• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Fixed on Beta: Building dont hold position

Troubleshooting
cleared cache
When you move building, then visit either spaceport or settlement, when you come back to main city, building is back at its previous position.

Browser or App version and version number
Vivaldi 3.6.2165.40 (Stable channel)
Recreation steps
1. Place building
2. Move building
3. Visit spaceport or settlement
4. Go back to main city
Frequency
Every time
Can this be reproduced?
Yes

BigCountry

Farmer
Yes - I saw this too today. I think I noticed this only on Beta server.

I build a witch doctor - and changed the position with a Blacksmith

Than I go to the Viking-Settlement - And when I came back to my town the witch doctor and the Blacksmith were at the same position. Placed on top of each other like an accident :)

If I make a reset in browser Firefox and started Webpage new - everything was fine again...

Last edited:

MageKnight

Farmer
Hi,

rejigged my city on builder. Set it up as City. Went elsewhere a few times, returning and then, went to Venus building and it reverted back to previous city with bits missing. Logged out and in and it is okay. I guess you've got a problem with how the City talks to the Colony and the colony must have a 'get out of Jail' mode that goes back to the last loaded/ saved/ buffered setting. That is a bit odd, as it should be dealt with in a feedback or a mirror loop so you go back to the last saved image, and as FoE updates rather fast that seems unlikely. I've viewed some of your coding on my 'development' laptop, and it is a bit woolly and fudged in places to save time and coding laziness. I've been writing industrial coding for over 40 years, and one thing you have to do is get the feedback loops working