• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Will Not Fix: Can't switch out one of the requirements in a Daily Challenge

From the US forum:

Dear Kings and Queens,
There is one more update we would like to highlight. Starting from May 16th, all players have access to Daily Challenge improvements. For example:
- Skip today's rewards for tomorrow's rewards. When selecting prizes for the new Daily Challenge, you can click the "You want the other prizes?" button to swap for tomorrow's prize selection. You will see the same selection tomorrow. The change is available for Diamonds, only once a day.
- Exchange separate Tasks. Once per day for free, you can exchange a Task from the Daily Challenge. For a small Diamond fee, you can do it again until the Tasks fit your goals.
- We've added new rewards. For example, now you can win military buildings!
- Finally, we have adjusted the difficulty of the tasks, making some easier and some more challenging. The overall difficulty stays the same.
We hope you enjoy this addition as well!

Kind of hard to do it again until the tasks fit your goals if there isn't any option to change the tasks in the first place, which is why I still think it is a bug. @Juber Any word?

So I got tired of getting ghosted here and asked the question over on the US forum after it went live there.

The Community Manager, LeCron, came back with this answer from the development team within a few hours and gave this response:

It is intended that the button won't be visible sometimes. It happens when there's no better alternative for that particular task.
When exchanging the tasks, the game grabs from a pool of tasks. The task after the exchange should be easier than the previous one. If there is no easier task available in the pool OR the tasks exclude each other (for example, they cannot be of the same type), the button will not be available.

So there you have it, not a bug, investigation complete.

Fenix

Viceroy
So I got tired of getting ghosted here and asked the question over on the US forum after it went live there.

The Community Manager, LeCron, came back with this answer from the development team within a few hours and gave this response:

It is intended that the button won't be visible sometimes. It happens when there's no better alternative for that particular task.
When exchanging the tasks, the game grabs from a pool of tasks. The task after the exchange should be easier than the previous one. If there is no easier task available in the pool OR the tasks exclude each other (for example, they cannot be of the same type), the button will not be available.

So there you have it, not a bug, investigation complete.

That's a false argument. Why? Because the Inno guys are good programers but do not know nothing about playing this game. It was not today but several times I had to use diamonds because the second choice was worse the former. What is easier for one player might be impossible for other.
A simple example that applies to me: one of the most difficult tasks for me is collecting large amounts of silver (represents 3 to 4 full taverns). This is, apparently, a simple task to Inno.

Thunderdome

Emperor
That's pretty much a lie since I get a list of 5-6 tasks on a daily challenge and only one of them would have the button lit (mostly on an easy one) to switch from. Each task is different from the other.

However, when I clicked on the button on the one that was lit (again, the easiest task), all tasks have the button for diamonds.

Funny isn't it?