• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Bot in Gvg

DeletedUser7565

Hello! Some guilds use a bot in GvG, a program that besieges automatically. No chance for who play honestly in this game.
How I can fight against a guild that doesn't respect the rules?
What are you doing to solve this problem?

DeletedUser7565

It's what I've done. Results? Zero
It's responsability of the devolepers to give us a game where we can play honestly and give a perma ban to who use bot.
a possibly solution? Move the window of besiege in a random point on the screen, so you have to click manually if the position always change..
Too difficult?
Another solution? A drastic solution: Eliminate the GvG.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
From the game rules:

6) Bots and scripts
It is strictly forbidden to use bots or scripts.
Examples:
- It is strictly forbidden to use bots or scripts that automatically collect your resources.
- It is not allowed to use click-bots or scripts that minimize your manual clicks.
- You may not use programs that mimic premium features or provide an unfair advantage.

Please keep in mind however that on Beta, we can ONLY handle Beta-issues - so if you noticed this on a live server: you should contact local support.

Whenever you suspect cheating on Beta, please contact support

Keep in mind that support is subject to privacy laws, in other words:
'we cannot tell you what actions may have been taken'.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7565

So you know it is possible use this bots, I imagine you know that many guilds use it, I know, you know, but no one do anything.
So I'm frustrated, How can I' m sure some guilds use it? Well I play FoE 5 by years, If a guild use bots i have the experience to affermate this.
I can't prove it, but I know and many people know and I suppose you know too. I can only ask the support to monitorate the attacks.
The problem is that seems not important for you. I offer a simple solutions for the developers.

NormaJeane

Viceroy
So you know it is possible use this bots, I imagine you know that many guilds use it, I know, you know, but no one do anything ...

Once again:
"Keep in mind that support is subject to privacy laws, in other words:
'we cannot tell you what actions may have been taken'."

... So I'm frustrated, How can I' m sure some guilds use it? Well I play FoE 5 by years, If a guild use bots i have the experience to affermate this.
I can't prove it, but I know and many people know and I suppose you know too. I can only ask the support to monitorate the attacks.
The problem is that seems not important for you. I offer a simple solutions for the developers.

Players may think a bot is being used, while this is not true. Please keep in mind that some guilds/players are very fanatic and really are putting their sieges in accordance with the game rules, while smartly using external communication tools.

As I said: "Whenever you suspect cheating on Beta, please contact support

Support investigates every report of cheating.
However, this does not mean that every player who has been reported of cheating is actually cheating.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7565

It is sure that I WILL NOT spend any cent in this Game.
The GO in my live server answer that they will investigate, but the truth is that you are not able to discover that bot.

DeletedUser7942

When my guild plays GvG we allocate one player to set the sieges. As soon as the button is available, he/she sets the siege manually in a fraction of a second. A bot could not be quicker. I think you're just up against good players, not a bot.
Sure that can be as well since it's easier setting resieges than replacing defenses during battle but it's pretty common in gaming like much else in life for people to cheat, the question really is what measures does IG have to counter any possible cheating.

DeletedUser7565

When my guild plays GvG we allocate one player to set the sieges. As soon as the button is available, he/she sets the siege manually in a fraction of a second. A bot could not be quicker. I think you're just up against good players, not a bot.

Yes I'm really really very fast. But not faster than a bot. Probably in your server you play against honest player, that's not my situation. I'm sure of that. The real problem is that INNO and the support can't stop it. Or don't want to stop it.

A possibly solution is that the window of the siege change position at each siege. Too difficult?

DeletedUser7942

Yes I'm really really very fast. But not faster than a bot. Probably in your server you play against honest player, that's not my situation. I'm sure of that. The real problem is that INNO and the support can't stop it. Or don't want to stop it.

A possibly solution is that the window of the siege change position at each siege. Too difficult?
One solution I've heard of is games that had their players send in videos of them playing to see if they weren't cheating, though obviously not great solution to automatically catch people it is a way they could check anyway. There's got to be some sort of technological thing they could do but I have no idea what that could be. A simple programming change like you mention seems to me if one is smart enough to script for how it is now they could rewrite to match it but again way out of my league here because I have no clue how to do such things.

Miepie

Baronet
I've heard may accusations of guilds using bots. I don't rule out the possibility but then again, my own guild has been accused of using bots by at least 3 different guilds. And I am 100% sure I don't use them and about 99.999% sure none of my figthers does. But we are pretty fast, both in sieging and resieging as in replacing defence. I can understand that's pretty frustrating, but it's not against the rules to be highly organised. Never rule out the possibility you've just lost fair and square.

DeletedUser7565

Well if you don't use bot doesn't mean that someone else use it. The point is not if these bot exist or not. They exist. The point is that INNO ignore this problem. I' m happy for you if in your server the players play honestly. That's not what happen in my server

DeletedUser7028

true....it server i know for sure some guild use bot....but nobody do notthing from staff....here i dont know

Miepie

Baronet
Well if you don't use bot doesn't mean that someone else use it. The point is not if these bot exist or not. They exist. The point is that INNO ignore this problem. I' m happy for you if in your server the players play honestly. That's not what happen in my server

That isn't what I'm saying. I am saying that we are constantly accused of using bots, while I'm 99.9999% certain none of my guildmates use them. That makes me a bit reluctant to accept other accusations. Most times if you lose, it is because the other guild is just faster/better prepared. And one way to insure your own guild doesn't improve is by presuming you are losing because the other guild is cheating. You might, just might, be wrong.

Maybe you do not use "bot", but lot of guilds use them... or bot-like... i think to that website that send mail when a siege is posed. And that bot-like is accepted by innogames.
On fr servers all bot that do not interract autmaticly with the game are accepted, it opesn the door to all kinds of abuses.

Innogames accept a website scan all gvg maps each minute and inform players that a siege is set, that's the reality (https://forum.fr.forgeofempires.com...ar-un-site-externe.110212/page-4#post-1355488)

Then you can develop a bot that inform you to collect your coins and supplies, you can develop a bot that inform you that you can win FP on neighbour GB, you can develop a bot that inform you that a siege is posed on GvG...

If sometimes that bot clicks by mistake and defends in gvg it's not your fault, it's legal ...

In fact innogames is helpless against these bots and closes its eyes. There are no solutions, there is no problem.

Logain Sedai

Baronet
the gvg siege notifications seem unfair though. how on earth can this be okay with inno?

If the gvg siege notifications were part of Inno game (like there is in Gregopolis where you get alert when one of your cities is attacked), this would be fine because it would benefit all players, not only the players who, somehow, found out about the possiblities of this website.

Miepie

Baronet
Pffff, last thing I need is getting GvG alerts when I'm not online. Especially at night hahahaha. Let them take whatever they want when I'm sleeping, we'll deal with that the next day

RedRed

Viceroy
all bot that do not interract autmaticly with the game are accepted, it opesn the door to all kinds of abuses.

Innogames accept a website scan all gvg maps each minute and inform players that a siege is set, that's the reality (https://forum.fr.forgeofempires.com...ar-un-site-externe.110212/page-4#post-1355488)
So a script that inform you in real-time about a game change is not interacting? cool...:D (btw talking about privacy in this way you can easily detect when a player is online measuring when his score changes, and recording it for a reasonable amount of time gives you his habits)

Innogames should provide a database dump every 24h like in games of their competitors, and let the players to act freely on that database only (or some public API with appropriate restrictions).

Last edited: