• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Not A Bug: Cannot upgrade "The Ship - Lv. 2"

• Thread starter DeletedUser9129
  • Start date

DeletedUser9129

Hi,

Reproduction Steps:
1. Have an upgraded "The Ship". Mine is at level 2
2. Click on a a ship upgrade kit in the inventory
3. If you then point at "The Ship" there is no star to indicate an upgrade is possible and clicking on "The Ship" does not upgrade it. "The Ship" behaves like any other building and it seems that the upgrade kit does not recognise it as a potential upgradable item

Player: isopyl
World: Dunarsund
Operating System: Windows 10
Browser Version: Google Chrome (Version 66.0.3359.181 (Official Build) (64-bit))
Game Version: HTML5

Cheers,
Stephen

DeletedUser9129

I got a reply from technical support on this but I still think it's still a bug as the average player is never going to notice...

"When the ship is upgraded it technically gets removed from your city, and then added again. You do not have enough population for it to be removed then added. Once you gain more population you will be able to upgrade the ship."

DeletedUser

It's not a bug. It can't be upgraded if you do not have enough available population for it to be removed and then added again.

DeletedUser9130

eh suis pas vraiment sûr de ce que vous dites là :-( J'ai eu le même problème. Comme j'avais gagné un autre bateau, j'ai viré des habitations de ma cité et posé le deuxième bateau. Et c'est seulement là que j'ai pû améliorer le 1er bateau... Pourtant en posant le 2eme bateau et en vendant des batiments résidentiel, ma population a baissé.
Et ça ce n'est pas un Bug ?

DeletedUser

eh suis pas vraiment sûr de ce que vous dites là :-( J'ai eu le même problème. Comme j'avais gagné un autre bateau, j'ai viré des habitations de ma cité et posé le deuxième bateau. Et c'est seulement là que j'ai pû améliorer le 1er bateau... Pourtant en posant le 2eme bateau et en vendant des batiments résidentiel, ma population a baissé.
Et ça ce n'est pas un Bug ?

To upgrade the ship it has to be sold, upgraded, and added back to your city. This is what the upgrade kit does. At the point it is sold you lose the population from it. If you do not have enough available population at that time, the upgrade will fail.

e pourquoi le texte n'apparait pas en entier ?

What text?

DeletedUser8277

how much population is required?
The Ship gives population. What Zarok is saying is that the population in isopyl's ship is already being used in his city, meaning he has a lower available population than the ship provides. In order to upgrade the ship the ship would get moved to the inventory, the game is not allowing this because that would result in a negative population.

Like how you can't delete a house when the population is needed in your city, the alert that you get. It's the same thing, though I do think this alert should pop up in an instance like this as well so people know what is going on.

A work around could be to delete a goods or military building which requires population, then rebuild or use a store building on a terrace farm/event multi production building. Not a perfect work around, but it would get the job done. Though I thought with the Tholos we could upgrade in place without having to have it placed back in our inventories? Not sure why the ship couldn't be the same unless I'm mistaken.