• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Can't click GE negotiation screen away

• Thread starter DeletedUser9045
  • Start date

DeletedUser9045

Reproduction Steps: On the beta server (works fine on the other worlds), go play GE and negotiate. Select 1 of the 5 negotion slots. Now you cannot click this screen away anymore on the beta server. You have to select something to be able to continue...
Note: This makes negotiating much harder, because very often I am opening such a screen to see what options are left and decide where to put it. If I have to make a (wrong) selection first, then the negotiation screen gets all messy.
Issue Description (10/10): Can't click GE negotiation screen away

Player: Mighte2
World: Dunarsund
Operating System: Windows 10
Browser Version: Latest Chrome
Viewport Size: 1920x1080

HTML5/Flash: Flash

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes, this is a recent issue and looked at recenly added issues.

DeletedUser9045

Tnx! Just tested it and that works too. That will help as a workaround when clicking is not working. Helpfull tip!
Though, for every other thing I do in FOE I do not use any keyboard keys, so being able to click the screen away will still be very helpfull if that is working again, especially for others who don't even know this ;)

Amy Steele

Regent
Hi mighte2, it's possible that this is related to the issue reported here (click). It may also be that it's intentional, with the additional keyboard shortcuts added last week. We will check this out :)

DeletedUser9045

Hi Amy. No it's not related.
The issue you are referring to is a 'failed to polish' issue. It's something that was never working convenient. At some point you have made clicking more convenient by not having to press ok, but be able to click beside the screen to say 'ok'. This message box was missed, because you will only notice this if you decide to camp in IA, which I have.
The issue I have reported here is something different. On the live servers, you can click outside of the negotiation screen to cancel your action. On the test server now however, this is not possible anymore. It is maybe not really a bug, but it is inconvinient behaviour of the UI, which used to work convinient.
A workaround is to press ESC. While it is great that keys can also be used instead of the mouse, it is not intuitive behaviour of the UI, which used to work good (and is still so on the live servers). Lets compare it to that you are driving a a car with automatic gears and all of a sudden you have to manually switch gears. It is still working, but not as you would expect/want it to ;)