how that result is calculated:
the 4 levels give 15, 30, 45, 60 for the big encounters

so on level 5 following that pattern it would be 75
4 big encounters = 300