• Dear forum reader,
    To actively participate in our forum discussions or to start your own threads, in addition to your game account you need a forum account. You can
    REGISTER HERE!
    Please ensure a translation in to English is provided if your post is not in English and to respect your fellow players when posting.

Cannot Reproduce: Blinking specks on FoE screens (HTLM5)

NormaJeane

Viceroy
For the past few days (I'm not sure when exactly it started) I see loads of tiny blinking specks on all my FoE in-game screens. Not only on this server, but on my live NL-server as well. It is rather annoying...

I have tried other browsers, those showed the same blinking.

When I switch to Flash, the blinking disappears, so it seems to be related to HTML5.
Is anyone else is experiencing the same blinking ???

Blinking_2019-04-03.png

Do you know how to reproduce the bug consistently?
5/5 = happens always

Game version:
On Beta: 1.150.94e2daeaf4f (03.04.2019 9:26)
On NL: 1.149.2ae1ac2f97a (03.04.2019 10:28)

HTML5/Flash: HTML5 (when using flash the specks disappear)
Platform:
1.150.94e2daeaf4f (03.04.2019 9:26), NormaJeane (44624), zz1, en_US, WEB 7,1,1,0, Mac OS X 10.11, Firefox/66.0, 1694x954, OpenGL Vendor=Mozilla Version=WebGL 1.0 Renderer=Mozilla GLSL=WebGL GLSL ES 1.0 (512 MB VRAM)

Artubar

Baronet
never had that problem.... did you try to disable hardware acceleration?

disable-firefox-hardware-acceleration.jpg

(restart Firefox after making the change)

DeletedUser9410

iv never had it either, but i havent switched to HTML yet ( wish i didnt have to, but will eventually i suppose )
Iv been using Firefox with Flash for years and never had any serious issues with it.

DeletedUser5882

Never seen anything similar!

HTML5 has created problems for me since it was launched.
What I find odd about HTML5 is that it causes unique bugs!!
I had a bug with HTML5 a year ago. Since then I have changed my PC, monitor like the whole set! But the bug still appears!!
I ask everyone using HTML5 if they experience anything similar, they say they don't. It is only me!!

This made me think... What if this bug happens because the game (HTML5) interacts with more than just the browser or the OS?!
What do I have in common with my old PC?.. Except the hardware and maybe an updated version of same OS, I have the exact same programs like the antivirus and same extensions in my browser!
That must be why I am the only one experiencing this bug! I alone must have an extension or program that triggers that bug!

But this makes it almost impossible to detect what exactly causes the problem!
I would have to format my PC and open the game anew with HTML5 after every new program is installed.

This is the bug that happens to me:
each time I visit the settlement, the city never loads! It freezes while loading.