• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: Can't Load Game After Login - Multiple Refreshes needed?

• Thread starter DeletedUser5178
  • Start date

DeletedUser5178

• World: zz - Dunarsund - Beta
  • Browser and Version: Google Chrome Version 36.0.1985.143 m and IE 11.0.9600.17239CO update 11.0.11 and Mozilla Firefox 11 (same thing happens in all three)
  • Overview of the bug: After I login with user name and password, select the world "Dunarsund", the normal load page does not appear. The game hangs and I get a blue screen that says "Welcome to Forge of Empires" with the Flash Player button and a "0". I must refresh the browser multiple times - sometimes as much as 50 times to get the game to actually load.
  • Screenshots:
    FoE Stuck.jpg
  • How often this occurs: 9 out of 10 logins (or more)
  • Urgency: Fairly Urgent - going over my plan minutes constantly refreshing my browser just to load the dang game
  • Preventative Actions re-installed Adobe Flash player, cleared cache, deleted Temp Internet Files, tried different browsers. This does not ever occur on EN server
  • Summary: VERY frustrating - I should be able to get to the game directly after logging in and should not have to refresh so many times to get it to load. Missing out on FPs and so forth - some days can't get into the game at all. Forward progress in game is stalled because I can rarely get the game to load more than once per day.
  • I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Found nothing like this issue in the forums - if i could fix it, i would!
  • Have you tried fixing it by using these methods?: see above. This has been happening for several weeks. Happens daily at every login from cold boot or restart - happens in all three browsers I have installed.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2752

Hey Delphia, have you tried clearing your flash player memory? Sometimes Flash fails to update its own cache, this can be remedied by right clicking in-game then selecting Global Settings, then selecting Storage and Delete All.

DeletedUser5178

Hey Delphia, have you tried clearing your flash player memory? Sometimes Flash fails to update its own cache, this can be remedied by right clicking in-game then selecting Global Settings, then selecting Storage and Delete All.

Actually, I uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Flash Player several days ago (and that did nothing). But I did as you suggested. but it had no effect - still getting the same screen after selecting the Dunarsund world. I use the same laptop/browser to access the EN server Houndsmore and I NEVER have this issue - the game loads immediately there. So I'm really not understanding why one world works perfectly and the other won't load. My guess/thought is that it has something to do with the hardware acceleration and my Toshiba laptop?

DeletedUser

Hi Delphia, try to use an another computer to see if you open the game or try to Run Ccleaner.(Click on Ccleaner for download link)
If the game works on another computer reinstall your operating system on your Toshiba Laptop.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser5178

Hi Delphia, try to use an another computer to see if you open the game or try to Run Ccleaner.(Click on Ccleaner for download link)
If the game works on another computer reinstall your operating system on your Toshiba Laptop.

With respect, I'm not wiping my Windows 7 install just to see if the Beta Forge of Empires will run normally on my laptop. :eek: As any decent computer professional would understand, that would simply be overkill at this stage. Besides, the other world on EN server that is my primary home works perfectly on the same laptop with the same browser - which points to a Beta game issue, not an issue on my end. If it were happening on both servers, then I would definitely assume there was something amiss on my laptop. The ccleaner that you suggest does not do anything that I don't already do on a regular basis, so it is doubtful that would "fix" the issue. I am an IT professional with 30 years experience and keep my system in top working order. Also, nothing else on my laptop is malfunctioning - its just the FoE Beta that is not working. I have no issues with other games or web sites or anything - several of which use Flash. Unfortunately, I don't have access to another computer to try accessing the Beta server, or I would give that a try.

While it is possible that a Windows Update is causing the issue, it would still point to something conflicting with the way the Beta server is set up or programmed or configured, since as I mentioned, this does not occur on the EN server, Houndsmoore world that I play on. The fact that this is occurring in three different browsers leads me to believe that this is a definite possibility (as many Windows users are painfully aware, Windows Updates can make all sorts of things go wonky). However, short of rolling back all my windows updates for the past three weeks to test that theory, I'm not sure there is another way to see if that is, in fact, the culprit.

It would be helpful if there was someone else out there with the same issue. Should I put a ticket in to FoE support as well? Or will they see this?

NormaJeane

Viceroy
@ Delphia: Your problem may have been caused by the new buff system, which has been deactivated by now, see here for more info.

If you still experience the same problem now, please submit a support ticket.

DeletedUser5178

Well, I was hopeful - but alas, I am still getting the same screen. Tried all three browsers. No luck. :( I will submit a support ticket tomorrow. Thanks though!

Delphia, you are not the only one with this problem. I've got only 25 years of IT experience on my back, but I dare to back you up on this all the same ^^

Just dug out an old Opera Next 12.50. It manages to produce the regular loading screen every time which then gets stuck at 80-some percent. Did not complete a single time after a few dozen tries.

DeletedUser5178

It takes me an average of 23 refreshes to ever get past the blue screen I posted above and even get to the loading screen. And that's just the times that refreshing works. If it doesn't do anything after about 30 or so refreshes, and I'm still staring at that dang blue screen that says "Welcome to Forge of Empires", I just give up. LOL This is just terribly annoying. :(

I'm gonna go with quite annoying -- and I'm done testing this. There's nothing more to do from my end short of being sent the code for some serious scrutiny. If it doesn't work on reload, the bug hasn't been fixed, period.

DeletedUser5178

Just FYI - support has been unable (so far) to find a solution to this issue. Just to recap what I have tried so far (with no results to date):

* tried three different browsers
* Uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Flash
* cleared cache, browsing history, temp internet files in all browsers
* tried restarting browser
* tried restarting computer
* cleared the Adobe cache/stored files for both FoE servers/worlds
* ran the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (nothing found)
* done a complete Virus Scan using Norton 360 (nothing found)

EN Server Houndsmoore world continues to work just fine - ZZ Beta Dunarsund does not. :mad:

DeletedUser5178

My issue is not fixed with the update - still getting same screen instead of the normal load screen with progress bar. Tried a few extra things:

* Updated each browser to latest version/patch
* ran Norton 360 in "Silent" mode
* Disabled the firewall entirely

Still no results for me - still refreshing repeatedly just to get to the load screen. Once load screen finally appears, the games does load normally.