• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: Can't send scout directly after conquering a province

Andi47

Overlord
Reproduction Steps:
1.) have at least one province currently scouted, at least one which is not yet scouted, and the scout sitting in one province.
2.) go to campaign map (e.g. the Oceanic Future 4 map)
3.) open a province
4.) conquer that province (makes no difference whether you fight or negotiate)
5.) go out of the province - to the campaign map
--> observed: the "scout" button(s) are all greyed out
--> expected: at least one scout button should be available

workaround: after step 5 go back to city and then open the campaign map again. NOW you can scout the next province.

Issue Description (10/10): After conquering a province (while the scout is happily sitting in a province), all "scout" buttons are greyed out. Need to go to city and back to campaign map to enable the scout buttons.

Player:
World:
Operating System:
Browser Version:
Viewport Size:

1.112.80b66c6664 (28.09.2017 8:31), Andi47 (73349), zz1, en_US, WIN 27,0,0,130, Windows 10, Chrome/61.0.3163.100, 1920x949, OpenGL (336 MB VRAM)

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported:
yes, nothing found

DeletedUser

Nothing has been directly fixed, so we will need to see if we get more reports on it.

Andi47

Overlord
The bug is still active:

1.) I acquired the last sector of Idlers Range by negotiating
2.) got "conquered province" information window, closed this window
3.) went back to continent map
Observed:
Cant_scout_after_conquering_province.jpg

expected: the button should be yellow and clickable (I have 2.4 G coins, so more than 1000 times more than enough)

4.) went back to city
5.) clicked Continent map button in my city
--> was brought directly to the province Idlers range and got "Conquered province" window again
6.) closed the window
7.) went back to continent map
--> now the next province was scoutable as expected.

BTW: The province Idlers Range is half-hidden behind the Back to City button - it was a bit tricky to hit the scout button for scouting that province, and it would have been even more tricky to hit the "scout immediately with paying diamonds" button if I would have wanted to. (note the current position of my scout)

DeletedUser8316

There is another bug with the scout as well. When you conquer an era, you don't get an option to send your scout out to the next continent. You can see the ship, but there's nothing to click on. You have to log out of the game and log back in then you can send your scout to the next continent. It happened after FE and after Arctic Future as well so far.

DeletedUser4381

I thought it was a display bug as it's been that way for several weeks for me. Happened after every "conquer a province" quest the last two events have thrown up, and possible before as well.

NorMags

Baronet
I thought it was a display bug as it's been that way for several weeks for me. Happened after every "conquer a province" quest the last two events have thrown up, and possible before as well.
Has been like this for a year for me.. Reported this on live, October 2016

Last edited:

DeletedUser8410

I've encountered this 'bug' myself - but searching all maps, I saw a scout-able province.

Seems they must be done in order - or at least a specific order. I had cleared most of CE and TE maps - went to FE. But was TE province I had to scout and conquer. Now still getting ones that are greyed out, gotta go find which one it wants me to do next.

Thought I'd post this for anyone who googles the same issue, since this was the first result for "greyed out scout"

DeletedUser4381

I've encountered this 'bug' myself - but searching all maps, I saw a scout-able province.

Reloading the problematic map fixes the scouting issue, so if you loaded another map it likely would have solved it as well.