• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Carnival Event 2019

Feanor II

Baronet
To me it definitely looks like a Cherry Set redux. I can't imagine they would actually try to get us to build an 8x8 unless it had truly insane bonuses, and if they did I don't think they'd squander it on 5 pieces. They would probably want to make you collect a dozen or so for the whole thing. The Palace/Fountain set from Summer 2017 was essentially an 8x8 (assuming you wanted to keep the two sets together for aesthetic value) requiring 10 pieces and still had 8 tiles left over.

If it is going to basically be the Cherry set with a new coat of paint, that's not a bad thing :). Time to open up some 5x5s. Putting them in place of TFs is the easy solution.

xivarmy

Overlord
Perk Creator
Well so far all the cropping together of the sets have been in the same order the OP presented the pieces. But what if it were reversed? Would this look better?

View attachment 3764
View attachment 3765

Or separate the water sections?
View attachment 3766
View attachment 3767

Ok maybe separating the water is a bit far fetched

Yes the top one looks better - it has a little edge of road or whatever to mark that the water is about to go under something (or into nothing). I'll bet that's the intended layout, thanks :)

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
If it is going to basically be the Cherry set with a new coat of paint, that's not a bad thing :). Time to open up some 5x5s. Putting them in place of TFs is the easy solution

unfortunately "replacing TF" is not really a propper solution - unless your TFs are connected to roads inefficiently at the moment. In my main city I got multiple TF and not a single one of them I could replace with a cherry set while offering the cherry-set a street at both ends. If the street requirement does not change I will have to rearrange my buildings in a far bigger fashion, unless I am fine with one of the buildings having no road... but who likes that "road needed icon"...

maybe we are lucky and it is enough for the carnival set, to have streets on one side now...

Julian24

Viceroy
unfortunately "replacing TF" is not really a propper solution - unless your TFs are connected to roads inefficiently at the moment. In my main city I got multiple TF and not a single one of them I could replace with a cherry set while offering the cherry-set a street at both ends. If the street requirement does not change I will have to rearrange my buildings in a far bigger fashion, unless I am fine with one of the buildings having no road... but who likes that "road needed icon"...

maybe we are lucky and it is enough for the carnival set, to have streets on one side now...

No luck for you: 2 are residential and 1 is a cultural building. So 3 out of 4 (not counting the middle part) need a road connection.

beelzebob666

Overlord
Pathfinder
Spoiler Poster
So we need even more roads... that is bad... But if the benefits are good enough, I will have to rearrange a part of my city...

DeletedUser8859

Wonder how the whole 5x5 Carnival set rewards compare with those for a full Cherry Set (level 1). Got a few cities with multiple Cherry Sets, just a few pieces Level 2, and instead of opening a 5x5 slot in another place would remove 1 Cherry for 1 Carnival set if rewards are worth the change.

But if the balance is just more happiness or marginal improvement it will stay at inventory.

Emberguard

Emperor
Anyone else got some ideas for some not-standard plausible setups for the new set?
canival setup.jpeg

Came up with this but not sure I'm overly fond of the output for either of these two options

Feanor II

Baronet
So as expected, the Piazza buildings are essentially just a Cherry Set with different graphics and slightly different stats. Not a bad thing (Cherry sets are awesome). I'll probably create one fully level-2 set when it goes live