• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Will Not Fix: Neverending loading shields and awfully long responses

DeletedUser8061

Issue Description (5/10): The problem which was recently marked as "Fixed", when we had to reload the game almost every time in GvG, is now affecting the whole game. You can get a game freeze wherever you can see the loading shield. It happens not all the time, but very very often. It can be GE, GvG, technology, Continent Map, and so on.

What is also connected to this problem, in my opinion, is that our browsers get a lot of crashes because of FoE nowadays. So just game stops responding, and then you click on some other tabs in your browsers, and they can't load as well. Refreshing also doesn't help. The only thing that helps is the full exiting and reopening the browser.
It started to happen not that long ago, but the specific date is unknown.

What is more, and in this case it's 10/10, every time when you just opened the game, you need to wait for about 5 minutes when the first click on someone's tavern gets done. Same happens with the military buildings where you want to recruit units. You just click on them and wait... wait... and wait for a while. And it's a long while. Sometimes you even need to reload.... again. Just to be able to train units. And then you need to wait for another 5 minutes if you decide to visit a tavern after reloading, and so on. And you can't even interact with the game mostly all of this time.

This thing also happens when you open GE for the first time after opening your game. You can clearly see the GE, but the interface is absent. Sometimes after reloading you can't find a part of the main interface, like chat. And it slightly affects the GvG map as well. It doesn't open instantly, like it was always, you can see the empty land at first, and only then the normal layout.

It happens rarely when you click on the "+" button to open the FPs buy choices. Then you also have to wait or even reload the game.

And the last, but not the least, the Continent Map. I often get the dark brown screen intead of the needed era map, when I move to it via the plane or ship.

P.S. I haven't reported this for a week or so, but now I realised I'm not the only one who gets these bugs. So it definitely is not connected to my laptop/browser problems.

An example when part of the interface is missing (happened a few times already):
No Quests.jpg
As you can see, there are no quests here. They also appear after around 5 minutes, or more.

Player: Harleen
World: Dunarsund
Operating System: macOS Sierra 10.12.5
Browser Version: Firefox 52.0.1 (64-bit)
Flash Version: MAC 27,0,0,159
Viewport Size: 1280x670

I have performed a quicksearch of the forums using a select few keywords relating to my bug to see if it has already been reported: Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andi47

Overlord
It also happened to me quite a number of times yesterday:
example: I was in the middle of a battle, the images of two images of the enemy army did not load, and then the battle got stuck and nothing happend until I reloaded (happened two times)
And I got stuck two times with a loading shield.

Seems the connection silently fails at some point and does not reconnect, the client gets no more data from the server, and ..... wait.... waiting.... waiting.... reload necessary

DeletedUser8061

Some more issues:
– when opening a someone's GB from the message attachment
– or when clicking on the GB button on your friends/hood/guild list for the first time after loading the game
– sometimes when clicking on your own Tavern for the first time after loading the game

DeletedUser

I am still testing this but so far I have not had any problems with taverns, GE, GB's, but I will keep trying.

DeletedUser8061

Now I can't even continue the battle I had when the game was updated... Nothing helps, each time when I try to continue it I get the neverending shield... Come on, I know it's Beta, but when you can't even play the game, it's a bit too much :(

The only thing that worked was going to the app...

DeletedUser5429

Hi, same thing for me.
One hour back I could fight allright, now I have this nerverending loading shield.

caro

Farmer
Everything was working fine for me until the update of this afternoon: now the battlefield is not loading (neverending shield),

DeletedUser

The battle issues are a separate problem from this thread and they are being worked on.
As to the OP here, I still can not reproduce any of this with any consistency, so if anyone has any steps they feel will lead to these problems every time please let me know, thanks.

DeletedUser8517

I am unable to fight in the guild expedition level 1.
I get the shield on the screen and the game just hangs.
I have to reload and then I get a message do I want to continue with the fight or retreat?
If I retreat I loose an attempt, if I continue the game hangs again.
I have to do 2 fights on the expedition map for the daily reward so looks like I wont be getting it today. :(

conqueror9

Regent
I should read this ...b4 i start GE again

with same fate, I need 2 more battles for daily

It seems i need to retreat and set 8 hour production and then go bed
and
re-continue next day for that 2 battles

Hope they can resolve it when i wake up

DeletedUser8517

I'm also trying pvp for first time and that hangs as well.

DeletedUser7951

Have the same issue. I can just click on the mail window and when going back it freezes. It can also freeze just being open without me doing anything for a little while. Other flash tabs works just fine even when Foe freezes. So far reloading works. These two last days it's been worse than normal. I use Opera browser.

DeletedUser5429

Problem with fights and neverending loading shield is fixed it seems.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Just to be clear, this thread seems to be mixing up a number of potential issues. The linked problem in OP's post was a specific issue with the introduction of the Autobattle. That's been fixed (hence the linked thread marked as such). The recent comments are about a problem with starting battles, as Zarok pointed out above. Those too have been fixed now with the latest game update.

So the actual report seems to be about it happening randomly sometimes in the game. Not tied to a specific action.

DeletedUser730

Not sure to what it is tied, but the fact is that this is still happening. Opening tavern, sitting in taverns, opening various screens. They all sometimes hang.

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
Not sure to what it is tied, but the fact is that this is still happening. Opening tavern, sitting in taverns, opening various screens. They all sometimes hang.
But that's exactly the point - it is technically not "still happening". The very initial report was for an endless loading shield when switching across GvG maps (or generally trying to open a second one after having opened a different one previously in that same game session). That was fixed. The more recent problem was an endless loading shield when trying to enter a battle. That was fixed.

So if you're experiencing a problem it is a different one from these and it would be of huge importance not to group it with those other issues. Because the steps you're doing before (opening GvG maps, trying to attack, etc.) that lead to the problem/error is what defines the issue. Just by saying this is happening again there is not much to look into because the originally reported issues were fixed and can no longer be reproduced. :)

DeletedUser730

I get the part about not grouping 2 separate issues, I do, but saying that "there is not much to look into" is like saying "we have a game, it has an issue, but we won't fix it, because the codebase is too big and we don't want to go through it all".

I promise you the new issue can be reproduced if you click through the game enough.

DeletedUser8061

@Darkstar, please read my report on this bug. It's about neverending shield inside the WHOLE game.
1. We had an issue about GvG maps. Okay, that is fixed now.
2. We got the issue reported in this very thread. NOT yet fixed.
3. We got an issue about starting a fight. This one was fixed, too.

So we still have the issue #2. And it's that issue @edu2004eu is referring to!

P.S. I get this bug almost as often as I get incidents in my city! I hope it's not another entertainment for us, players, from Inno ;)

But that's exactly the point - it is technically not "still happening". The very initial report was for an endless loading shield when switching across GvG maps (or generally trying to open a second one after having opened a different one previously in that same game session). That was fixed. The more recent problem was an endless loading shield when trying to enter a battle. That was fixed.

So if you're experiencing a problem it is a different one from these and it would be of huge importance not to group it with those other issues. Because the steps you're doing before (opening GvG maps, trying to attack, etc.) that lead to the problem/error is what defines the issue. Just by saying this is happening again there is not much to look into because the originally reported issues were fixed and can no longer be reproduced. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

thephantom

Emperor
InnoGames
@Darkstar, please read my report on this bug. It's about neverending shield inside the WHOLE game.
1. We had an issue about GvG maps. Okay, that is fixed now.
2. We got the issue reported in this very thread. NOT yet fixed.
3. We got an issue about starting a fight. This one was fixed, too.

So we still have the issue #2. And it's that issue @edu2004eu is referring to!
And I wasn't referring to some third party issue or a mistake in a report. I only said that the posts in general seem to be mixing up a number of issues and that they're not all about this particular one. Clarifying to those other players that this thread isn't necessarily about their issue. :)

I get the part about not grouping 2 separate issues, I do, but saying that "there is not much to look into" is like saying "we have a game, it has an issue, but we won't fix it, because the codebase is too big and we don't want to go through it all".

I promise you the new issue can be reproduced if you click through the game enough.
I don't think that comparison fits, and my personal opinion is that one shouldn't expect a review of the codebase of the whole game due to an issue, but hey that's just my opinion.

I didn't say the issue cannot be reproduced either. I haven't had it happen, but I cannot know what's happened to you during your gameplay. But just like those 2 other issues mentioned above have been tied to a specific action (changing gvg maps, starting battles), there's a high probability your particular issue is also tied to a specific action. Which is where noting down actions done right before this comes super helpful - when they match the notes of other players (or your own notes, when you have it happen multiple times) you come to a pattern which narrows down where the problem is. :)