• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Bot in Gvg

DeletedUser7565

Hello! Some guilds use a bot in GvG, a program that besieges automatically. No chance for who play honestly in this game.
How I can fight against a guild that doesn't respect the rules?
What are you doing to solve this problem?

I agree, public API on a daily extract for all foe db / stat external website will be good.
So many sites that scan the game might (partially) explain the lags we observe actually ingame.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7028

so allbody know.....nobody do....+

i can record how many video you want for dimostate it.....but real is same...nobody will do notthing....im very sorry for that

DeletedUser8857

I have talked with some players in Beta that have recorded the Bots in action during sieges, then sent this proof to support and they say they will look into it but nothing was ever done. Is it not a legal obligation for FOE or any site for that matter, to look into and fix cheats in the game. (when it is a money involved game?).

DeletedUser

I have talked with some players in Beta that have recorded the Bots in action during sieges, then sent this proof to support and they say they will look into it but nothing was ever done. Is it not a legal obligation for FOE or any site for that matter, to look into and fix cheats in the game. (when it is a money involved game?).
I'm curious what these bots were supposed to be doing so you can be sure? This game is so buggy (and laggy) when it comes to gvg and most people i talk to don't know the difference between a laggy game with many errors and cheats/bots.

Natalia1

Squire
When a guild that only has two players can attack extremely fast (as if 6-7 players were attacking), that is very suspicious. I can accept that guilds with many players online can look like they are using scripts, but not if the guild only has 2 players and they still seem to manage 7-8 attacks per second.

DeletedUser1283

Once again:
"Keep in mind that support is subject to privacy laws, in other words:
'we cannot tell you what actions may have been taken'."
Support investigates every report of cheating.
However, this does not mean that every player who has been reported of cheating is actually cheating.

Alas, good honest players who report cheating get no feed back and thus think nothing it being done, theres nothing in german privacy laws which prevent a mod saying, "action being taken", "no action at this time". But of course INNO wants to hide behind this so called law to prevent them having to pay for decent tools to spot cheats, much prefer to increase profits rather than make a fair playing ground for all.

DeletedUser1283

When a guild that only has two players can attack extremely fast (as if 6-7 players were attacking), that is very suspicious. I can accept that guilds with many players online can look like they are using scripts, but not if the guild only has 2 players and they still seem to manage 7-8 attacks per second.
impossible for any group of player to attack faster than about 5 secs a fight assuming no replacement of troops, so 2 players doing 3-4 fights a sec is impossible for normal play.

Emberguard

Emperor
Alas, good honest players who report cheating get no feed back and thus think nothing it being done, theres nothing in german privacy laws which prevent a mod saying, "action being taken", "no action at this time". But of course INNO wants to hide behind this so called law to prevent them having to pay for decent tools to spot cheats, much prefer to increase profits rather than make a fair playing ground for all.

The privacy laws can be summarised as everything divulged about one player to another has to be on a need-to-know basis. On a need-to-know basis there’s no need for us as players to know the outcome. All we need to know is the report was received and appropriate action taken if necessary

You might not like it. However it’s much easier to say too much then it is to say too little. It’d be impossible to tell when something is false without also confirming when something is true. In doing so there’d be the potential for a lot of derivative info.

Saying nothing ensures it’s kept within the legal guidelines. It also means players can’t abuse the support system to test if a bot is detectable

urine luck

Baronet
it is possible for 1 player to appear as many players and do many battles, multiple battles per second, without breaking any rules and without exploiting any loopholes in rules. (its not surprising people will interpret what they see in those situations as cheating)

with that being the case, if any scripts are available for such things, it will be impossible for players to tell them apart, it would need devs to look at logs for patterns.

the cheating that is going on, without a doubt imo, is the bots/macro for placing siege and use of multiple accounts, those accounts are used to push gb and give the player a big advantage and used in gvg to operate ghost guilds for tactical advantage.

dolphin

Marquis

Yes!

Miepie

Baronet
All that "proof" I'm wondering ... Did they use a bot and send the evidence, or did they think they saw a bot in action and recorded that. Cause I know a lot of players make the claim their enemies uses bots even when I know for a fact they didn't. And if for instance that claim is correct, that some players can do 2 or 3 fights per second, that would mean they have an empty sector in 3 seconds, you'd probably wouldn't even have the time to react, it would be siege, bam shield. But winning such a sector in 1o to 15 seconds, absolutely doable without bots.

But then, my guild has had so many accusations about using bots, I really cannot take it very serieus anymore, because I know we don't. But still some enemy guilds just cannot believe they could actually lose so it doesn't matter what proof you'd give them of no wrongdoing, they still believe we must be a bunch of cheaters. So I read this and cannot help but think how much of that is going on here? At least 95% of the times you lose it is because the other guild did a better job. Sorrie, I know this isn't what you want to hear but that is what I have seen over the years of people complaining about cheating and bots.

Some simple solutions should be implemented by inno like adding a token in post response (against bot script) or adding variable position validation button (against ghodtmouse script) but they don't
When we see inno firstly allow an external website to "scan all gvg maps and send mail to private users to inform them of a siege"... all is said...

Last edited:

DeletedUser7107

Tonight my account was blocked because it was suspected I was using a bot. I do not. I do not cheat. I do not even do GvG. It concerns me that I can be arbitrarily blocked from the game, after spending thousands of dollars on it. I am trying to decide what I want to do. I am waiting to hear from Inno on the issue, I guess their response will determine whether I continue playing or not

DeletedUser

impossible for any group of player to attack faster than about 5 secs a fight assuming no replacement of troops
comments like this make me want to claw my face off and are the reason i did videos of me playing gvg. here is me clearly cheating because i can use my mouse:
(start at the minute mark or sth)

and that's not even fast. if you can align the map properly so the the clicks are all almost on the same spot (which i don't do in the videos, because i was in charge of sieging and stuff), you can be faster. one fight every 2 seconds is doable. if a sector belongs to a npc you could be even faster, because the sector opens right away.

(btw if a dev reads this: there are markers in the descriptions when i encounter bugs/lags, yw).

Last edited by a moderator: