• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Boosted Siege Armies?

DeletedUser1264

Are siege armies supposed to be boosted or not? Every once in a while I run into one that's boosted, but mine never are, nor are most others. Is it a bug or a feature that some occasional ones have a 50% boost? If it's a feature, how does it work - what determines whether there's a boost or not?

Nyxx

Merchant
Yes they are boosted, but the bonus is applied only during daily calculation (when all bonuses are recalculated). So if you're blazin' through defences, you never get to see the bonus.

DeletedUser

This is the explanation.
You can see a support bonus by hovering your mouse over an army. Defending armies and siege armies can have a support bonus if they are in range. A guild's support pool is recalculated every day, when the countdown ends.
A siege bonus depends on the range from your HQ. You can only have a siege bonus if you have a sector in that range and then the siege bonus is the same as the bonus of that sector. Other wise it is 0%

DeletedUser1264

Thanks, people, but ... that's not how it's working in the game. I've only seen one siege army with a boost. I've only talked to one other player who's seen one with a boost. My own sieges are never boosted even when they're right next to the HQ. So something isn't working.

DeletedUser

Thanks, people, but ... that's not how it's working in the game. I've only seen one siege army with a boost. I've only talked to one other player who's seen one with a boost. My own sieges are never boosted even when they're right next to the HQ. So something isn't working.

Agreed. These answers aren't correct (unless it's bugged) I had a siege army boosted yesterday. Will try to recreate the circumstances. But if I figure it out, it would be in my best interest not to share. Perhaps that is why we can't get an answer.

DeletedUser4679

This is the explanation.

A siege bonus depends on the range from your HQ. You can only have a siege bonus if you have a sector in that range and then the siege bonus is the same as the bonus of that sector. Other wise it is 0%

So a siege adjacent to the HQ should have a bonus, correct? This is not the case. At least not on Live.
For example: My guild has 1 sector in LMA, with 100%+ extra pool available (if that should matter) - none of the sieges we have up have any bonus at all.

DeletedUser1264

So a siege adjacent to the HQ should have a bonus, correct? This is not the case. At least not on Live.
For example: My guild has 1 sector in LMA, with 100%+ extra pool available (if that should matter) - none of the sieges we have up have any bonus at all.

That's what I've observed as well.

DeletedUser

Your siege army can only have a bonus if your guild have a sector that is on the same range of the HQ as the sector that you siege.
Then you get the same bonus like that sector.
Off course you can have the bad luck that that sector have a bonus of 0%.

I think we can say that most of the time a siege army have no bonus.

DeletedUser4846

The boosts from the support bonuses isn't applied until the calculation occurs (people should notice this "lag" when moving HQ's). So for example if the countdown timer has just started and you lay a siege the siege troops won't get a bonus untill the countdown has gone down and the daily calculations have occured.

Thus the best time to siege is just before the timer expires, your siege goes down (with 0 bonus) and then after calculations the bonuses should be applied.

It would be nice if siege armies started with the bonus but that might be more difficult to implement than it sounds.

(please note I'm interpreting Nyxx's post and have not personally done this and can not personally confirm this, however my method would be a good way to test it if your awake and able to place a siege at the end of the daily timer)

DeletedUser1264

(please note I'm interpreting Nyxx's post and have not personally done this and can not personally confirm this, however my method would be a good way to test it if your awake and able to place a siege at the end of the daily timer)

Someone already posted that it doesn't work that way - they've had a siege going right next to their HQ for a few days and it's got 0 boost the whole time.

DeletedUser4846

That's interesting because I just confirmed that it does work that way (on the live servers at least). I watched a siege in place before the count down expired at 0 support, (40s to go) then after the countdown it was in range of the HQ and got a 50% bonus.

I see your refering to Zunegate and while I can't understand what he means by 100% extra pool (as support pool is worked out by points) but if he has 100 points (the + indicates more but unsure how much more so I can't comment) then in LMA then he has to divide them by the support factor to get the true value of support for LMA sectors. If their HQ is at the 75% bonus and they are sure that their support pool divided by the support factor for LMA should give them some overflow then yes the should be getting a bonus.

In saying all this there could be a bug affecting some sectors and not allowing siege armies to gain support bonuses?

DeletedUser1264

Yes, it seems to be very inconsistent. Something's wrong, but when it's so unclear how it's supposed to work, it's hard to say which part is bugged up.

DeletedUser

@ mink

From what i gather if you only have an HQ and no other adjacent sectors for some reason your siege may still not get a boost even after the timer reset. Don't know if this is correct by i've seen something along that lines posted several times.